Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Blooming Brilliant posted:

The story and rhyming sucks.

My favorite is the inconsistent lull in the middle where the rhyming stops completely. Like they said "gently caress this poo poo" and gave up.

Elysium posted:

WHY THE gently caress ARE THE PLOT LINES UNSKIPPABLE!??

I play on my phone in silent mode most of the time, it takes .5 seconds to read the text of the chat bubble, but apparently each voice line is like 10s long. Game loads up, it looks like I can play a card, ok let me just drop this on the boar-- OH DID YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME? TOO BAD loving SIT THERE FOR 10s! Ok well, that's over, let me just drop this on the boar-- SORRY, DID YOU THINK I WAS DONE, NO, SIT THERE FOR ANOTHER 10s! Ok well time to play the game- HAHA, I TRICKED YOU INTO THINKING YOU COULD PLAY THE GAME, NO YOU MAY NOT PLAY THE GAME.

And they don't even stop if you have to repeat the level!

It's always been this way. I wanted to unlock the little murloc portrait for Shaman, so I made an alt account to "invite" to Hearthstone. Good God. Training mode is like several hours of this crap. And until the addition of Demon Hunter you couldn't even piece together a decent starter deck without grinding / unlocking class cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Chernabog posted:

Has anybody had success with Aranna in BGs? Her ability is cool but doesn't make sense conceptually.
In the early game when her ability is at its most powerful you don't want to be re-rolling much, you just want to fill your board. I don't know if you are supposed to make it to T3 and then spend a round to level up or just ignore her ability and wait until it comes naturally, but then it feels like it is too late.

I only had her for like two games, the first one I held on to an early triple for too long (didn't refresh the board) and nearly cost me the game. I still ended up in top 4, but I had like 12 health the last half of the game. I think the key is to activate her hero power asap by refreshing every turn, while keeping your board full. IE- buy a minion on turn 2, use the spare coin to refresh. Etc. While still being adaptive and advantageous for things like token minions, or facing an AFK with an empty board, and using the opportunity for more refreshes.

Second time I played her, I waited until I had 6 gold to upgrade to tier 2. The upgrade cost 2 gold, buy a minion and 1 gold left to refresh. I'd *probably* ignore freezing for early triples? Once you activate her hero power they should come easily anyways.

Disclaimer that I'm not a very good BG player, I topped out at like 7k.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Both Barovs in one pack. :hellyeah:

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Mindreader is also a Barov, if I remember right Lord Barov and Illucia were married and Jandice is their daughter

Oh sweet I guess I have the whole collection!
Now they just need to make the Barov Peasant Caller into a card...

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Just had a priest play her Illucia... only to immediately follow with the Illucia she stole from my hand. :psyduck:

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
So... Playing lightning bloom on Forest Ward Omu will refresh your mana crystals and not give you the extra 2 mana. It will still leave you overloaded

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Flayer posted:

I guess that means the spell resolves first and then the spellburst is triggered. So Lightning Bloom adds 2 mana and then the spellburst kicks in and boosts that up to fill your mana crystals. Not very intuitive but I can see how that happens and it does follow a logical sequence of events.

...oops. Yeah that makes sense actually

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
This thread is making me want to dust all of my "meh" legendaries to try this machine gun priest... I came across one earlier in wild and it looked p. cool

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
I actually liked this week's brawl.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (5) Apexis Blast
#
AAEBAf0EA6sEwbgDgb8DAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Alternatively, incanter's/ roaring torch/ and that one card that makes your opponent draw 2 cards if you want to fatigue them. >=]

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
keeper of the grove, so I don't accidentally pull an owl with Guardian Animals. Just to make everyone hate druid a little more.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah doesn't he already have hard counters like bad luck albatross, or even shuffling primes/soul fragments into your own deck?

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Someone earlier in the thread was running 2x burrowing scorpids instead of hyenas

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Bastastic posted:

I switched out goody two shields for bronze explorer in my libram deck after someone here posted about it, and it really is massive upgrade to the deck.

