Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Spell Druid update version 25: Due to the current meta where there's a mix of crazy people are still jamming aggro Demon Hunter, luckboxing with Rogue, and drawing perfect board clears with priest, I've had to switch to an Aeroponics build, which is inspired by SilverName's performance with it last weekend:

### Spell Treant
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Crystal Power
# 2x (2) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (2) Ironbark
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (3) Bogbeam
# 1x (3) Savage Roar
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (5) Aeroponics
# 2x (5) Anubisath Defender
# 2x (5) Force of Nature
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
# 1x (5) Starfall
# 1x (7) Kael'thas Sunstrider
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 1x (8) Gift of the Wild
# 1x (8) The Forest's Aid
#
AAECAZICBlb9AuYF05wDsawDrroDDP4B7QP3A7mUA++iA9ulA/ytA+W6A+i6A+y6A+66A++6AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Starfall is back until Hunters/DHs stop playing Felwing.

edit: Also the Bad Luck Albatross nerf made Exotic Mountseller worse by just enough to shy away from it, so back to Treants.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Has anyone made a dh deck other than tempo and OTK work?

I want to use the cool big cards and be the timmy I was born to be. :saddowns:

OTK doesn't work anymore (and is also a very Johnny deck).

There is a control token pew pew list out there, which I saw some of yesterday, but it looked bad.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There’s always Odd DH in Wild! :v:

Okay, yeah, that’s also a pretty tempo deck, too. But DH is pretty much locked in to being an Aggro class, since most of their control package is pretty subpar right now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Yoked posted:

Can someone post a good Murloc paladin list? I was enjoying Pure/Libram for a while but it doesn’t feel so great now.

I immediately like vS's list more, but I did like the Toxfins in the meta version. Righteous Cause is a funny card.

### vS Murloc
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Fishflinger
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 1x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 2x (3) Skydiving Instructor
# 2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Felfin Navigator
# 2x (5) Scalelord
#
AAECAZ8FAtAH/LgDDsUD2wOvB6cIlaYDr6cDyqsDjK0DtLYDyLgDybgD9rgD+7gDysEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

edit: yea, I'm only 5 games in, but this feels WAAAY better than the Hog version

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 24, 2020

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Trying to get to Diamond 5 in both league and boy, I forgot how infuriating it is to get someone down to 1 HP twice and then they Reno Jackson to 30.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm running a midrangey DH deck with Felscreamers and Coilfangs; it's working well enough. Turn 5 Priestess or turn 4 Antaen (after coining out Felscreamer on turn 3) can be pretty back-breaking, and Netherweaver/Sightless on 2 can make that happen more often than you'd think. Coilfangs are kind of just splashed in though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
i find it interesting how well murloc paladin is doing considering the top decks kind of lack any mid mana reach.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Regalingualius posted:

Getting in on the ground floor to announce that, after years of sticking almost exclusively to Casual, I finally got over my ladder anxiety this expansion and pushed into Wild Legend just now! :D

Can you post your list? I’ve been stuck between ranks 1 and 3 while running mostly secret mage and odd dh. I heard cubelock is good at beating quest mage so I’d like to finish with that.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

AnacondaHL posted:

I immediately like vS's list more, but I did like the Toxfins in the meta version. Righteous Cause is a funny card.

### vS Murloc
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Fishflinger
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 1x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 2x (3) Skydiving Instructor
# 2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Felfin Navigator
# 2x (5) Scalelord
#
AAECAZ8FAtAH/LgDDsUD2wOvB6cIlaYDr6cDyqsDjK0DtLYDyLgDybgD9rgD+7gDysEDAA==
#

edit: yea, I'm only 5 games in, but this feels WAAAY better than the Hog version

the hoard pillager on the hsreplay list is... i don't like it at all. i'm still not sold on righteous cause but i think it's probably better than hogsteed. kings vs truesilver is the other point of contention, you don't really want to play either i guess. maybe there's something else to put in (never surrender?)

i'm also not convinced murloc paladin is the king. sure it does work against druid and sometimes mage, but priest dh and rogue are at best iffy. backstab, dagger, one drops, lackies just screw you.

the deck is basically hit one drop, two drop, coldlight or lose in most cases i find. not as fun as the old murloc paladin, i miss good 1 drops

Quotey fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 24, 2020

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

I have no idea how you made it to legend but congrats. I’ve lost to all but one DH. And spell Druid seems unfavorable as well.

Fun deck though

here's how: by almost completely dodging demon hunters in my final day

I did concede that a secret-heavy version is definitely better if you're facing a lot of them!!!!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Wow I was just remarking to myself how I hadn’t been offered Millhouse in like 20+ battlegrounds games, and I literally got him just then.

