Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I would like to be a replacement, I do have PMs, and my email address is DrChaoSlord at gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Move me to player list please, friend ecco

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

hello! the game is full! role PMs go out tonight!

I believe in you, friend ecco!

But also I have to finish my semester this week so I want it out there now that I may not be super around D1, apologies to everyone in advance

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

[quote="SHALASHASKA HAWKE" post="504516977"]

[/quote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Oh before I forget I'm a Miller

:siren: SECOND POST MILLER CLAIM :siren:

##vote somber

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Spoonsy posted:

Because if they have more money, they can buy more things of course.

:hmmyes:

While we're on the subject, I wish my irl econ professor would grade my paper already so I know what I need to get on my final :argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

hi im new and also a somberberbo

what are your feelings on the hit comedy Sealab 2021?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I’m more of a Bojack guy

:ohdear: are.... are you ok?

Spoonsy posted:

I feel that the true meaning of Alvis time is Drinking. Drinking and Revenge!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MisterJed posted:

Yes I follow r\legaladvice

MisterJed posted:

r\legaladvice
##unvote
##vote MisterJed

lunch all liars

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

while i am going to vote you for floating an opinion while immediately abdicating any kind of responsibility for it(##vote shalashaska hawke) i am curious a) why you think i've mostly been focusing on setup spec, like specific posts you can point to, and 2) what else i should be focusing on whilst no one else is posting?

Somber you have forgotten to do something very important in an Ecco game and I do not believe anyone else has pointed that out to you yet

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

I hate this posting gimmick birb i like it when you are cool and fun

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

hi hello its me slord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

hi slord how are ya

I am not doing well but I am staying up late to catch up on the thread so there is that! How are you, friend Toalpaz?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

yuming posted:

Here's my best guess ~feeling~ atm.

##vote chaoslord

For being around and posting but not really contributing.

Well we can't all have duck duck grey duck to talk about!

For real though, I didn't have anything to contribute. Up to where I had left off reading:

*There was a long flavor discussion (I know Somber, I know, it was more than just flavor, but it was heavily linked to flavor) which is :words: that I just don't care about. Flavor and it's meaning for scumhunting is something that's easy to have genuine opinions about and also easy to pretend to have opinions about. From what was said about the flavor: Soda just wanted something to post about. PMom was right that ecco games are full of flavor that could be hard to fake. Somber is right that for some people it would be easy to fake among all his other points. Xopods came along at some point and picked at it, too. And there were disagreements about what it could mean for scumhunting. But the thread had moved on from it and there wasn't anything I really cared to add to what was discussed. If y'all are able to get reads from all of that, great, but I can't. If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Xo coming at Somber a bit and then going "Well I had to double check my role PM" was strange but it didn't give me scum vibes.

*Birb did some weird posts that I didn't like on a personal level but didn't read as scummy. The quoted post below I originally had in here as "this is weird" but in consideration of the miller-variant thing I think makes sense.

hi did you make me town by glomping?

*Gamer gave us this confusing statement that confounds scholars and priests alike to this day

Gamerofthegame posted:

can we have words for how soda asked for flavor

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That said, re-reading now cheese sandwich jumped out to me because of these posts:

cheese sandwich posted:

I am also not very funny

I’m finding these flavour arguments are kind of pinging me though, D1 has just started and people are fishing for flavour and soft claims already. It feels kind of awkward and artificial

Cheese makes this post saying things are pinging him and that it feels awkward and artificial about a topic that spanned a decent number of posts. They never follow up on it. It's something that looks like scumhunting because it has the right words in it, but it's empty. A good post for scum to blend in with. I hate to bring this stuff back up, but Cheese, can you name names? Who was pinging you, what felt artificial?

cheese sandwich posted:

The votes on you for this feel easy and I don't think it means scum necessarily but what are you really expecting him to "go to work casing" currently?

cheese sandwich posted:

This is where I also am wrt hawke. I would like to see the people voting him show some substance re whether he's actually scum or why vote him if he just posted a stupid thing

The other part was about the two votes on Hawke. It's not like there were six votes or some big number, talking about two votes like this feels fake to me. Just call merk and Somber by name when it's that few. Additionally, the first post on the matter is hedging. Calling the votes easy implies to me that they are scummy, but cheese makes sure to say "I don't think it means scum necessarily".

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

Ehhh, ive been better. In a very awkward spot in life. We'll see.

I am sorry to hear that! I hope things turn around for you soon

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

xopods posted:

Mine too. That's why my vote was going to be...

