Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I feel like Hearthstone has gotten to the point where some classes just get to pull out massive swing plays every single turn once they hit like, 4 mana. Not sure how I feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

It's kind of shocking how strong that Dormant Murloc card Paladin can be as a turn 1 play. I've been using Kibler's Dragon Murloc list (AAECAZ8FAoOhA/y4Aw7FA9sDpwivpwPKqwOQrgOorwP+sAOFsQPIuAPJuAP2uAP7uAPKwQMA) and I think my winrate with playing that on turn 1 is something like 75-80% after 15 games.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Kind of off topic, but I’m starting to think that Renew card for Priest is kind of broken.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Xguard86 posted:

I know the stats don't back it up but priest still bugs me.

How many different heals and removals do I need to bust through while they assemble whatever giant pillow their deck has chosen to smother the last bit of fun out of the match?

I’m pretty sure time will soon show Galakrond Control Priest to be at least a tier 2 deck, if not 1.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Paladin getting a solid 1 drop with good stats goes a long, long ways with Hand of A'dal still being a thing. Really doubt it will pull Pure Paladin from the Gutters or anything but still it actually helps a lot.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Mymla posted:

Can I just bitch about how you don't get quest progression if you concede before the opponent has lethal on board or whatever the exact criteria is.

I think after you concede after turn 7 it counts

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Same, but also if they couldn't do this bullshit the class would be worse than Shaman right now.

They have given Rogue nothing but amazing cards for like the last year and a half. They need to gently caress off now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

kaesarsosei posted:

Holy gently caress but the Wild Ladder has become a cesspit this last few days. People have woken up to how massive a buff Twin Slice was to Odd DH and it's everywhere now. If your deck can't handle Odd DH then it's completely pointless.

Firebat was streaming some Wild Games with someone, the other guy pointed out how in Odd DH, Twin Slice is now a three mana Leeroy/Fireball and Firebat became really sad for a moment.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Sloppy posted:

I was listening to Celestalon on Coin Concede the other day and it was really a bummer how pleased and unconcerned he seemed about DH. Maybe only the complainers are loud but I haven't really heard anyone express happiness about DH and the effects he's had on the game.

Some people have said that they like DH for being so consistent, and not reliant on RNG on the same level as Rogue and other classes are.
Of course, consistency is literally one of the most powerful tools any deck in any card game can have soo.....

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I really like Galakrond Priest decks, however I keep getting Mirror Matches and nothing makes me question what I am doing with my life and how precious little time we all might have left quite like playing a 45 minute game of "who can generate the best stuff from Thoughtsteal, Setheks and Invokes"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Reborn minions maybe? Like flooding Micro-Mummies early on has proven to be a good strategy

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You could, but keep in mind putting Divine Shield on a DR you want to pop right away doesn't work out to well. I still think it's a cool card though, for both classes. Wonder if buffing/copying is gonna be a reoccurring idea in the Paladin/Priest duo.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

During the Soul Fragement madness, they also revealed a Priest/Paladin minion that is Sunwalker but much better

Devout Pupil
6 Mana, 4/5 Taunt and DS
For every spell you have casted on a friendly target, reduce the mana cost by 1.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

orangelex44 posted:

That's an excellent card. Maybe not quite unfair enough, but it'll make the cut in Highlander at least.

I dunno, that seems very strong in Libram Paladin and possibly some Galactic Meme potential in Priest, thanks to Split/Grave Rune

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Torrannor posted:

This can of course easily cost zero in libram decks. Which is probably worthless, since paladin has no card draw. You would have to hope to generate it in pure paladin, since it's mana cost doesn't matter when you topdeck it.

Turalyon is also solid but not overpowered like so many other big class (and neutral) legendaries. I predict that paladin will still be in the dumpster after this set releases, unless they get some form of good card draw.

Last I checked Paladin had Murloc in T1 and Pure in the upper end of T2. Its not really in the dumpster right now to be honest with you.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

New shaman legendary:

Glad it's not for mage. Seems more like their type of BS.

I'm just glad they had the foresight to make sure you couldn't chain Lightning Bloom forever

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Wait, with Argent Braggart lets say I'm playing Paladin and have a full HP Turyalon or Batterhead, and the enemy has a Deathwing with 2 HP, does that turn into a 12/12 then? If that's how it works that's loving bonkers for a 2 Drop

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah I assume it's like that

that'll be extremely rare though and it's vulnerable to silence (especially the new Mage silence/rush minion)

I think if it does see play it'll be as a 2-mana Faceless Manipulator-ish card in a Big/Control Paladin, which very well may not be a thing anyway

I mean, DH silencing a 2 Drop as opposed to like, Tirion or some poo poo is something I would consider a win.
Also The fact that you can play this alongside Turyalon and gain a 12 HP minion with probably high attack can make for some crazy rear end swing plays.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

Blizzard kind of forgot about Priest needing card draw. They will probably get another basic set rework once Galakrond rotates out next year.

