Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Relin posted:

can you trigger your own secrets in classic mode

removing that functionality was so boneheaded

It came up so very little, and only actually mattered for Paladin, because the other one that you could it with was mage Ice Block, and you never wanted to self activate Ice Block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

orangelex44 posted:

IIRC they've mentioned in the past that while they like Highlander, they don't think it's a deck archetype that should always exist. I suspect some of the "no duplicate" support stuff will be candidates to rotate in and out from year to year.

Likely, with core being rotational, they'll simply decide this is a highlander year and rotate in an appropriate selection of old highlander cards.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

enki42 posted:

I think the problem with the Hunter hero power is that the new core set seems to be trying to move Hunter away from "go face" and focusing it more on midrangey builds. I suppose 2 to face still isn't that bad in that scenario though, you can just consider it a bit of extra reach.

Which was the original design of the class, they finally did it, they made Hunter Mid-range/Control. It only took them gutting a lot of the fun and cool beast support from the core card list (I'm upset about this).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The whole go face thing is dead; kill command, UtH, huffer, and eaglehorn are all gone. The only decks hunters even still have are highlander and dragon based, both of which are sets from last year that will be gone. If they want hunters to have this big focus on the board and minions then they need a hero power that can affect it

The idea is that you get to focus on the board with your above average beasts and use your hero power to whittle away your opponent, using your minions as well when you can afford to ignore the board.