Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I am vanilla town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I'm a foreigner so people think I'm weird. It's incisive commentary.

that's the kind of jejune thematic content i expect from ecco games!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

It felt weird when AS asked for my flavor, like she was trying to force some kind of meaningful reaction.

To me, at least, a Miller claim doesn't invite much speculation. Would you agree? It's been a while since I played with one, but it was usually a non-event in the past, or else invoked the same 1-2 pages of arguing about Miller claims. Why would my flavor inform your opinion? I could be scum and a foreigner, I didn't even say where I was from.

Which, to that point, I noticed that AS kept mentioning the scum team name. Obviously AS could just be more observant than me, I probably do too many drugs, but I had to go back and re-read the flavor to get that Ducat were scum.

##vote atomic soda

I don't think asking for flavour is weird in eccogames

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Can you expand on that thought, especially within the context of what differentiates flavor within an eccogame? Does my Miller status change anything within the context of soda asking for flavor? Would you have asked for flavor?

eccogames have a particular genre-flavour to them that i, personally, wouldn't be great at making up on the spot to match a false claim

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Easy on the breadcrumbing there

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

Somber, the foreigner is a recurring character in ecco games. You're basically confirmed town at this point, and scum would be a fool not to night kill you tonight.

wow bad post

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Can you vocalize what's bad that post? I thought my friend Toalpaz was just being silly.

deliberately introducing wifom, even jokingly (haha unless...?) is not pro-town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somber reads more to me like he's being ~confrontational~ than actually casing

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

just to clarify you think he is being scummy bc he is not actually casing?

i read it as being fixated a bit and not much else going on. worried im anti omgusing tho is that a thing it probably is

somber, do you still think i'm scummy?

I think picking fights by nitpicking is scummy, sure

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

xopods posted:

Mine too. That's why my vote was going to be...

##vote PinterestMom

Since she's been around enough that it's not apathy lurking. And she's been pushing small amounts of shade here and there but not in a sufficiently aggressive way that she's likely to be held accountable for any of it later. Last three posts for instance:

This feels more like testing the waters around Toal and Somber. Last one is closest she's come to casing or voting for Somber and it was only when pressed by Atomic Soda to explain the one before that.

What do you think, hopefully Town-friend yuming? (And others, of course)

you forgot to unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Thank you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

smh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also what recent games

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I really don't like toal's posting, which is continuing to straddle the line of is this/isn't this a joke

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You can try to add pressure but I'm not gonna crack

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sandnavyguy posted:

We still have a ways to go before night and Pmom May very well be town too, but if a network of people suddenly jumped to their defense with weak arguments that would at least be something for me to get a bead on. Everything else is too vague or barebones for a confident read, by me at least.

Is this a hypothetical or are you saying it has happened

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sandnavyguy posted:

Hypothetical, no one really did. I’m assuming it’s a lost lure if I keep the fishing metaphor.

That wasn't a trick question really, there have been a few people jumping in and saying they don't get bad vibes from me without an obvious reasoning. I understand why jonathan fisk, who is my friend, did, but the others :shrug:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

do you have anyone specific in mind

i was thinking you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you what

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the lie is the thing about playing in a game together?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Monathin posted:

Oh, the game history? Yeah that's valid.

am i going nuts

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I wanna ##vote somber

Here is the case: his posting has been encouraging apathy and inertia, and implicitly setting a tone of "it's impossible to know things so might as well dunk for bad reasons"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

i don't agree

he's like one of the most active ppl in the thread

please give examples of last bit ty

Here is the entirety of Somber's commentary on Spoonsy, the person he is voting for right now

Somberbrero posted:

I find it pretty unconvincing. I've already caught Spoonsy in a lie so I think he should be the vote today.

Somberbrero posted:

I caught Spoonsy in a lie.

Somberbrero posted:

Lunch all liars

Somberbrero posted:

💙

I was joking, it was just that we had played together before. Pin and Spoonsy but especially Spoonsy reacted in a way that I think is pretty scumbly though so I'm good with my Spoonsy vote.

Spoonsy Spoonsy Spoonsy.

Of course, you could have found that out trivially by clicking on the little "?" next to his posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

he's made more comments than that. here are some more

in response to me casing spoonsy

also this

i disagree he causing apathy and inertia he given me posts to bounce off for example

"I'm feeling conflicted" isn't really a comment.

I did deliberately leave out the post where he votes because nothing in that post is about Spoonsy. He says that he likes that you are casing and focusing on Spoonsy, because he feels that's alignment indicative about you, and then votes Spoonsy. He doesn't express an opinion about Spoonsy in that post! He only decides that Spoonsy is a good vote several posts later, in response to events that happened after Somber's initial vote.

quote:

you seem very confident spoonsy is town
I'm not.

Atomic Soda posted:

maybe. tomorrow i reckon it will be clearer

thankyou for the advice : )
Any time 🙂

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fine i'll develop an opinion

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm not feeling the spoonsy case

would be happy with somber or toal (toal has been like, around, but not engaging - they've been doing a lot of meta-discussion about mafia for not about the game, and that reads fake to me)

moat i think is also there in terms of not real content

i like toke/hawke's yuming case fine

don't feel either way about sandwich

chaoslord posted:

Do you think one of those others is scum?
not in particular but i mean probably one of them is

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sure
##unvote
##vote ixt

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Maybe you shouldn't draw connections between unflipped players :angel:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

xopods posted:

Ehhh, I think this nugget of conventional wisdom is a gross oversimplification... it's good advice to newbies to avoid them falling into certain common cognitive traps, but it's ridiculous if you take it to mean that you should never consider what certain interactions might imply if someone did flip a certain way.

If a bunch of people I think are all kinda scummy all seem to want something similar (in this case, not lunching Spoonsy), it makes me more inclined to do that thing. Doesn't mean a Spoonsy scum flip makes everyone on that list scum. It'd just make those people individually more likely to be Scum. I think about this game probabilistically.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Maybe you shouldn't draw connections between unflipped players :angel:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Jonathan Fisk, Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltwork Co. (town-aligned mason), was stabbed to death night 1. :s:

:s: cheese sandwich, Citizen, The Mason's Guild (town-aligned vanilla), was burned to a crisp night 1. :s:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think Somber looks worse than ever w the spoonsy town flip~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

why somber?

hello! hope you no longer feeling blue : )

Yesterday, I thought his vote on Spoonsy was fake and opportunistic.

Today, I think his vote on Spoonsy was fake and opportunistic, and Spoonsy flipped town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We were, and I regret that he's not alive to confirm this, confirmed town masons

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, at least that’s something we can build from as a baseline. Did Fisk have any thoughts we can use? Anything you two are seeing?

We did not talk about the game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He had finals.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

i feel there's a pretty good chance cuz it's f u n that it wasn't confirmed town and the death message does imply betrayal. . .

but that's a flavor argument.

oh i didn't even look at death flavour

cheese got killed by an sk right

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

together, somb, pmon and sand feel like a scum groupie to me.

cool

vote somber with me :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i realise now that i was not actually voting somber yet
##vote somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

either this is true or someone set in a catch phrase in scumchat