I think Blizzard expects Priest’s strong Card Generation to make up for Draw, but that also means any chance of playing a non long game deck for Priest goes out the loving window.

Cant really rely on Generation to help a zoo deck close the game out really.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Fenarisk posted:

Paladin still needs a card draw option in this set otherwise all of this goodness is wasted.

Aurla has deck thinning, does that count?
I mean we know Blizzard wants draw to be a weakness for certain classes, and we’ve seen that Draw isn’t the end all be all in HS. Hunter’s card draw isn’t honestly a whole lot better then Paladins at the moment, but hunter can just curve out like a mother fucker.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 28, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Warrior/Paladin legendary

Lord Barov: 3 mana 3/2
Battlecry: Equality
Deathrattle: Whirlwind

I feel like that’s an auto include in every Warrior deck, and decent in most Paladin decks.
Wonder if you are running Aurla, if it’s worth it to trade a Libram of Justice for Barov, limits her Missfire potential.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Wronchi will never top this, but then again little ever could
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHybGlGVFK8

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Then again, every class in the game has a one card solution to removing that the turn it's played. Well except for DH, funnily enough.

edit: actually Druid is probably screwed if that ever gets on board

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 29, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ugh, that mage 3/6 is gonna be real dumb in Khadgar decks

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Paladin Spell, Blessing of Authority
5 mana, a give a minion +8/+8, for this turn can’t attack Heroes.

That’s one way to make Silver Hand dudes scary again.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

But how can you criticise such a sparking personality that says:

"Me go face?... I think... Now here me out... that this guy... seems to know... everything... I'm playing... repeats random attack line in smorc voice... yeah..."

If you missed Disguised Toast's HS streaming days, repeat that ad nauseam.

What does he play now-a-days? Did he move along with the autochess crowd, or playing stuff like Legends of Runeterra?

Last time I checked, he lives with Micheal Reeves now and they are trying to buy one of those $100k robot dogs from Boston Dynamics so they can get it to piss beer into people's cups

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I think Turyalon can find a place in some Pure Paladin lists to be honest. Lack of efficient Single Target removal is one of the decks biggest weaknesses, now you don't have to waste an equality effect to kill a Kalecgos or something for example.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I have found a Tempo Priest deck that feels like a loving warcrime

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah Pure Paladin feels pretty good now, especially with Goody Two-Shields and Devout Pupil filling the curve. Are you running the Abbess with Authority and Kings? I like how Abbess looks for tempo and potential Libram of Wisdom "tutor", but I'm not sure whether to craft her.

Keep in mind if you like playing Tempo/Buff Priest, she's vital in that as well.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Quest Warlock seems pretty good now that they have Soul Fragments to inflate draw count

Also that 4 mana 3/3 destroy a minion guy is disgusting.

I feel like running Shards in Quest is skecthy though, decent chance of bricking your HP by pulling a Shard

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

For 9 mana a free vanilla 7/7 barely raises an eyebrow when the same class is dropping 10/9s for 2 mana each on like turn 6

This is a turn 3, does that count

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Semper Fudge posted:

It's so nice to play a version of buff Paladin that after nearly five years actually loving works.

Hey, lets not pretend Spikeridge + Lynessa was pretty nutty back in the day

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Pure Paladin is very strong atm, but it does have some large weaknesses that not enough people are exploiting at the moment.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I haven't had much success with that deck tbh

HSReplay has this list as #1 by a good amount:
### Pure Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Argent Braggart
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 1x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
# 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (6) Devout Pupil
# 1x (6) Pharaoh's Blessing
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (7) Lightforged Crusader
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAZ8FBo8Jw6QD/LgDhMEDk9ADw9EDDJuuA5yuA8q4A/24A+q5A+u5A+y5A8rBA57NA8DRA8rRA+DRAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/aFYkWqFED4ykQJRdVQgxkf/

Got me into D10 at least

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 7, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

No consecreation? Weird

Try to control the board with big body minions and debuffs mostly.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

adamarama posted:

I'm running a similar list but with kings and authority, no barov, pharaoh's, or aldor. I think Pharaoh's is the only incorrect card there. Kings fits better, it plays more like a tempo deck. You want to get buffs out quickly so you can braggart. I've been running one pride as well to fish for braggart, such a good card.

Yeah, looks like there is an updated version that took out Barov and Pharoh's for two Kings

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

paid money to post posted:

Both Barovs in one pack. :hellyeah:

Mindreader is also a Barov, if I remember right Lord Barov and Illucia were married and Jandice is their daughter

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

There's been like 9 Recruit cards been released that work exactly the same way, just without the word Recruit in the description. Actually Commencement is literally just that.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

It REALLY is lmao. I had high hopes for first day and it somehow exceeded them

I honestly thought that card was kind of trash but I should have known, zero mana spells always kind a way to be broken somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Any shuffle effect will reset the ordering, such as an opponent putting a Bomb in your deck or you putting Soul Fragments into your deck.

Apparently anytime a new card gets added to your deck the game reshuffles it, it just wasn’t noticeable until now