Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NorgLyle posted:

I had no idea what I was doing in this brawl and threw together a dumb Hunter deck that triggered Tonk four times in one turn for the win. It helps that the person I was playing against also seemingly had no particular plan.

What's going to happen with Tavern Brawls post Core? I doubt that they're going to give Classic packs but there won't be a Core pack to hand out so...

If they were smart they'd give you a 100g reward so you could either bank it or buy whatever pack you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I'm pretty sure they said Tavern Brawls would give Standard packs, so maybe just a random one from a current expansion?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The core set sated me for a time, but I once again hunger for card reveals. Show me the drat cards, Blizzard.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tavern brawl's easy enough with a simple demon hunter aggro deck. battlefiends, acrobatics, bonechewer brawlers and guardian augmerchants, etc. you lose poo poo like kayn and altruis, stiltstepper and so on, but otherwise not extremely different from what you'd play in standard

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Elemental burn mage works pretty well too, the only thing you're really missing is Raz, who is more of a bonus card in that deck anyway and not super essential.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Weapon rogue seems pretty strong for Tavern Brawl as well. Maybe something like this:

2x (0) Backstab
2x (1) Deadly Poison
2x (1) Nitroboost Poison
2x (1) Pen Flinger
2x (1) Prize Plunderer
2x (1) Sinister Strike
2x (1) Spymistress
2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
2x (2) Eviscerate
2x (2) Sneaky Delinquent
2x (2) Swindle
1x (2) Sap
2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
1x (3) Dread Corsair
2x (3) Vulpera Toxinblade
2x (5) Cutting Class

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I let the Brawl autofill my whole rogue deck, crushed whatever weird poo poo my opponent was trying to play. One and done.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I got my win with a Spiked Hogrider charge kill past a removed taunt, a personal ambition of mine!

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (0) Silence
# 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Frazzled Freshman
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Homunculus
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (2) EVIL Conscripter
# 2x (2) Grandmummy
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Vilefiend
# 2x (2) Kul Tiran Chaplain
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Shadow Ascendant
# 2x (3) Dark Cultist
# 1x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Shadow Madness
# 1x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (5) Spiked Hogrider
#
AAEBAZ/HAgSlCdYK6boDlc0DDdwB8gyPDvy9As7MAo2XA62lA5mpA7C6A/S7A9fOA7vRA6TVAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you have a nearly full classic collection you can get 9-10k dust just by getting rid of the bad cards that you'll never use in wild/classic modes.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

If you have a nearly full classic collection you can get 9-10k dust just by getting rid of the bad cards that you'll never use in wild/classic modes.

yeah i was wondering if you only care about standard, is it worth even dusting the stuff that is making it into the core set? like for example for rogue you could dust all of the following currently in standard:

Backstab
Preperation
Shadowstep
Deadly Poison
Sinister Strike
Cold Blood
Patient Assassin
SI:7 Agent
Assassin's Blade
Assassinate
Sprint

and then get them back for free as part of the core set?

is there any reason not to do this? You are basically losing out on 610 dust by not doing that and just getting the updated versions of the card you already own.. I want to go through the collection and do that but I'm afraid it will somehow blow up in my face lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Theoretically there's nothing wrong with dusting everything thats rotating if you're only going to play standard, but I see a lot of people regretting that decision when they want to play wild a few months/years down the line. I'd definitely dust the extremely bad stuff like Patient Assassin though. I also wouldn't bother dusting commons unless you're really close to crafting a card you want.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Theoretically there's nothing wrong with dusting everything thats rotating if you're only going to play standard, but I see a lot of people regretting that decision when they want to play wild a few months/years down the line. I'd definitely dust the extremely bad stuff like Patient Assassin though. I also wouldn't bother dusting commons unless you're really close to crafting a card you want.

yeah that's kind of in my mind, and who knows what new game mode they'll introduce that is collection based where you might regret it down the line.

with that in mind I think i'll go through the new core set cards and dust the epics and legendaries that are bad cards...