##vote PinterestMom

Since she's been around enough that it's not apathy lurking. And she's been pushing small amounts of shade here and there but not in a sufficiently aggressive way that she's likely to be held accountable for any of it later. Last three posts for instance:

This feels more like testing the waters around Toal and Somber. Last one is closest she's come to casing or voting for Somber and it was only when pressed by Atomic Soda to explain the one before that.

What do you think, hopefully Town-friend yuming? (And others, of course)

PMom is he/him, but otherwise I agree with this post

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning

##vote spoonsy

Hi soda, why spoonsy?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Someone came to help me read the thread

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ixtlilton posted:

is catte thread now. How ya doin slord?

Hi ixt! I've not had the best weekend. Stressing about grades since term has ended and my wife and I had a decent sized fight because she keeps going to stay with SIL a few hours away and I think that's super irresponsible given the state of the world right now. So of course I can't sleep! How are you?

Great cat btw

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

that's it
enough of this
anti-town pestering of other people.

Its time to face the music Soda. ##vote soad

friend toal, you forgot to unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

That wasn't a trick question really, there have been a few people jumping in and saying they don't get bad vibes from me without an obvious reasoning. I understand why jonathan fisk, who is my friend, did, but the others :shrug:

Do you think one of those others is scum?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

oh hey ixt, can you explain why here?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote
##vote cheese sandwich

Previous case about empty scumhunting plus these two

cheese sandwich posted:

This looks like awkward distancing, do not like

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m down with this

These are consecutive posts in cheese sandwich's post history separated by about 5 hours of real time. The former, calling Hawke out for awkward distancing, is the closest thing to a scum read that cheese has made. Their very next post is saying they want to go with something Hawke is saying. There were only 11 posts made in the thread between those two so not like a giant amount of new content to take in. Hawke's only post was the one he quoted and cheese has made a big swing. It reads to me that cheese is faking their opinion about Hawke. Combined with the appearance of scumhunting from before, this is what I want to do.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oof, just took a nice sized piece of hail to the foot, that's gonna leave a bruise.

cheese sandwich posted:

Not scum, just giving out feelings as I have them & forcing myself to post in a game that is moving slowly & awkwardly to keep myself engaged.

Thank you for noticing me though :)

What are you expecting as a followup? It was a really stupid flavour discussion that mostly ended. I wasn't that invested tbh, if I thought it went somewhere I probably would have posted more about it. I like to post candid thoughts partially so that I have notes later for myself

What I'm expecting is: Who do you think is scum?

In the second thing you quoted, I was talking about this post of yours

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m finding these flavour arguments are kind of pinging me though, D1 has just started and people are fishing for flavour and soft claims already. It feels kind of awkward and artificial

You said things were pinging you, so you're seeing things that are scummy, but you didn't say who you were talking about. You were calling posts awkward and artificial, meaning you think they're scummy, but you didn't say which posts. It looks vaguely like scumhunting because you say you think someone did something scummy, but who and what?

From your post history, the closest thing you have to calling someone scum or that someone is doing scummy behavior is the post on Hawke:

cheese sandwich posted:

This looks like awkward distancing, do not like

Outside of that, you've talked about Hawke, agreeing with xopods saying the only read is that they're behaving weirdly, and you saying you mostly like Mona before following it up immediately in the next post and saying mona is a neutral read for you instead. As far as I can tell, those are the only opinions you have put on players.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

merk posted:

##vote sandnavyguy - over-explaining early game votes is scum.

merk you forgot to do the thing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh also, nice cat and dog, soda and hawke.

Re: Spoonsy, just seems like a lurker case, doesn't really jump out to me. Like, Soda, you're right, could be scum coasting, but a four day D1 over a weekend can have that lower participation, gosh knows I wasn't around most of the weekend myself. They've posted already today so we'll see what comes from that.

re: sandnavyguy, I can see what xopods and Token Female are saying, and I'll keep that in mind for later, but strikes me as first game awkwardness rather than scum play

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Between getting new laptop fully set up and tracking the severe weather I blanked on this. Here now and will be through deadline, gonna catch up now

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

cheese sandwich posted:

I left all day because it's Monday and I have a job :\ I still have work to finish but I'll be around until deadline and I want to catch up on this first before I go back to it.

As far as I'm aware this is the case on me from chaos (1 2 3) and this was my response here that I still stand by. If I thought someone was scum I would've called them scum, if I have other feelings I'm just going to post them especially when I'm still trying to feel things out and trying to make sure I'm contributing. Don't put words in my mouth that I'm calling something scummy if I don't say so because I would.

