Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
https://i.imgur.com/tNPpti9.mp4

Oh, uh... okay :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Semper Fudge posted:

I won't be surprised if the next Book of Heroes is delayed and retooled because people seem to hate it across the board.

Blizzard should've advertised it for what it is, a tutorial mode for brand new players, instead of advertising it as a single player experience comparable to previous efforts.

I just think it's weird how they didn't include a hard mode this time. The normal battles in other similar expansions were typically about as easy as this but nobody complained because hard mode was there to offer a good challenge.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Warcraft lore is some of the most frustrating poo poo ever. I don't play WoW but by virtue of playing a ton of Hearthstone I occasionally look things up on the fan wiki. It's just a long string of characters making completely nonsensical, inconsistent decisions for the purpose of generating conflict and driving the plot forward. The new Jaina campaign is a perfect example of this.

"Oh hey Thrall, sure I'll help you defeat Grommash, this one specific orc who is doing bad things. This shows that we can work together!"

a few years later

"Oh hey Thrall, I'm going to kill you and all of the other orcs, and also the rest of the horde I guess, because Garrosh is doing bad things. This shows that we can never work together."

It's literally the same situation happening twice, but the writers decided Jaina must suddenly become a nazi.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

The most common suggestion I’ve seen is changing Tortollan to cast the actual spell, and not just a copy of it, so you can’t go infinite.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Pull the spell out of your deck instead of casting a copy. It would still be good in certain situations but not "this card alone wins the game" good.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Flayer posted:

If it actually cast the spell it would not be a good enough card to fit into competitive decks, although this might be a good thing.

It would put it into the same category as the vast majority of other cards, as well as the same category that it occupied before the latest expansion.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
In a way, the Turtle Mages don't bother me quite as much because at least they're playing a deck that's rather effective. It may put the meta in a bad place but you can't blame players for wanting to win using the options presented to them. Res/Thief Priests on the other hand never even had a particularly high winrate. They existed just for the sake of making people miserable.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I pretty much never play Battlegrounds (probably have like 10 games total under my belt), but I figured I'd give it a whirl now that they added a bunch of new stuff. I got Ragnaros for my hero. My strategy was "elementals". See an elemental? Buy it. Unless there's a better elemental on board and I couldn't afford both. Try to get 3 of a kind! Constant misplays and lost opportunities. Got 2nd place. :downs:

I'm guessing I was playing against complete noobs because my rank and MMR are so low, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I got sick of the current Standard meta and decided to hop into some Wild for basically the first time. Had no idea what to play, so I netdecked the first highly rated thing I saw at hsreplay, which was secret mage.

Won my first game, lost my second, then uh...

Not to brag or anything; this just seems bizarre. It feels like I can't lose. To make things even weirder, I've only run into the mirror match twice so far, and I don't think I've ever played against a deck that seemed to be built to counter this one. Why does Wild apparently have a tier 1 deck that hardly anyone is playing as or against? Am I just getting supremely lucky?