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah dusting commons is hardly worth the click, you get like, 5 dust?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

GTO posted:

Yeah dusting commons is hardly worth the click, you get like, 5 dust?

never dust any cards, even duplicates unless you have to. every once in a while they'll nerf a common and you can get like 11x 40 dust

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Pardot posted:

never dust any cards, even duplicates unless you have to. every once in a while they'll nerf a common and you can get like 11x 40 dust

There's definitely things in classic that are rotating that have absolutely zero chance whatsoever of being nerfed or ever seeing play. For sure you shouldn't dust something if you don't have a reason to use the dust, but there's no reason you shouldn't dust Gruul or Millhouse Manastorm if it means you can finish crafting a deck.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Pardot posted:

I’ve got like 13 extra copies of Animated Broomstick, and im pretty sure it’s going to get hit next nerf cycle. I started not dusting unless I needed to in Scholomance and it’s definitely been worth it. I got like 2400 dust from the GA nerf alone lmao.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I envy you psychopaths who can ignore the little shake of the dust jar in the card collection.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I envy you psychopaths who can ignore the little shake of the dust jar in the card collection.

That big “dust all” button is extremely tempting, I have to say.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
how sweet it is when they nerf an epic you have golden

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I will never dust my bad cards and will cash out in 10 years with a pack fresh nat pagle

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

sirtommygunn posted:

ill never press it, never!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I dust everything extra, otherwise I'd never get key legendaries and be stuck playing the same two or three decks every expansion.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I've been playing since 2014 and I have over 40k dust (and climbing). I dusted the Druid cards that were nerfed forever ago (Force, Lore, etc) and I have never stopped regretting it. Don't dust anything except dupes.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Pardot posted:

I’m hoping there’s at least two confirmations after pressing that, would suck to accidentally dust all those cards

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Pardot posted:

https://youtu.be/igN9hmLQOZY

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love this stupid deck

Cry Havoc posted:

I’m hoping there’s at least two confirmations after pressing that, would suck to accidentally dust all those cards

There isn't because card nerfs are rare enough that there's generally not much reason to hold onto a card for years and years in case it gets nerfed, lol.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 6, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Looking at how scant the Core Set is, nothing is safe from nerfs from Ashes/Scholo/Darkmoon. Dust nothing until rotation.

There are also going to be a ton of cards that were unplayable that are suddenly playable because of the unusually huge dip in power level.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Cry Havoc posted:

how sweet it is when they nerf an epic you have golden

I had a golden Guardian Animals. Opened it when the set dropped and said “yeah this is getting nerfed”. Felt good to get that 1600 dust out of it. I’ve got one golden Argent Braggart that I’m hanging onto for the same reason. At the release of scholomance I’d have bet money that he’d be nerfed lol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AnacondaHL posted:

Looking at how scant the Core Set is, nothing is safe from nerfs from Ashes/Scholo/Darkmoon. Dust nothing until rotation.

There are also going to be a ton of cards that were unplayable that are suddenly playable because of the unusually huge dip in power level.

And some cards that were playable might become unplayable. How good are token generators in druid do without Savage Roar?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Torrannor posted:

And some cards that were playable might become unplayable. How good are token generators in druid do without Savage Roar?

Hopefully terrible. Overgrowth haunted me long enough that I'm happy for Druid to be dumpster-tier for the next year. The class doesn't need ramp and tokens.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
me every year since 2016: well it looks like druid and rogue will suck for a while now and it's about time

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Not quite sure what i'm doing here but it's fun:

### ??? Sham
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 1x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) Landslide
# 2x (2) Rune Dagger
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 1x (3) Lady Vashj
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 1x (3) Speaker Gidra
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 1x (5) Inara Stormcrash
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 1x (5) Ras Frostwhisper
#
AAECAYHaAwb5A+0F5LgD0M4D9c4Drt4DDLIGj5QD27gDpssD4MwD4cwDzc4D8NQDp94Dqt4DieQDiuQDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I refuse to call token Druid as long as Arbor Up exists

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
"ugh, kalecgos gave him a conjurer's calling?? oh well, I can clear whatever comes out as long as it's not a col---"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Pardot posted:

this is violence

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

World War Mammories posted:

this is violence

:smug:

That doesn't include duplicate legendaries that I have a gold copy of - but those aren't really *that* numerous.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I press that button as soon as it lights up. It doesn’t even matter if I can’t use the dust yet, I have to press it now

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

let the dust peen contest commence

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Punching holes in my wall because people wont push their loving dust button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:smug:

That doesn't include duplicate legendaries that I have a gold copy of - but those aren't really *that* numerous.

Have you got a full card collection?