Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I am somewhat curious what they do with like Valeera, who has *nothing* to her character. But yeah, I was also baffled by the decision to not only play Jaina's story completely straight, but to highlight the period of Jaina's characterization that very few people seemed to like.

That's actually why I bought the new Jaina skin because I prefer the older version of her character, but they just whiffed so god drat hard on it that it's embarrassing to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Yeah the whole "I've learned to be an unforgiving warmonger seemed weird".

Maybe future characters advance the story from that point?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Regular. Wild it might make some sense.

my guess is it's some sort of midrange soul fragment version

very little point running the quest if a) you're using soul fragments and b) there isn't enough support for a Big Warlock deck

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Semper Fudge posted:

I won't be surprised if the next Book of Heroes is delayed and retooled because people seem to hate it across the board.

Blizzard should've advertised it for what it is, a tutorial mode for brand new players, instead of advertising it as a single player experience comparable to previous efforts.

I just think it's weird how they didn't include a hard mode this time. The normal battles in other similar expansions were typically about as easy as this but nobody complained because hard mode was there to offer a good challenge.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
previous SP content had replayability even on normal mode where you could try them with different gimmicks/decks

this one was a one-and-done with a single pack for a reward which means it's basically a Tavern Brawl with a pretentious name

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Has micro mummy been announced for battlegrounds? I haven't seen him in the tavern but I held a shifter zerus way longer than I should have and he turned up more than once.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Has micro mummy been announced for battlegrounds? I haven't seen him in the tavern but I held a shifter zerus way longer than I should have and he turned up more than once.

it replaced mech-a-roo in the last patch

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

yikes! posted:

it replaced mech-a-roo in the last patch

until it was discovered that the golden version crashes the game, so they "removed" it, tried fixing it, didn't work and removed it again. But it still drops from Zerus and Piloted Shredder

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I just ran into a Totem Shaman mirror match. My heart can't take this, I'm done with HS for the day. It was a happy ending tho :3:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

until it was discovered that the golden version crashes the game, so they "removed" it, tried fixing it, didn't work and removed it again. But it still drops from Zerus and Piloted Shredder

lmao I missed that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Well now I'm just throwing games trying to get that to happen thank you for this information that isn't anywhere in the mobile game client lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I don't know why Blizzard decided to play the characters completely straight this year. Maybe they thought the Dragon story was too silly? Even something like how they handled Medivh in ONiK would be way more palatable.

God I hope that isn't the reason. Last year's goofy arc was super fun. If you're going to go serious, nail the flavor like Lich King and Whispers.

This new single player stuff really only makes sense as a tutorial if they're going like this. But I never played WoW so even the lore stuff sucks?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Could've been worse, they could've written the whole thing in rhymes!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

God I hope that isn't the reason. Last year's goofy arc was super fun. If you're going to go serious, nail the flavor like Lich King and Whispers.

This new single player stuff really only makes sense as a tutorial if they're going like this. But I never played WoW so even the lore stuff sucks?

I played WoW and the lore stuff really loving sucks, can confirm

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Warcraft lore is some of the most frustrating poo poo ever. I don't play WoW but by virtue of playing a ton of Hearthstone I occasionally look things up on the fan wiki. It's just a long string of characters making completely nonsensical, inconsistent decisions for the purpose of generating conflict and driving the plot forward. The new Jaina campaign is a perfect example of this.

"Oh hey Thrall, sure I'll help you defeat Grommash, this one specific orc who is doing bad things. This shows that we can work together!"

a few years later

"Oh hey Thrall, I'm going to kill you and all of the other orcs, and also the rest of the horde I guess, because Garrosh is doing bad things. This shows that we can never work together."

It's literally the same situation happening twice, but the writers decided Jaina must suddenly become a nazi.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The writing has been particularly terrible the past few years, especially Battle for Azeroth.

They done did N'zoth dirty.

Has there been any confirmation of a SA story? I don't have high hopes after what this year has offered but wow if Book of Heroes is what they're leaving us with.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 19, 2020

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
WoW occasionally can do a nice self-contained story, I really enjoyed Suramar as a whole, but the overarcing narrative is so inconsistent, juvenile, and embarrassing.

I don't understand *why* it has to be like this.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So not only was the League vs. EVIL fun saturday morning cartoon stuff, it was legit just better than the source material. I'm really happy with the meta at the moment, but 2020 has just been... lame in both flavor and single player. Their new class was a hero too grimdark cool to say "hi" or at least something kind of entertaining in its place

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Hey what current thiefy or ridiculous card generation decks are ok on ladder atm? I’m talking mainly rogue priest or mage.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Cyclone Mage is just Created By: The Deck so that's probably what you're looking for

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Broke: getting my Druid from 450 to 500 wins in Hearthstone

Woke: getting my Mage from 800 to 1000 wins

Bespoke: getting my Warrior from level 58 to 60

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

teacup posted:

Hey what current thiefy or ridiculous card generation decks are ok on ladder atm? I’m talking mainly rogue priest or mage.

