Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Decided to spring for that Year of the Dragon pack thing and got a few legendaries. How did I do? I got a gold Valdris Felcore, Supreme Archaeology, gold Corrupt the Waters, Waxadred, and Untapped Potential.

Good, a fun meme, good in the past but currently eh, a fun meme, and good in that order. I'd be very happy with that haul, congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So I haven't had a chance to play since the start of the month, how have the latest nerfs gone down?

Know HSReplay is a bit slow to update, but it makes it look like the meta is relatively stable.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Is VS not updating anymore or something?

It does, just its last update (16th April) was pre-nerf and they've been silent since.

quote:

Demon Hunter entered the meta with a bang. The biggest bang. Before the quick balance changes that arrived only a day after the launch of Ashes of Outland, the class’ popularity ranged between 50% and 60% across all leagues (!!!). We’ve never seen anything like it. It was the combination of the player base’s excitement in trying out the new class, and the class’ power level being completely broken. After the nerfs, Demon Hunter declined to a more ‘modest’ play rate of around 30%, which is typical of the normally oppressive and overpowered classes we’ve seen throughout Hearthstone’s history. Just another day at the office.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just remove it hitting face and Altruis would be fine.

Given the Altruis swing turns (I've seen the Kibler clip) also come with the DH hitting you for substantial damage, it's currently a Warpath that develops a board and along with a Pyroblast.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

anyone care to post The Good DH Build because I just want legend and i dont care if i do it dishonorably

### Tempo Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Twin Slice
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (2) Umberwing
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 2x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
#
AAECAea5AwSKB8y6A8O8A9rGAw35rgOLugO9uwPXuwPEvAPgvAO6xgPHxgPZxgPXyAP3yAP5yAP+yAMA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is the standard list from several sites.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 28, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

They really wanted to make sure that the Outcast mechanic wasn't a flop out of the gate, for obvious marketing and monetary reasons. It's the reason why Twin Slice isn't in Classic, it's in the Initiate set that will rotate out of Standard eventually.

Blizzard have also said they're not settled yet on what will/won't make the DH basic set cut come the end of the year, so they might swap some cards in and out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Twin Slice made their base set, it feels like an essential card to get their whole kit working. Very comparable to Backstab for Rogue.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

On that note: Is DH actually still succesful at high ranks? Definitely been able to beat it frequently with Galakrond Rogue and Warlock. I've been struggling with Warrior but that's more because I think hack the system warrior is garbage.

Resharing this which is the bog-standard DH list making the rounds:

quote:

### Tempo Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Twin Slice
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (2) Umberwing
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 2x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
#
AAECAea5AwSKB8y6A8O8A9rGAw35rgOLugO9uwPXuwPEvAPgvAO6xgPHxgPZxgPXyAP3yAP5yAP+yAMA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Supposedly it's Tier 1, but HSReplay probably hasn't fully updated to reflect the post-nerf data yet.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Warrior has really had a meteoric rise this set huh?

Edit: On that note, what's some "safe" stuff to craft now? Gorefiend looks pretty good and enables Egg Warrior and Face Hunter right?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 29, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Chernabog posted:

You can't be polite with DH emotes because they are all condescending. Sorry pal.

Demons? Pffft, Demons!

Probably the only DH emote I like.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is this game running like poo poo for anyone else? EU side.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Completely unrelated to anything,

just wanted to say, I miss Zilliax :(

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm not particularly enjoying the meta right now but it's overall okay.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

GTO posted:

I love all the random powerful turns you get these days but I find yoggs puzzle box just too random. Has anyone done stats on the likely outcome if you play it in different board states? (ie you control the board vs they do). Feels like it has lost me more games than it has won.

Funnily enough, yes.

When Yogg was first revealed, someone made a "Yogg Testing Site".

With the average Yogg of 10 spells, same as Puzzle Box, on an average board (the site had you with one River Croc and your opponent had one Yeti) it was estimated that Yogg would be favourable to you 60% of the time.

Favourable ranged widly from "Overall you dealt 2 to Yogg and your face, but you Siphon Soul'ed their 4/5" to "You Call of the Wild'ed twice, cast Bloodlust seven times, and Pyroblast'ed their face".

