Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Rastakhan is pretty mediocre, but TGT seems like you'd actually just play that as-is in some decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Color Printer posted:

They're changing weapon cards to look more like the other cards rather than metallic gray with colored borders around the art (which got a little hard to distinguish) so we'll probably see at least one dual-class weapon.

Good thinking. They could do Paladin/Warrior, Warrior/Rogue or Demon Hunter/Hunter. They could also surprise implement a 0/3 Warlock/Priest 'weapon' as well. EDIT: Looks like the dual-class legendaries are all professors, so it's highly unlikely for a 0/3 weapon now that I think about it.

At first I couldn't wrap my head around Transfer Student, but then realized it's similar to the "Unidentified" spells of KnC and RoS, but the effect for this, and any similar card they may print in the set, is known for both players once the match begins.

The warrior legendary looked too slow at first, but could be insane to cheat out with Boom Reaver or Dimensional Ripper. Guess it depends on the meta, but it certainly can't hurt the 'Big Warrior' build.

Jolly Jumbuck fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 14, 2020

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Amalgadon is really good for dragons, especially since you can buff it along Kalekgos. If it gets DS or poison that's just a nice bonus.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Got a watch&learn quest on both of EU and NA today and upon re-roll it stays the same and then completely vanishes once you leave the quests screen. Restarting the game doesn't make it come back so lol good old blizz client

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

mcbexx posted:

Cool new undocumented feature:

Tried to reroll a quest, nothing happened.
Backed out of the quest overview and opened it again - the quest I wanted to reroll was *poof* gone.

Restarting the client did not bring it back.

So, word of warning, don't reroll your quests.

Wish I read this earlier. Lost my quest in the reroll as well.

Now to decide on dusting my Golden Alex..

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uhhhhh

quote:

Preorder Comparison:

Decent of Dragons:

Normal Bundle: 60 Packs

Mega Bundle: 100 Packs

Ashes of Outland:

Normal Bundle: 55 Packs

Mega Bundle: 90 Packs

Scholomance Academy:

Normal Bundle 55 Packs

Mega Bundle: 85 Packs (5 Golden)

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I still have yet to see the nerf patch, but I’m playing on iOS. No updates in the App Store either, anyone else seeing this?

iOS updates always lag behind PC, usually anywhere from a few hours to a day.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 14, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RatHat posted:

Uhhhhh

iOS updates always lag behind PC, usually anywhere from a few hours to a day.

isn't this good? especially with the new global dupe protection?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Cool new undocumented feature:

Tried to reroll a quest, nothing happened.
Backed out of the quest overview and opened it again - the quest I wanted to reroll was *poof* gone.

Restarting the client did not bring it back.

So, word of warning, don't reroll your quests.

There is a warning in the launcher about this now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnacondaHL posted:

The dupe protection started last expansion though, and this one has less packs than that.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/ZelKnow/status/1283101366810931200

Really strong, what a great statline especially for decks with a lot of free/cheap spells like Rogue/Druid/Shaman/Paladin

...Demon Hunter :stare:

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

AnacondaHL posted:

Yeah packs with dupe protection are worth more dust than packs without it but it’s not just a simple flat increase. The value of each pack increases slightly with every previous pack you’ve opened of that set, at least until you have all the cards and then they’re just worth whatever you get when you hit “mass disenchant”.

edit: gold cards will also do this but cmon almost nobody is opening enough packs for that to be a factor

edit2: The number of packs you get for pre-orders has always fluctuated between sets, just because it’s dropped for 2 sets doesn’t mean it’s not going to go up on the next set.

Promoted Pawn fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 14, 2020

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Promoted Pawn posted:

Yeah packs with dupe protection are worth more dust than packs without it but it’s not just a simple flat increase. The value of each pack increases slightly with every previous pack you’ve opened of that set, at least until you have all the cards and then they’re just worth whatever you get when you hit “mass disenchant”.

edit: gold cards will also do this but cmon almost nobody is opening enough packs for that to be a factor

Right, so for all parties that care, wouldn't anyone snap-trade 10 packs for 5 golden packs?

80 packs is already more than enough to guarantee opening a full playset of commons and rares, and the upside of getting a gold Epic/Legendary is way better, not to mention the dust you can simply use to craft what you need.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

AnacondaHL posted:

Right, so for all parties that care, wouldn't anyone snap-trade 10 packs for 5 golden packs?

80 packs is already more than enough to guarantee opening a full playset of commons and rares, and the upside of getting a gold Epic/Legendary is way better, not to mention the dust you can simply use to craft what you need.

Yeah the golden packs are still worth way more than a normal pack could ever be, even with the caveat that dupe protection doesn’t apply to golden packs.

If you’re buying both the pre-orders and completing all your dailies you’ll likely still have gold left over by the time you have a full set.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I play on android and no patch. Which is weird because aren't all players in one pool? So how does that work?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Xguard86 posted:

I play on android and no patch. Which is weird because aren't all players in one pool? So how does that work?