VS's control priest list is heavy on the yoinking of opponent cards and it is still a decent deck to ladder with.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

So not only was the League vs. EVIL fun saturday morning cartoon stuff, it was legit just better than the source material. I'm really happy with the meta at the moment, but 2020 has just been... lame in both flavor and single player. Their new class was a hero too grimdark cool to say "hi" or at least something kind of entertaining in its place

it gets a little less stupid if you purposefully parse all of illidan's voice lines as coming from drilidan

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/drilidan/status/1066600746706030593?s=21

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

teacup posted:

Rode this to Legend last week at a 61% win rate. It's my favorite priest deck since the deathrattle era, super evil.

### yoink priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Cleric of Scales
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 1x (3) Mindflayer Kaahrj
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 2x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Murozond the Infinite
#
AAECAa0GBIWtA46xA8i+A8jAAw2QAvYHsJED2qwDgbEDmLYDk7oDr7oD3swDy80D184D49ED/tEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

teacup posted:

I hit legend today with the dragon version of Created By Mage:

### Small Spell Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Breath
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Lab Partner
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 1x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Chenvaala
# 1x (4) Conjurer's Calling
# 2x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (5) Ras Frostwhisper
# 2x (8) Mana Giant
#
AAECAf0ECIOWA/isA/usA8W4A427A9DOA6TRA9nRAwvmBJ+bA+KbA/+dA/qsA/2sA4GxA4XNA83OA/fRA/7RAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's a fun deck with quite a few different ways of playing it.

Weirdly I ended up with about 50% winrate on my phone but over 75% on my tablet. Pretty huge difference with a few possible factors, time of day, how much attention I'm paying and also I guess how quickly I can read all the random cards I just generated.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/drilidan/status/1070699614062338048?s=19

ok I'm sold

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What deck counters mountseller druid?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Amoeba102 posted:

Warrior and priest can generally deal with the boards that version of Guardian Druid can build and the low impact cards it runs to fuel mountseller make it worse than other versions of the deck in the matchup as it runs out of steam easily.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Cheers. I'll try those. I need to update my decks and I'll see.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

You know what I hate? Turtle mage. You know what I love? Using Mindrender to shut them out of the game

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Specifically Bomb Warrior, as the Risky Skipper decks get eaten alive by the rushy beasts.

Any Priest does fine, and you can also play Face Hunter with the 2x Freezing Trap + 2x Pressure Plate package.

Finally Secret Miracle Rogue is favored, if you have good Created By luck.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Just did the solo stuff today, I legit enjoyed it.

There were some things that were a bit strange. Like Antonidas never believed Medivh, so why would he have sent Jaina to evacuate the people to Kalimdor? Also, I'm pretty sure that Kalec wasn't in Theramore when it was bombed.

Closing it out with arguably the darkest chapter of Jaina's own character arc, the purging of Dalaran, is kinda weird. I would have liked one last chapter from her, with both her badass new model, and her recognizing that being a warmonger is perhaps not perfect.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it quite a bit. The music between chapters just hits me in the feels, I can practically hear Katherine say "Forgive me, my daughter", and see the dream sequence with Jaina before my eyes. Jaina's hero power getting stronger was cool, and I legit lost to Kael'thas the first time around. It was a solid hour of content that I got for free, and I'm really looking forward to what they will do with the other characters. Will we see things from Garrosh's perspective? The paladin story will 100% be Arthas, I'm excited. If I get around 9 hours of entertainment from the free story mode, I will be happy. Especially since I didn't bother to replay the dungeon run clones.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Specifically Bomb Warrior, as the Risky Skipper decks get eaten alive by the rushy beasts.

Any Priest does fine, and you can also play Face Hunter with the 2x Freezing Trap + 2x Pressure Plate package.

Finally Secret Miracle Rogue is favored, if you have good Created By luck.

Okay Bomb warrior felt good against this "Every druid I've played for the last month" deck. I played subpar but easily turned the game around even though I misplayed badly one turn (when my laptop turned off due to low battery, among other things i did poorly).

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Someone get Liam O'Brien to read one of these :allears:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
ahaha just had an amazing final battle in battlegrounds. I'm dragons with Nadina, my sole remaining opponent is beasts with golden Macaw, golden Goldrinn, golden Rivendare, two hydras. First fight is a draw. Before the next fight he techs in an Unstable Ghoul, but doesn't think it through or position correctly, so the Macaw triggers the ghoul and wipes his entire board except Rivendare

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Which is easier - to craft Kingsbane and aim for Legend in Wild or Shadowjeweler Hanar and do it in Standard? I've got like 29/30 cards for either deck.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Kingsbane rogue is definitely on the rise again, and it's a nasty deck. Ideally craft both though, Hanar will be a wild staple.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Totem deck is fun. I rocketed up to Diamond 5 with like 75% win rate.

Once I hit D5 though I started running into try hards with top decks. And yeah, Shaman totem is clearly weaker than a bunch of the top tier decks.

Still, really fun deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Cheers!

Anyone interested in clearing 80g by playing a game with me?