Now that was back when Old Gods was released, and cards have gotten stronger since then. I wouldn't be shocked if it's about 65% now.

Also,

World War Mammories posted:

you have not sufficiently praised Him

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Proposed question, do you think the game has power-crept enough that they could reintroduce Azure Drake back into Standard next year without any issues?

Realise they HoF'ed it because it was too efficient at what it did, but I forgot the card even existed until going through my collection today.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So I just had the weirdest bug I've ever seen in the game.

I desynced from a match, so I force-quit and rejoined.

When I rejoined, I had a new hand. It was still my turn, and I definitely had a new hand because I was playing Mecha'thun, and had Plot Twist + Hemet removed from my hand.

Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Related, I still think the best feeling in the game is OTK'ing a Druid/Warrior with 50 armour :allears:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 9, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Lordie new Mecha'Lock is disgustingly quick. I didn't expect turn 8 OTK's to just be its norms. Went from starting rank to Platinum 8 in one afternoon sitting.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 9, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Desert Bus posted:

Do you have a decklist for this?

### Mecha'thun Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Runic Egg
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Unstable Felbolt
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (4) Cataclysm
# 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
# 1x (6) Hemet, Jungle Hunter
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (7) Kael'thas Sunstrider
# 1x (10) Mecha'thun
#
AAEBAf0GCO0FwxadxwLO6QLC8QLx+wKPggOuugML+wGcAsQIibQC3sQC58sC8tAC2psDnakD66wDvb4DAA==
#

The combo is any spell into Dorian + Plot Twist to pull Kael'thas and Mecha'thun, winning from a 0 mana Cataclysm.

Hemet is to clear your deck leaving your combo intact, BUT you'll need a Plot Twist + other spell in hand.

It's shocking how consistent the deck is.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Noting with Nemsy, it's currently bugged. Once you unlock her you're stuck with her, can't swap back to Gul'dan.

Not exactly the worst bug, but I prefer Gul'dan :(

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 12, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It let me keep Mecha jaraxxus as my favorite

Huh? I've been stuck with her even after a client reset, weird.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Olpainless posted:

Filling up my wild rare and commons and got a Geosculptor Yip out of nowhere. Quite happy with that.

Awesome!

I'm really enjoying Wild currently. I haven't hit Diamond yet but it's been a really diverse ladder climb, lots of viable options.

Do think the top TOP decks are kind of ridiculous now, in the way Tier 1 eternal format decks are known for.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

I doubt it's an oopsie fuckup, it's clearly overtuned on purpose.

I mean any doubts of this should have been cleared when they revealed Kayn.

Who isn't even that great, it's just the fact Kayn exists as a card :v:

Olpainless posted:

Probably my most hated is Quest Mage still, mind. God did Licensed Adventurer give that monster a serious power boost.

Can we also take a second to appreciate the least effective nerf in the game's history with Open the Waygate. Maybe tied with Glaivebound Adept.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Releasing it as OP as it was only bred contempt for the class though, which I'd argue is going to stick around a lot longer.

To be honest they should have never released a tenth class to begin with, and it smacks to me more a corporate decision than a creative one. Maybe that's a bit :tinfoil: but given Blizzard-Activision's record the past couple of years, I wouldn't be shocked if that's the case.

Edit: Like I could pretty easily imagine an Outland set that had Outcast as one of the set mechanics for all classes, and Illidan as a Lich King/Ysera style card that gave you "DH" cards.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 13, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Holy moly those are some big and significant changes.

:lol: at the third DH nerf.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Realise it's the new incentive by the Dev team to do constant tweaks/updates, but is Outland now the most nerfed set in the game's history?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I somewhat miss the days of going Argent Squire -> Shielded Minibot -> Muster for Battle -> Piloted Shredder -> Sludge Blecher -> WHO AM I? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Horrible to play against, but mindless fun to play as.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I don't want Hunters having access to three Zixor Primes.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Felfire Ragnaros, hell yeah.

Also tempted to buy that Starseeker bundle, if only to not have to do deal with Illidan.

Know the trailer team has consistently knocked it out of the park, but dang this one is a real banger :allears:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 8, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Mr Beens posted:

Is it really a staple though? I rarely have it played against me and dont have it in any of my decks. It's certainly not a zilliax.