Same, but I also swapped out Lightforged Crusaders for Gift of Luminance x2 (I don't have High Abbess). The dream is to reclaim librams when a minion gets sapped or silenced. I don't know if it's "good" but it is satisfying. Crusaders seem too slow/random for me. Seems I usually have too many cards in hand to play one.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, every once in a while I will see a Fungalmancer that goes, say, full dragons and takes first or second. It's hilarious. But proves you need to play what's given to you instead of what you chose to play on turn one.
Also the best strat is to be lucky, I think.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
So I'm trying to hit legend for the first time; playing wild on reno/anduin priest but I'm stuck in Diamond 5 purgatory. As soon as I climb I fall back. Dying a lot to aggro decks, and druids. Although my death to King Togwaggle/Illucia deck swapping fuckery was pretty funny. Any advice?

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Played against Frost Lich Jaina flinging an endless supply of water elementals/ice blocks. By killing off her own 1/1s from Tortollian Mage. With a Coldarra drake on board. Is anything more broken?
Turns out, yes.
I played initiation to steal her drake. On Anduin.
:getin:

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Tried to get cute with Teron Gorefiend in the brawl, but his own deathrattle doesn't re-summon... anything. I did have a Tess Greymane on board (after his battlecry) and played broomstick after, so it still worked out. Played warlock and spammed a bunch of 0 and 1 cost minions mostly.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 7, 2020

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Pardot posted:

And I still don't really know how best to play Illucia. Used it well a couple of times, but a lot of time it just sat in my hand since I wasn't sure if it was a good time to play it or not.

Grats on legend! It's harder to pull off than people make it sound. But it's great when it works. Feeding bomb warriors their own bombs or stealing a mage's timewarp. Although a good mage will be sure not to let it sit in hand.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
edit: nvm. I was confused about the New Year's quest today, since it seemed a bit late :D
In other news I finally hit Dad Legend with secret mage in Wild.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

What are these mythical Tickatus decks that don't lose before turn 8?

They are the Tickatus decks my opponent plays, and never my own.

Has anyone had luck running him in a discard deck?

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

The Lord of Hats posted:

Play Wild. The low tiers are ridiculously, ridiculously soft.

The quest is only for standard

e: but I assume he has enough basic/classic cards to put a deck together for standard? Also, wait - he should have been able to claim a free "returning players" standard ready deck. I'm not sure how to do that though.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 15, 2021

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Does Ras make or break the mage deck? I played a few games with Mozaki as a substitute and went about 50-50. Lost to a chain of zoolocks and hunters.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

AnacondaHL posted:

Yes. Ras is core to all versions of Burn Mage. Sometimes you play your dormant Imprisoned Phoenix on Turn 3 exactly to threaten/actually do Ras on Turn 5 because it is game-winning.

I just took the jump and crafted Ras just to play this deck, mostly because these decks finally don't require like 5 legendaries (that I dusted when they got nerfed) to play.

Thanks. Hmm, I guess he might be my next craft. In the meantime this is still a fairly solid deck without Ras. I came across a better version of what I was playing on hearthpwn. Basically sub Ras for Mask of C'thun, with Greyworms for board clear and damage.

It's also a decent budget deck, at ~1k dust.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1377651-old-guardians-top-1000-legend-budget-mage

### BudgetElements
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Missiles
# 2x (1) Elemental Allies
# 2x (1) Lab Partner
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 1x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Arcane Explosion
# 2x (2) Confection Cyclone
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Phoenix
# 2x (2) Mana Reservoir
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (3) Gyreworm
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (7) Mask of C'Thun
#
AAECAc/6AwKk0QP73QMOuwK/A7QElgXOnQP7rAPzrwP4zAOFzQPNzgP30QP43QOM4QOH5AMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

Is Tickatus Control Warlock worth crafting? It whips my rear end every time I come up against it playing Pure Paladin but the tier lists aren't impressed by it.

Tickatus itself is a fun card (to play; not to play against) and I don't regret crafting it for casual. Wouldn't recommend it right now for standard. I thought the uncorrupted (discard from your own deck) might make it useful for Wild also. :downs: It's not.

I played a variation of the quest version sans the quest, because it's rotating. That version is depreciated now. The Galakrond/Soulciologist package had a respectable winrate on HSreplay but VS shows my experience. When you whiff you whiff hard and it's extremely frustrating. Tickatus in hand and nothing to corrupt him, or he's buried at the bottom of my deck. The other legendaries would help stall the game or create another win condition but there's usually too much aggro for it to work.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 19, 2021