Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If I have cash I want to donate I donate it to an animal shelter local to me. Even with a pandemic on animal shelters need funds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If you want it to go to people I'd say use it for the benefit of your family, friends, and neighbors. (cover some of your family's bills or something, or yeah a local food bank.)

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

pseudorandom posted:

Actual serious answer, like HDC said, I'm holding onto a chunk of cash just in case friends, family, etc need it. After that, I'd default to animal shelters and food banks, or something to support medical workers. I don't know if it's the best outlook, but I'm focusing on the closest emotional/physical areas first, and then expanding my search outward.

I prolly could have said it better but yeah my main point is give it directly to something local, not some massive charity that's gonna result in only a small portion of your donation actually accomplishing something.

Even if this means having to physically go to some place and write them a check, or buy non-perishable foods to give to a local food bank.

E: but above all else imo use your spare cash to take care of your kin before you give it to others. Obviously I'm aware that there may be bad blood and non-traditional family dynamics involved with some people and that's totally fine imo. Follow your heart.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 19, 2020

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Gone Fashing posted:

i don't think anyone could ever convince me to give money to a random goon for disbursal to goons in need, no matter how well intentioned they might be

This. I absolutely do not trust that the recipient is honest. And I don't say that to take away from those that are honest. But I'll never know that for sure so I'd rather give locally.