Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gatoh Move seem to have decided to singlehandedly replace all other broadcast video. They're giving us matches, watchalongs, hangouts where we drink beer, makeup and hair routines...

Also Baliyan Akki is cool as gently caress.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chris Brookes is a vaguely misanthropic human who got dragged into a world of wrestling hobbits.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Watching the Last Man Standing now.

I think my only issue with Choco Pro (and it's neither a major one nor simply solvable) is that the format can be a bit of a barrier to entry for new viewers. If you're already on board, then Akki giving a fifteen minute bilingual intro is charming and part of what you're there for. If you're not, it can be a little impenetrable at first. I could see people going "okay... what am I watching?"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Fun ChocoPro this morning. Akki is dressed as Brian May. Hopefully he'll avoid the bizarre gardening accident

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1258656804143276032?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Gatoh Move eventually becomes AEW Japan. Meanwhile PAC starts a fight club in his cellar that becomes AEW UK.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pro Wrestling EVE just put up a Mei / Lulupencil match with Akki as ref and it absolutely loving slaps. https://youtu.be/dseG3SYnevI

(it's from the SHE-1 in November 2019)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Obviously I want Emi to be able to do anything she wants, and one of the things I'd love to see her do is to bring a Gatoh Move faction to AEW. Have backstage segments where they warm up before matches, have Akki come along as their special ref, give everyone the chance to see why they're so special.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Catching up on Choco Pro. Akki throwing Mei at Lulupencil, entirely missing, and Mei looking at him like "what the gently caress was that?" was awesome.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Neodoomium posted:

Lulu tapping out to her own neck bridge while having Best Bros in a double indian death lock is the spot of the year

especially as Emi had to lift her out of it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So my current favourite Gatoh Move wrestler, and this shifts week by week, is Tokiko Kirihara. For someone who started wrestling in her forties and has only been wrestling since last year, she is super skillful and has tremendous ring presence. It also helps, in a company where half the women wrestlers are under five feet tall, to have a Tall Girl for Mei to fail to lift.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

That was just such good fun. Turns out that wrestling is great.

EDIT: Lulupencil just bumped off rock-paper-scissors. This is amazing.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 5, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

J-Ro posted:

Tragedy in the world of Gatoh Move...

https://twitter.com/KiraRi_1104/status/1281839335583518720

... Tokiko lost her air-con remote, might've thrown it away with the trash.

rip in peace aircon remote

u are wiv da angels now

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

GON confirmed as greatest villain in pro wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

Lulu Pencil for WON Bryan Danielson Award this year imho

she is god-tier at what she does.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

The worst-kept secret of Gatoh Move is that Akki has the nicest hair of the whole crew

It's pretty like a pony.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

THis is an amazing interview. Really lets you know who Akki is, but also lets you know why Choco Pro is so special.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

God, Chris Brookes is such a great dickhead. He really grasps the "bully" role in Choco Pro perfectly.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Neodoomium posted:

You all need to stop what you're doing and watch this Falls Count Anywhere match between Mei and Aniki

That was amazing. So much fun.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I loved the table spot, super innovative pin attempt.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Akki cooking chicken masala for Mei and Emi is the most wholesome stuff imaginable.

Akki fries his spices, he knows what's up.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Awesome, will check them out.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The universe extends further. https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/1432113204210110468?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Can't wait for two years from now when ChocoPro USA is embroiled in a lawsuit against ChocoPro Japan

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Hmm. Has Lulu Pencil ever crossed paths with Mei St Michel?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I urgently need Emi and Lulu to get an American to explain to them how their apartment works. On camera.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

I thought like Nak or Shida would have been able to since they’ve been in the states longer.

maybe they just find it really funny?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Well deserved.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

OK.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

BEST BROS
MEXI-KINGS

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chris Brookes is a great bunch of lads.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

"there is no upper limit to desire" is a real "you cannot kill me in any way that matters" of a statement.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Mei has the advantage that she's good at self promotion, does language neutral character comedy, and is good enough in the ring that her stuff speaks for itself. A few tags as Emi's protégé, a few Lulu interactions, and the Killer Queens are ready for prime time.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He's pinning Reigns.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

fez_machine posted:

The fact that he's coming without any pre-existing bookings tells me this is AEW related (wrestling working visas are hard to get without a promotion backing you (and even then) as all Chocomaniacs know).

Two reasons AEW might be interested in Akki:

1. They've got long term plans for Indian expansion and Akki is probably a good hand to feature in that capacity. Native born, an actual wrestler and has connections with the pro-wrestling scene over there, and speaks English and Japanese fluently or near fluently. Not the star but could draw representation eyes like mid-card westerners in Japanese promotions. Certainly he can work more matches than Satnam Singh. So a few Dark try outs and maybe something more later whenever the AEW Indian plans really get going.

As well as wrestling, Akki has proven his chops as a commentator and presenter. You could easily use him to do additional backstage interviews and live translation too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ChocoPro UK?

ChocoPro UK. https://youtu.be/zGKiQsxTvW8

Only registered members can see post attachments!