Only to discover they nerfed him.

I mean, it was totally warranted but damnit, you can’t just drop that on someone expecting his free win.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm bored in quarantine and just found Grandmasters on Youtube. Watching this glory guy misplay and get bailed out by RNG every game is pretty cool. Across two separate series against Alutemu. Haven't seen anything like it from a top player from a long time.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jeza posted:

I'm bored in quarantine and just found Grandmasters on Youtube. Watching this glory guy misplay and get bailed out by RNG every game is pretty cool. Across two separate series against Alutemu. Haven't seen anything like it from a top player from a long time.

Nozdormu off Dream Portal is insanely bullshit. I'm stunned GMs are doing it to each other, let alone how it's still in the game.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Furious Lobster posted:

Can you post your list? I’ve been stuck between ranks 1 and 3 while running mostly secret mage and odd dh. I heard cubelock is good at beating quest mage so I’d like to finish with that.

Sure thing!

### Custom Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 1x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 2x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Expired Merchant
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 2x (4) Voidcaller
# 1x (5) Antique Healbot
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 2x (5) Doomguard
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (9) Mal'Ganis
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAEBAfqUAwyKB8IP9Q+IrwLexAKX0wLb6QKc+AKggAP9pAPrrAPEuQMJ9wTcBo4O58sC8tAC+NACi+EC6OcCnakDAA==
#

Usual advice is to mulligan hard for Skull or Voidcaller. If it looks like an aggro class like Odd DH or Pirate Warrior, lean into board clears, and if you think it’s a Quest Mage, also try to mulligan for Sense Demons. And feel free to change the tech cards to whatever you’re running into; I honestly barely got much use out of the Ooze.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

i don’t like fishflinger in murloc paladin, mainly i don’t like giving the opponent any cards. it’s screwed me over too many times. the quest is hilarious tho especially with inprisoned sungill

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
nothing like giving your highlander opponent a finley

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

a fatguy baldspot posted:

i don’t like fishflinger in murloc paladin, mainly i don’t like giving the opponent any cards. it’s screwed me over too many times. the quest is hilarious tho especially with inprisoned sungill

This mindset is understandable, but you've got to get over it. Your deck is designed to make the most out of the card while giving the opponent something typically useless to them.

Also, if you've never experienced the sweetness of disrupting the opponent's non-obvious Outcast setup, you haven't seen the best of the card.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks for your deck Peer, made it to legend for the first time. I didn't keep track of W/L but generally this is what I saw:
Rogues: Easy although I did lose a couple to very good starts from them.
Priests: Rez priest is hard, I barely won one and lost another handily. Galakrond was about 50/50 depending on draws.
Mage: Mostly easy, but I lost one because he got incredible RNG. Flare was great against both mages and rogues.
DH: Saw a bunch and won most of them. Aggro is the harder match but if you draw well it is very beatable.
Totem shaman: Only shaman I saw, he got the dream start and I couldn't do anything before he had four 3/5 searing totems on turn 4.
Spell druid: Was my final boss and the only one I saw. I won but I think it might have been mostly good luck on my part.
No paladins, warlocks or warriors all the way from diamond 5 to legened.

Now I can finally go back to play my bad janky decks and never go for legend again.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Snazzy Frocks posted:

nothing like giving your highlander opponent a finley

It's hard but as mentioned you have to get past confirmation bias. The chance of the card giving your opponent a useful card is way low. Sure it happens, but most of the time you give your opponent something useless and get something yourself. Keep in mind that the deck doesn't have a lot (any? can't remember) card draw so any cards that you can pick up early are a real bonus.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It uses Hand of A'dal, doesn't it?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Chernabog posted:

Thanks for your deck Peer, made it to legend for the first time. I didn't keep track of W/L but generally this is what I saw:
Rogues: Easy although I did lose a couple to very good starts from them.
Priests: Rez priest is hard, I barely won one and lost another handily. Galakrond was about 50/50 depending on draws.
Mage: Mostly easy, but I lost one because he got incredible RNG. Flare was great against both mages and rogues.
DH: Saw a bunch and won most of them. Aggro is the harder match but if you draw well it is very beatable.
Totem shaman: Only shaman I saw, he got the dream start and I couldn't do anything before he had four 3/5 searing totems on turn 4.
Spell druid: Was my final boss and the only one I saw. I won but I think it might have been mostly good luck on my part.
No paladins, warlocks or warriors all the way from diamond 5 to legened.

That's so cool, grats! I found that priest was one of my better matchups, though I usually mulliganed for Zephrys to hex their first Convincing Infiltrator. Totem Shaman's explosive starts seemed impossible to beat yeah

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Blasmeister posted:

Not sure if it’s tilt, honour or what but Rogue secrets are really good at making people concede when they play into one and get got.

