Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm gonna get one.

A PS5 that is.

I'm gonna play video games on it. Gonna be alright probably. Not sure. Ok, well thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good soup! posted:

they called the fifth PlayStation PlayStation five

it seems better than calling it "Playstation Again" or "Playstation No Don't". Personally I think naming something Five when it's the fifth of something is ok.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like if you said
"I'm gonna go play my Playstation Again"

or
"I'm gonna go play my Playstation, No Don't."

People would look at you like it was no big deal or that you were arguing with yourself like a homeless person but instead you're just telling the world which version of the playstation that you're off to go play video games on. Which would be the fifth one.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

An Xbox Next?

How about "An Xbox? No Thank You I'm Fine!" LMAO

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

who knows

I got a piss4 because more people I knew at the time had them and still didn't play poo poo with them but it also seemed like the "better" console this last time around, whenever that was?

I just read some article last week that now the new xbox looks like it's VERY marginally maybe better but they're both pretty much the same, so...gently caress if I know about that aspect. I'm just getting the ps5 because now I have the ps online account and crap. As for 'getting on release', sure. Go for it. I think consoles usually get better hardware on them later, but it's usually a couple years into production runs after they figure out the ram starts on fire after 3 months of use in .005% of them and poo poo like that. They don't, like, suddenly get new chipsets and stuff.

e: oh that was a honeypot to trick me into saying I read an ars technica article about playstations two weeks ago or wherever it was that I saw the thing? drat I'm undone.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Should call it a Sony PAYstation cuz that shits MONEY dog LMAO you heard me?!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

i think the formula is more like (69/420)

nice

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Is there really a point to the PS5? Has the PS4's potential been reached?

That would insinuate future consoles cannot increase the brightness and sharpness further on Spidermans crotch and I refuse to believe that.

quote:

There was a browser game that I can't seem to find for you right now, unfortunately, that was basically just giving input according to the game's instructions (like "move your cursor here, now wiggle it, now faster, that's it!") and after playing that for a while I can't help but see computer games as essentially just variations of that idea.

you seem lame as hell.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Not if you buy it with bitcoin profits :smuggo:

Christmas came early this year.

Did you quote my post that was jokingly saying "The playstation is good" so that you could specifically come in here to say "I'm a bitcoin farmer and used bitcoin to buy one, look at me"?

Because it sure seems like you did do that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They are calling it the Playstation Five
Because

That

Is how many

THEY ARE GOING TO SELL

BOOOM ROASTED LMAO PC SUPREMACY

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

The whole Kinect thing was loving dumb.

Not long into this gen, I went out shopping specifically to buy a new console, and my choice was Xbox One. I couldn't quite afford new, so I had to get preowned.

I went into GAME and asked if they had any preowned Xbox One consoles. Yes, they had one - but it didn't have the Kinect sensor. I asked if I could buy it separately - no, they don't come separately, so if you lose it or it breaks then you have to buy a whole new console. And it seemed essential to have it for a number of games.

At that point I thought gently caress it and just bought a ps4 and then bought a camera separately a few years later

why the hell did you buy a camera or want the kinect functionality at all

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ah fair enough; I never thought (or knew to be frank) about the camera for VR.

Was the VR on play station worth it? It seems too late in the life cycle for me to consider it now and didn't seem "good enough" at the time for me to want it at release, did I miss out?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

gonna shove a next gen console up my rear end. i probably won't survive, but for a noble goal sacrifices must be made.

I'm watching this in 3d VR and it's like I'm right there, experiencing having the latest consumer electronics shoved into my OWN rear end, in real time. Incredible.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

You can pry the mechanical keyboard and needlessly complicated gaming mouse from my cold dead hands.:colbert:

I really appreciate the Cherry MX Blue switch you put in the toilet handle as I dunk your nerd face into it for a damnable old swirlie ya dead nerd

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I feel like flight sim (or a racing sim or a space dog fight sim or a space racing sim where you're a dog that shoots lasers at other dogs etc) would be what gets me on board too rather than, say a sword fighting game.
However, any of those types of games I also feel like would necessitate either a racing wheel or flight controller and pedals, etc. and jesus...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can.

I can believe that the prior generation's video game consoles shipped to the consumer containing platter hard drive disk units.
I also believe that the vast majority of those consumers were not affected by them in a negative way.

Thank you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh, actually, they just released a fix for that.
To resolve it you put the controller down when watching movies rather than sell the entire console because you can't figure that out.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

the ps5 will have that and more buy one of those it's gonna own

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Sony having the undisputed lead in the console wars from the PS2 only to poo poo all over themselves with the PS3 was really funny

almost as funny as when Microsoft returned the favor with the 360/one

they both tried so hard n got so far
but in the end
it
never really mattered

RIP tha gr8st consol generations much luv

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

rap music posted:

I just built a games computer for the price of a ps5 with better hardware hth :smugdog:

I did something socially acceptable instead

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

i wish you would go to the post station

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

in which hole? the usb slots? the camera port? the disc drive?!

hell fuckin yea he does

I slam on my pissVR helmet and he "shares" with me and hot drat he really goes "whole hog" on the whole console. He's like a gay gamer tsunami on every port and vent hole that thing has and wishes it has. One time he brought a Gayme cube in for some twink action and the things he did with those proprietary controller ports was like watching Beethoven conduct a symphony assuming Beethoven was a fat gay moron with a hardon loving a gamecube on a webcam. Too beautiful for words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

games so good you didn't have time for anything else that's what that kind of exclusivity can bring to the table, folks