Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I was wrong about pretty much everything; such is the magic of this game.

Also:

Moatillata posted:

Also now I must post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
there was a cult in this game tho

it was secret

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Gamerofthegame posted:

it was secret
True. Agree secret emerald cult?

Hawke you killed a scum that's p good. And I think saved some people too? :sun:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Gamerofthegame posted:

it was secret

Never give in never back down

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Somberbrero posted:

Looking back through your posts I'm not exactly right. You were pretty active at one point and then dropped off hard. Sorry for the mischaracterization, dunno why I was so frustrated with you in particular.

No problem. I was a little dramatic in that last post tbf. I admit that I coasted through some recent mafia games, so I really made an attempt to put more effort into this game. I wasn’t sure why I was being accused of not playing the game haha. In the long run I’m just glad we won. This was a long game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Personally I think everyone did a great job and I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves and that even the mafia are gracious in their defeat. I am pleased. Thank you.

I will open a minigame sometime next week once work settles down. (We just got an email from the project manager chastising us for not working hard enough. I wish I was still furloughed.)

Here is a star for everyone to wear with pride:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Gold_Star.svg/1200px-Gold_Star.svg.png

Take care of yourselves and remember nothing that happens this year matters except for the stuff that matters.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

No problem. I was a little dramatic in that last post tbf. I admit that I coasted through some recent mafia games, so I really made an attempt to put more effort into this game. I wasn’t sure why I was being accused of not playing the game haha. In the long run I’m just glad we won. This was a long game.

I only voted to l*nch you because I thought it would be me otherwise.

Moatillata posted:

Also now I must post this

And this is just wonderful Moat, sorry about hammering

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

EccoRaven posted:

Personally I think everyone did a great job and I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves and that even the mafia are gracious in their defeat. I am pleased. Thank you.

I will open a minigame sometime next week once work settles down. (We just got an email from the project manager chastising us for not working hard enough. I wish I was still furloughed.)

Here is a star for everyone to wear with pride:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Gold_Star.svg/1200px-Gold_Star.svg.png

Take care of yourselves and remember nothing that happens this year matters except for the stuff that matters.

Thank you I will put this gold star alongside my album of gold stars I award myself for every mafia game I play.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Thanks for the game Ecco. Was fun.

Monathin posted:

- A miller cop is really frustrating to scum, because by the time Somb was revealed to be a cop it was far, far too late for us to do anything about it.

Ah yes, the famously overpowered Miller attribute. Gotta be careful about handing that out to Townies because it can quickly make the game unfair to Scum.

b-minus1 posted:

I can’t believe you guys lunched me :(

As I said at various times during the game, sometimes when Town is ahead in the game, you'll see a path to victory that involves lunching some people you think are more likely to be Town ahead of people you think are more likely to be Scum. It can be counterintuitive, but if you see such a plan you might as well take it. And the people getting lunched needn't feel bad about it... a win's a win, doesn't matter if you're dead, it's just "taking one for the team."

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I briefly went through the scumdoc and man... it's really funny that to satisfy my win condition I completely betrayed them, from their perspective, culminating with shooting chaoslord.

Gamer claiming me as his mason was to help give me town cred, so Toal was right to be suspicious. I just thought it was a wrong-headed mistake.

I had one side trying to keep me alive, and my whole strategy was to try to help kill them, creating a dynamic that accidentally gave me a shot at satisfying my win condition.

And the Jed!.jpg was created earlier in the game and posted a few times in the scumdoc, I will use that in future games despite my changed avatar. (assuming I'm on a team that wins again)

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
At the end there I was preparing to alternately protect Toal and myself and methodically vote everyone else teehee

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MisterJed posted:

I briefly went through the scumdoc and man... it's really funny that to satisfy my win condition I completely betrayed them, from their perspective, culminating with shooting chaoslord.

Gamer claiming me as his mason was to help give me town cred, so Toal was right to be suspicious. I just thought it was a wrong-headed mistake.

I had one side trying to keep me alive, and my whole strategy was to try to help kill them, creating a dynamic that accidentally gave me a shot at satisfying my win condition.

And the Jed!.jpg was created earlier in the game and posted a few times in the scumdoc, I will use that in future games despite my changed avatar. (assuming I'm on a team that wins again)

Yeah it was wild, we sold out to make sure you stayed alive and at literally every turn (hammering moat, pushing sng, gamer was obvious, shooting me, and keeping Mona on your suspicion list) you worked against us haha. Extremely unlucky for us

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Playing scum side as survivor is hard when it's so much easier to claim and scum hunt, because scum will never kill u out of hopes you turn on town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

Playing scum side as survivor is hard when it's so much easier to claim and scum hunt, because scum will never kill u out of hopes you turn on town.

Yeah, we thought until the final third of the game he was a separate 3rd party that shared a wincon with us since we had to keep him alive. We were half right!

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Yeah it was wild, we sold out to make sure you stayed alive and at literally every turn (hammering moat, pushing sng, gamer was obvious, shooting me, and keeping Mona on your suspicion list) you worked against us haha. Extremely unlucky for us

That reminds me...

SNG, if you’re around, why did you claim to give the chaos emerald to cheese in N0? Did you know I did it?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

MisterJed posted:

:gbsmith:

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Sorry dude. If it’s any consolation, this is the first mafia game where I’ve satisfied my win condition. Thanks to all of you wonderful scum not going after me at all

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

MisterJed posted:

Sorry dude. If it’s any consolation, this is the first mafia game where I’ve satisfied my win condition. Thanks to all of you wonderful scum not going after me at all

Apologize to none

You played a good game and I refuse to blame anyone but myself

Hence I will need someone itt to give me a good spanking as I've been very bad

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Apologize to none

You played a good game and I refuse to blame anyone but myself

Hence I will need someone itt to give me a good spanking as I've been very bad

You're not actually going to quit mafia again, buster.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

You're not actually going to quit mafia again, buster.

https://youtu.be/33izVlIOgnQ

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You lynched me when I was asleep!!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

MisterJed posted:

That reminds me...

SNG, if you’re around, why did you claim to give the chaos emerald to cheese in N0? Did you know I did it?

Well I needed an innocuous and unverifiable N0 action to prop my claim, so I took a gamble that cheese had it to start and therefore no one could prove I didn’t use my “diamond spyglass”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

So nope! Pure coincidence, and a bad gamble on my part :p