Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

missing veranus and zixor from that deck. are those key players?

If you don’t have zixor then diving griffon and scavenger’s ingenuity need to be cut as well. Veranus isn’t key but it’s a really nice dragon and good for pushing through high health taunts like druids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is VS not updating anymore or something?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

adamarama posted:

I'm enjoying enrage warrior and getting the hang of it but I don't understand how to use warmaul Challenger. It's quite underwhelming as removal, is it for armour gain with Smith? I've been running pillager instead and liking it. To me the deck is about smashing face with weapons until you get your opponent in range of your charge minions. Your charge burst is usually 12-14 from hand. Am I missing something?

You play it when they have any sort of token to get a 1/8 or whatever that you can later enrage/battlerage/armorsmith/etc

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

Ahh makes sense. Do you still go face with weapons? I find the pirate draw and lackys really useful but feels like I'm taking too much dmg removing their minions. However, when their board sticks around, doesn't go well either.

If you don’t remove their minions they hit you in the face anyway, all you want to do is survive because unlike most classes you actually have the armor gain to outlast the DH

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

adamarama posted:

I don't agree with this. Tracking is like zephyrs, you use it to fish for a solution to the current board state. It might be searching for lethal around a taunt or explosive trap to deal with a wide board. If you play tracking on turn one, what are you looking for? There may be fringe cases where your hand is absolute garbage and you just want something to play but the vast majority of the time, tracking on turn one or just to use spare mana is terrible.

Terrible is a strong word for 1 mana draw a card in the class with the least amount of card draw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yikes! posted:

I see Zephrys get used on 2 for a turn 3 wild growth a lot. Is that that bad of a play if they have nothing else to do those turns?

It depends on your deck and matchup

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Does locking a unit with Maiev keep it stuck as one of your tavern slots? Because if so that seems trash

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

peer posted:

just got owled by a galakrond warlock. first owl i've seen in months

edit:

love this diverse meta

What rank are you? I’ve been drowning in warriors for a couple days now, I think even more than DHs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Quest Warlock is legit

### New School Plot Twist
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Rain of Fire
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 1x (2) Twisted Knowledge
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Keli'dan the Breaker
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 2x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Malygos
# 1x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
#
AAECAcn1Agq0A8UE2wbOB4mdA+ujA5GxA622A/O7A+6/AwrECNqWA9qbA6GhA+WsA+usA+ysA+2sA8S5A+m+AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Very fun deck that has the tools to go the distance with Highlanders, combo control decks to death, and has enough removal and healing to last against the Aggro. VS has a similar deck but I think the Betrug combo is too important. It’s a good win condition against classes that can’t deal with a wide board of big things and gives you more combo finishing options (0 cost betrug/0 cost plot twist + betrug) Also, I cut zephyrs for twisted knowledge because he comes online way too late and you can use it for more combo pieces in a slow match.

Always mulligan for mo’arg, nether breath, and crazed netherwing; keep plot twist in slow matchups and for Aggro keep rain of fire/mortal coil if you already have an artificer. Toss the quest against DH.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

tempo priest isn't a good deck but it's a good laddering deck because you generally know by turn 3 whether you've won or not (either you played minions or you didn't draw any)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’ve got a fun Highlander Hunter tech that I think isn’t on anyone’s radar despite being super good and fun.

There’s very few cards run right now that this guy doesn’t kill and being able to pull key cards like armorsmith, skipper, togwaggle, zephyrs, brann, etc. has won more than a couple games on its own. Even pulling galakrond invokers can be a big deal. Plus 6 mana is a pretty helpful spot in the curve to fill in.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yikes! posted:

It being a beast gives me pause which is a bit bizarre, but ingenuity hitting a cheap rusher/charger is a big deal. Killing kronx or zpehrys with it would rock though.

I found that the rushed stats aren’t as backbreaking with the -1/-1 nerf to ingenuity, and I’m still drawing Xixor consistently enough that it doesn’t feel like it’s ruining the combo. Also at the very least it still benefits from the bonus stats, letting it eat DQ Alex’s and Murozonds without issue.

I also tried Boompistol Bully and as fun as it was against galakrond warlocks and rogues I think it’s better suited to a deck like dragon hunter that’s putting on more consistent early pressure

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Currently 0-7 with pirate warrior at bronze rank lmao what the gently caress is this deck’s deal?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

People who say Maiev is a spellbreaker mistake her a bit. She's a very good card at pushing tempo against big/taunt minions, but even if you imprison a 3/3 she can be a strong play if you're curving out and pushing damage. She's very good in Hunters and aggro decks in general, but people overrate her as a silence replacement.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

as someone who’s been trying recurring villain decks for multiple expansions I wonder how a Defender of Argus would do, since it helps deal with one of recurring villain’s main problems of faster decks just ignoring it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wish there was a way to tell Zephyrys that “actually I know for a fact what that mage secret is and if you just give me flare I can kill him” so that he doesn’t insist on giving me that stupid priest 2 mana 2/3 minion

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Devo posted:

So we're all in agreement that the Twin Slice nerf was actually a buff, right?

Sorta, I wouldn’t call it a buff against like Hunters where the 0 mana version was ridiculously good for controlling the board during the critical first 3-4 turns. It’s definitely improved the overall lethal reach (which was already pretty insane)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

I've legit never seen altirus hit for more than like 4. it's good but not insane, idk.