The rogue secrets are really good because they require your opponent to invest resources that have a high chance of being wasted or no ability to follow up on, like putting down a big minion and having a poison dude jump out.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Who knows, maybe they just had good draws.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
my experience with rogue secrets is that they play bamboozle, it sits there for 5 turns then i attack a taunt which magically disappears and attack their hero to death

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I REALLY wish battlegrounds had a non-ranked mode. I want to try different builds but it feels so bad when I start plummeting in rank just because I want to try something that isn't the first order obvious best thing or a character who isn't tier 1/2.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Dunno if Khadgar is good but he does lead to some pretty funny stuff:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I slam picked double khadgars as afk and somehow managed to turbo level to 6 by turn 10 just picking up tokens, it ruled and now I'm back above 6k it will probably never happen again

Khadgar with soul juggler builds is also extremely dope if not actually good

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I got an early triple kadghar and eked out 3rd place with just a buffed imp mama and golden kadghar as my only 2 minions earlier today

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Cuntellectual posted:

It uses Hand of A'dal, doesn't it?

Yes but that's it. It doesn't use the neutral card draws at all.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Hand of A'dal is a borderline busted card. Problem is it's the only card draw Paladin has that isn't poo poo.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

L0cke17 posted:

I REALLY wish battlegrounds had a non-ranked mode. I want to try different builds but it feels so bad when I start plummeting in rank just because I want to try something that isn't the first order obvious best thing or a character who isn't tier 1/2.

Out of curiosity, what comps are you having trouble with? I know I personally can't do Murlocs or the Khadgar/Brann combo thing for poo poo.

I almost had a Murloc game where I finished top 4 last week, but then two Megasaurs didn't give me either poison or divine shield as an option and I whiffed on a third triple before getting mulched by a divine shield comp.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
On my way to diamond this morning I ran into a rez priest while I playing dragon priest. Thanks to soul mirror and general priest shenanigans we ended up with 40 card decks full of albatrosses and reliquary primes. I had to concede when his mass rez pulled two primes and an albatross and mine pulled a bunch of trash. Wasn't even made because it was a super absurd game.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
When are they going to actually release the Outlands single-player content?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

June iirc.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Demon Hunter Puzzle Lab where the solutions are to completely ignore the board and go face.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

NorgLyle posted:

Demon Hunter Puzzle Lab where the solutions are to completely ignore the board and go face.

Final puzzle - opponent has a bunch of taunt. spoiler- Kayn is in your hand.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Huzzah! posted:

Final puzzle - opponent has a bunch of taunt. spoiler- Kayn is in your hand.
Nah, this is the final puzzle.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I went on a loving tear in BGs today, and I'm pretty happy about it.

BACK

TO BACK

TO BACK

SHIPS

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Power of Pecota posted:

Out of curiosity, what comps are you having trouble with? I know I personally can't do Murlocs or the Khadgar/Brann combo thing for poo poo.

I almost had a Murloc game where I finished top 4 last week, but then two Megasaurs didn't give me either poison or divine shield as an option and I whiffed on a third triple before getting mulched by a divine shield comp.

I've been having real bad luck every time I try to play menagerie and just dying before I can get a triple on 4 or get to 5 to look for lightfang. Also since the patch I can't seem to get demons to work at all. I just die to whoever has beasts WAY too fast. The only consistent things I can do is typically get 3/4 with dragons or beasts with occasional better results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

L0cke17 posted:

I've been having real bad luck every time I try to play menagerie and just dying before I can get a triple on 4 or get to 5 to look for lightfang. Also since the patch I can't seem to get demons to work at all. I just die to whoever has beasts WAY too fast. The only consistent things I can do is typically get 3/4 with dragons or beasts with occasional better results.

My experience has been that unless you have very specific class/unit combos (Deryl/Pyramad/Reno, mostly), the best choice is almost always to take the best stats available to you at each given point until 5 and let your T5 units inform the rest of your build. Stay healthy, keep strong lategame stuff (Bronze Warden, Spawn of Nzoth, Deflect-o-Bot), keep GOOD doubles, but aggressively tavern (on 4/7/10, sooner if you have a bad tavern and can sell a bad unit). Keep strong synergies, but don't focus on "a build" until you see what T5 gives you. Stuff like Bran, Baron, and Lightfang are strong enough to bring up medium units, but if you don't hit them, you are better off having generically good stuff and high health so you can start shopping for T4/5s that will carry you like Goldrin/Razorgore/Hydra/Drakonid.