Everyday I remember the lack of unity, precision, and perfection in this meta :(

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I actually missed the Twin Slices nerf, :lol: that class is just a mess :allears:

Also technically a buff to Odd DH, I guess?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Why the hell is Knuckles in the Mother Shahraz deck :psyduck:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The story and rhyming sucks.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So here's the image you get for completing the story (it's not really worth a spoiler):

Sharing because it's incredibly jarring that this is the reward you get while Illidan and Aranna are making bad love rhymes at each-other. Also the image is in the same style as previous promotion posters and as far as I know this is the first time its been publicly released (here's the RoS' poster for comparison, also the AoS poster that's been used up until now for contrast).

I'd be fascinated to find out the development of AoO. Guess this is :tinfoil: but between this and the trailer song, I'm thinking DH's were a late addition to AoS that overtook the sets' initial focus.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 18, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Goons Are Great posted:

The voice lines are annoying as hell, especially the fact that he can't say hello properly and mumbles about some evil poo poo instead...

Every other character: Happy Fire Festival!

Illidan: THE FIRES OF OUR RAGE WILL BURN BRIGHTER THAN THE LEGION ITSELF!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gully Foyle posted:

Agreed, this boss is such bullshit. Every single game he's played the Draw 3, summon any minion drawn and gets like a 5/7 taunt, a big rush card, and the one demon that discounts a card in his hand every turn. And I get mostly basic Hunter/Rogue cards to deal with that? Maybe, just maybe I can get a mildly overpowered card (IF it's in Outcast position)? gently caress that indeed.

I don't know how but I was actually winning against Kanrethad going into turn 6 and had an impressive grip on the board,

then I got Vanished by the event that was meant to help me, and lost :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Not to dump even further on the story mode, but Aranna is a lazily written character. Maybe I shouldn't expect so much from HS, but the writing is usually solid/fun.

Give us more of the Sporelok, he was neat.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Honestly surprised the devs haven't attempted a Beast Paladin so far, themed around :horse:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

kaesarsosei posted:

Holy gently caress but the Wild Ladder has become a cesspit this last few days. People have woken up to how massive a buff Twin Slice was to Odd DH and it's everywhere now. If your deck can't handle Odd DH then it's completely pointless.

It's kind of sad that Blizzard can't address Odd DH currently either without kneecap'ing Standard DH. Also if they did nerf Odd DH Blizzard would kill off its only successful Wild deck.

I think we'll see Odd DH nerfs once all the current DH stuff rotates out next year, until then buckle for for several more months of a VERY aggressive Wild meta.

Just going to say again, :lol: DH is a mess and has killed a lot of interest I've had in any constructed format.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Firebat was streaming some Wild Games with someone, the other guy pointed out how in Odd DH, Twin Slice is now a three mana Leeroy/Fireball and Firebat became really sad for a moment.

Oh...

Oh when it's put like that :smith:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I know Magtheridon isn’t great and doesn’t see a lot of play but I just learned that if you transform one of the minions he generates he gets locked dormant for the rest of the game.

Not sure if that’s intentional but it was hilarious

Yeah it's intentional given the wording on the Wardens is that they need to "die", whereas transforming a minion is exactly that. Doesn't kill the minion, just transforms it.

I'd say for my money, Magtheridon might be one of the worst cards ever printed.

Still it's funny and reminds me of days when Evolve Shaman rolled into multiple Darknesses :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah Altrius clears the board, deals additional face damage, and it usually doesn't cost card advantage since DH has so many cantrips.

Imagine a 4 mana Abyssal Enforcer, that then also gives your hero +6 attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fenarisk posted:

gently caress this game and gently caress DH especially. I shouldn't heal 24 health in a game, have 2 taunts up, and, and still die because Kayn is a card that should have never been printed.

"Kayn's effect on the game was more substantial than our internal testing revealed, making Taunt a liability to the point that players were effectively wasting their turns playing Taunt minions against Demon Hunters.

As such we feel that rising Kayn to 5 mana, whilst also raising his attack to 4 to somewhat offset the mana increase, will help promote more interactive games."

Anarchy reigns, death to Wild.