Consider the fact that hitting enemy minions alone for 4 costs 7 mana

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Hah congrats to umberwing and the satyr for being the Last DH cards standing nerfwise

I mean the Kayn nerf is kind of silly but yeah great job to the DH design team on all the fair and balanced cards

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

With the dq:a nerf I wonder if it’ll be time to dust off duplicates dragon hunter

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The best part about the DH card nerfs is how many of those “nerfed” cards are still 100% good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

What's the reasoning for this? Genuinely curious

Because some people like to pretend that professional hearthstone is a real and serious thing and not already heavily random

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

Is there a card I can replace Frizz with? Hesitant to craft a new legendary with the expansion coming soon.

Dragonmaw Poacher

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Quetzadilla posted:

Been playing the "vanilla ice" gala rogue deck but swapped some stuff out for owls which is almost certainly suboptimal but has definitely won me some games and made some losses less hopeless. It's pretty great being able to just outright eat librams of wisdom or just go to town against a resurrection priest by shadowstepping them for even more silence. And it's not always a lovely body with a faceless corruptor or a witchy lackey to play. Also good if you witchy lackey into a detrimental minion. To be clear I am absolute trash from the dumpster but I just hit gold yaaaaay.

why not just use sap instead of owls?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Might get back into the game though, are there any fun tempo rogue decks that feel like pick rogue or odd rogue? Those were my favorites, even if I never really got to a good rank with odd rogue it just felt satisfying to play.

I’m sure you could throw together a bunch of the stealth and tempo cards and make something similar. This is what I’ve been playing since they finally shot galakrond in his stupid head

### Stowaway Train
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 1x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Spymistress
# 2x (1) Worgen Infiltrator
# 2x (2) Ashtongue Slayer
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Akama
# 2x (3) Greyheart Sage
# 2x (3) Skydiving Instructor
# 2x (4) Escaped Manasaber
# 1x (4) Maiev Shadowsong
# 2x (4) Shadow of Death
# 2x (5) Necrium Apothecary
# 2x (5) Stowaway
# 1x (5) Waxadred
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (7) Cursed Vagrant
#
AAECAaIHBoYJwK4Dwa4Du7gD0rkD7b4DDLQBzQPiB4CmA7uuA76uA4S2A7S2A7m4A7q4A865A8+5AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Very fun, absolutely demolishes priests

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kelidan sees play, it’s better than kelidan because you can play it alongside something like crazed netherwing but it’s less of a high roll card. This sees play in those kelidan decks and in decks like zoo imho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

0 mana warlock giants is back baby

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Being at low health is something that you can pretty consistently have happen in most games without trying. Your opponent does that job for you. Changing your health on your turn is often more difficult. I think molten giants probably are cheaper, faster than this guy. I don't see a way to cheat this guy out much quicker than turn...5? For a Warlock going second that hero powers every turn (including coin -> HP turn 1).

You can discount it super effectively if you’re using cards like darkglare and flame imp

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the biggest difference between the hammer and the tiger is that the tiger locks you into playing your spell immediately or on the next turn, whereas you can hold onto the hammer and just play minions until you use a brawl or something

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

Just getting back into constructed after being out for years. Can someone tell me what the finley is doing in this deck? https://hsreplay.net/decks/JJrt2Y8ABQ1JKXik9Yx6tg/

I don't get it, the deck is full of duplicates.

It’s the most murloc hp that you can play for 2 mana

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

The big problem is that spell damage has been overcosted by Blizzard for...forever now, so this card is for all intents and purposes just a legendary Despicable Dreadlord. The only spell damage minions worth a drat in standard right now is Thalnos and Solarian. Squallhunter is a decent card in Shaman but the overload makes it impossible to curve into Ras with it. Maybe they will have some actually broken minions to push spell damage but I am pretty doubtful. Blizzard seems to think spell damage is equivalent in power to drawing cards or charge/rush and it has never been the case.

The 1 mana 2/1 spell damage merchant and Vashj are also both good spell damage minions

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

Neither are played at all on ladder

well yeah obviously ones a shaman card but ethereal merchant is still the only 1 mana source of spellpower in the game so if spell damage is a thing it will 100% be included

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Quest Warlock probably doesn't want fragments that could mess with the free cards drawn with the HP.

Which is why you play the card that sorts your deck by cost

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chernabog posted:

I think it's fine because you can't activate it the same turn that easily.

Is that warrior 1 mana give a minion rush and draw a card spell still in standard?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

With 2 of these could you have a 7 cost Malygos? Also you can discover more Solarians.

Curious if this includes cards like Azurite Elemental

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Omu + Savage Roar + Survival of the Fittest is going to be so nasty

e: lmao neutral 5 mana 3/7 whenever your opponent casts a spell summon a 2/2 taunt

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 29, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Trump got a card reveal and had an entertaining video analyzing it. He should absolutely be on the same level of consideration as Kripp. His brand of enthusiastic cringe is way more appropriate for an hour+ long hype stream.

But I suppose he's too busy focusing on re-election.

idk if youve seen trump live but he’s honestly one of the most boring and low energy people to watch and it’s a miracle that his video editor manages to make him so watchable

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think tempo/aggro priest might have a unique advantage in that apotheosis on a growing minion basically wins an aggro vs aggro matchup instantly. The problem with the class is that it has no good ways to regain tempo against rogue, which has a lot of ways to sap or remove big buffed minions early.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Zoolock is absolutely ripping holy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It turns out warlock getting a 1 mana 1/3 demon with upside, better cheaper flanking strike, and a 0 mana activator for darkglare/vulture is crazy