I don't really find anything else that chaos has posted re me worth responding to again because to me it just looks like a bunch of mafia dadding telling me how I should be scumhunting and misrepresenting the posts I have made.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying your use of "pinging me" and "awkward and artificial" do not imply the activity is scummy?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

cheese sandwich posted:

I don't really see value in repeating myself for whatever gotcha you have in mind

It's not a gotcha. I am trying to make sure I read that correctly because I don't know that I've ever seen a mafia player to say "This is pinging me" or "This conversation feels artificial" without the implication behind it. Like, those are the words for saying things are scummy.

If that's really true, I will need to rethink about you, but I'm just having a hard time understanding that that is right because to me, what else could pinging mean? I just don't understand it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't have much of a preference between Spoonsy or Ixt, gun to my head probably Spoonsy. Think Mona might be on to something about them taking afront to having 3 votes in a big game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

cheese sandwich posted:

P sure I already told you I was throwing out reads as I saw them so I could refer back later. If I'm going to call someone scum I'd rather make sure I have context and/or something to back it up, if I threw out that I thought something was awkward or fake w/o a hard assertion it's probably something I might want to refer back to later.

I also feel like I don't have meta on anyone anymore and it's probably making me a little more tentative than I feel like I would be otherwise.

I guess we are just speaking two different mafia languages. If you're saying you're making reads, as you did above, to me, that means you are thinking if things are scummy or not. Which would mean that if you're saying "this is pinging me", it's something that jumps out to you as scummy. But you said that when you say something is pinging you that doesn't mean you find it scummy. I can't wrap my head around that, but if that's how you play, that's how you play. But, either way, deadlines just about here.

##unvote
##vote spoonsy

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gamerofthegame posted:

why does the scum/thirds just go for lurkers d1 everytime

smh cowards

:thunk:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

drat this is a scummy post. I was commenting on the loss of two town players at night in addition to the mislunch. And I said I wouldn’t vote spoonsy because I read him as town. I do regret ending the day on no lunch and not being around near deadline. That’s my bad. But you are acting like it was my responsibility to suggest someone else to lunch. Even if I had done that, I still wouldn’t have known spoonsy’s flip. Somber is at the top my my scum list for that manufactured outrage post. In the mean time, I’m going to look at the spoonsy votes and find the scummiest ones

Manufactured outrage?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ixtlilton posted:

I invite you to read the d1s of my last two games if you think me not really hunting for scum d1 is a scumtell.

I don't really think yuming is scum for trying to turbo me but not sure about the other dude.

Your vote from yesterday looks like a joke vote on binus that you then said you still felt fine about when asked. You didn't answer me when I asked why you felt that way D1, how do you feel about him now?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

emerald found in cheeses room...it stinks. sk maybe. birb seems obv if so maybe to much so

yuming case is meta but feels possible, be good to see some more from her

gamer feeling a little better but that first d2 post was bad. also didn't really believe the case on pmom sand and somber drawing up scum teams like that feels weird

Agree with bottom two bits of this post. Can you speak to the first one a bit?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Between home internet issues and more family issues, I just don’t have the energy to catch up and phone post tonight. Apologies. I’ll be around most of the day tomorrow.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, done with work :toot: Checked votefinder, only five votes? That’s weird.

##vote ixt

Of the three, I think ixt is most likely to be scum. I haven’t read much of the day, maybe he has been participating more, but his in and out without much in the way of reads is what I remember. I also don’t think he answered me about his binus joke vote turned real vote d1? Maybe he did, I’ll check when I have some more time. Lord knows I’ve been in and out, too, so call it a pot/kettle situation, but there’s just something about it. On a soccer referee forum I frequent, we might call it, and I’m gonna butcher the spelling of this, fingerspitzengful. I just feel it. My Quid-dar has clearly broken as of late, maybe I’ve got Ixt-dar now.

I think the meta case on yuming is one of the stronger meta cases that I’ve seen, if true, and iirc Pmom(?) quoted xo bringing it up in another game, too, so it makes it read true. That’s said, it’s hard for me to get excited to jump behind that. Think it’s ok to let this go on and see how it develops, thread is getting longer so presumably will be more for her to work with.

Just lol if anyone would expect me to vote birb.

Wife is home now so we need to do dinner and then have a talk, hope to be back 7, 730. If someone could summarize things I’ve missed that would be great.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MisterJed posted:

Atomic soda accidentally killed herself, and best of luck in the conversation with your wife.

lmao, ecco game strikes again

It did not go great but hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

yuming posted:

##vote Hawke

yuming can you give a quick hit on your case for birb? I am sure I will come across it when I get caught up but dont know if it'll be together in one place or if this is a culmination of things type vote