Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

guitartorch posted:

It took 16 years to get from ps1 to ps 5. If my math is right i won’t live to see the ps69 drop in 2230

psx launched in 1995, it took 25 years to go through ps1,ps2,ps3,ps4

i think the formula is more like (69/4) * 25 + 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i'm glad they focus on other things than just more graphics this generation with that weird positional audio coprocessor they stuck in it. Faster load times will be nice too.

If the extra oomph in the ps5 means most games will target 60fps instead of 30fps that's probably the most significant change. The PS2 had lots of 60fps games, if the ps5 has them too maybe the pc master racers will shut up for a while :awesome:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

That video is really silly because it assumes that modern human civilization survives another 50 years

the actual playstation 9 will look more like

and it will be wildly successful

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's all about the exclusives, I am super ready for the next chapters of Horizon and God of War on PS5