Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Define fillers. There has been research showing that all meat diets for cats/dogs can cause heart problems long term. Different "fillers" have effects on said cats digestion, my cat stops having a filthy butt when I got her a food with brown rice meal.

Depending on you cats age and activity level, it may need to eat more or less. This will effect their weight. Weigh the cat and feed them the full ration, and track their weight for a month or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
So my cat seems to have a sensitive stomach. Shes been on Blue Buffalo food since may and so far shes been doing well, even though her poops dont seem to be ideal in that they seem a littel dried out aka constipated.
2 weeks ago she just stopped eating the BB, she would maybe eat 1/3or a 1/2 of what her usual intake would be, she acted fine regardless. After 4 days of this I switched to her old food, which she devours energetically. However it gives her a dirty butt, not diarrhea but its enough that I spot check her butt before bed because its just a dirty rear end in a top hat. Its Core Wellness brand, and as far as I can tell the only real difference between that and her BB is that it is grain free.

SO basically shes on a food she enjoys, keeps her healthy, but gives her a dirty butt. Is there anything to be gleaned from this, that she loves grain free food but it gives her a crusty butt? Is there any logic to rotating foods until I find one she 1) likes 2) gives her a clean butt?