I feel like if they roll out updates separately they have a couple different servers to facilitate that. PC got the update first so they’re all playing on server 1, while android/iOS is on server 2. Then once the update is live everywhere they go back to putting everyone together.

I could be wrong but that’s the only way it makes sense to me lol

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Xguard86 posted:

When patches desync the players on each version are segregated from each other. 17.4.1 (mobile) players will only match against 17.4.1 players and same for 17.6 players.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Devo posted:

All I'm gonna say is that post-nerf Totem Transfer Student Shaman has a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT win rate for me so far

Can you post that real quick?
I'm desperate enough to be ready for this now.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mr Beens posted:

There is a warning in the launcher about this now

The warning is saying rerolling "may not provide a replacement quest".

While technically correct, that is completely omitting the fact that you're losing the quest you're trying to reroll.

No idea why they are mincing words here.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
So the preorder hero is just bony rear end Lich Kel'Thuzad and not Dean Kel'Thuzad? Boooo.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Man that quote where they said they wanted to reduce the amount of card generation and mana cheat aged poorly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ulvino posted:

So the preorder hero is just bony rear end Lich Kel'Thuzad and not Dean Kel'Thuzad? Boooo.

Lich KT is way cooler and 100% will have top tier emotes

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Firebert posted:

Lich KT is way cooler and 100% will have top tier emotes

I have some disappointing news :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RlrT2U8m0k

Out of interest, how does Rattlegore work with buffs?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 14, 2020

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I like the voice at least

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Those 5 golden packs are interesting. With the new set legendary drop chance if you open those first you've got a pretty decent chance of opening a golden legendary out of one yea? Sucks if you get it on pack 6 though...

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

PneumonicBook posted:

Those 5 golden packs are interesting. With the new set legendary drop chance if you open those first you've got a pretty decent chance of opening a golden legendary out of one yea? Sucks if you get it on pack 6 though...

True chaos, alternate between regular and golden packs for your first ten.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Golden packs don’t respect dupe protection or the ‘forced legendary in the first 10 packs’ rule.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

what the gently caress

did they even play the Naxx adventure smdh

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Promoted Pawn posted:

Golden packs don’t respect dupe protection or the ‘forced legendary in the first 10 packs’ rule.

Of course they don't.

As an aside it's really annoying that I have like 6 mage heroes, 19 shaman heroes, and...3 Hunters? 2 Warriors?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Patch is live on iOS/iPadOS.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way there were a bunch of Darkmoon Faire references in the trailer. Good chance that’ll be the last expansion of the year.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Goons Are Great posted:

Can you post that real quick?
I'm desperate enough to be ready for this now.

Not sure if this is the final version. I've been tweaking it as I go. Tried putting the wasp in there since I generate so many lackeys; might be better than the Squall Hunters. I like the dragons though because they have big asses that stick to the board. Thinking of getting super degenerate and finding a way to stick Doomhammer and Rockbiter in there.

### Totem Lust
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 1x (1) Earth Shock
# 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
# 2x (1) Storm's Wrath
# 2x (1) Surging Tempest
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Transfer Student
# 2x (3) Lava Burst
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Marshspawn
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Totemic Reflection
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 2x (4) Squallhunter
# 1x (4) Vessina
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
#
AAECAaoIAv8F5qUDDoEEvgbgBpMJxpkDnaMD+aUDrK0Dta0Dtq0D27gDlrkDmLkDw8wDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

PneumonicBook posted:

Of course they don't.

As an aside it's really annoying that I have like 6 mage heroes, 19 shaman heroes, and...3 Hunters? 2 Warriors?

And currently no Priest heroes that surpass Wow...

Transfer Student is pretty neat also. I think of it like a 2 mana Lackey you can just put in your deck.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Look forward to seeing Transfer Student decide a grandmaster tournament

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The Amazon App Store hosed up their version of the patch.

It hangs on "Let's go to the store to start the download."

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

gandlethorpe posted:

Look forward to seeing Transfer Student decide a grandmaster tournament

It's banned from Master's tour decklists, idk if they removed it from discover pools like Waxmancy

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Firebert posted:

It's banned from Master's tour decklists, idk if they removed it from discover pools like Waxmancy

Is this the first time they’ve ever banned a card from top-tier competitive?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Firebert posted:

Source? I've seen no revision in the official rules and the Banned Card list on the esports site. As far as I can tell the card is live for this weekend.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Is this the first time they’ve ever banned a card from top-tier competitive?

No, Whizbang and Zayle are banned in most top tournaments

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

AnacondaHL posted:

No, Whizbang and Zayle are banned in most top tournaments

What's the reasoning for this? Genuinely curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Source? I've seen no revision in the official rules and the Banned Card list on the esports site. As far as I can tell the card is live for this weekend.

https://twitter.com/Paradox_HS/status/1283108040963772416