Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

So Murloc Paladin is best deck in the meta?

E: nm saw the above. It is not

TURGID TOMFOOLERY fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

peer posted:

Just made it to legend with secretless highlander hunter. 75% winrate, 21-7 overall; 9-1 in my last 10; 6-0 against rogues, 4-0 against mages, 4-1 against priests. Worst matchup was warlock at 0-2. Stormhammer is nuts, Brann is nuts, Felmaw is surprisingly good. Most matches were over before I could play Alexstrasza

### highlander
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (2) Corrosive Breath
# 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
# 1x (2) Flare
# 1x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Primordial Explorer
# 1x (3) Stormhammer
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Escaped Manasaber
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
#
AAECAZ/DAx6oArUD4QSAB8UI2wnmlgP8owPkpAOmpQOEpwOKrQOLrQOOrQP5rgP8rwP+rwOHsAPnsAP/sAOCsQOFsQORsQPYsgOEtgOvtwPOuAODuQOiuQP/ugMAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I have no idea how you made it to legend but congrats. I’ve lost to all but one DH. And spell Druid seems unfavorable as well.

Fun deck though

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Why is it considered easier to get legend in wild than standard?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

DNK posted:

Made standard legend with Face Hunter. 0 legendaries required (although 2 epic cards are).

Final run was nonstop Galk Rogue and Tempo DH. I think I played those matchup like 10 times at rank Diamond 1.

### Face Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
#
AAECAR8AD6gCtQPJBJIF7Qb+DOyWA/OnA/uvA/yvA4WwA864A6S5A/a6A/+6AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mulligan vs Everyone: Toxic Reinforcements > Leper Gnome > Phase Stalker > Scavenger’s Ingenuity > Eaglehorn Bow.

Mulligan vs DH: keep explosive trap. It absolutely destroys them. Do not play it early (turn 4 is about right). It’s your only way to keep their board in check, but it also absolutely crushes them.

Gameplay: Go Face. Always use all your mana every turn (including pinging their face with rapid fire / arcane shot). All games will be over before turn 10.

Doing the lords work :)

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Is metastats.net worthwhile? I always see people reference hsreplay.net stats here.

But metastats lets you filter and search without paying :)

TURGID TOMFOOLERY fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 30, 2020

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Is there any tangible difference in rewards (like the cardback) between getting legend in wild v standard?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Regalingualius posted:

Nope! Your end-of-month rewards are determined by whichever format you attained the highest rank in, but otherwise they’re practically exactly the same.

Regalingualius, my friend, thank you.

Looks like it’s wild secret mage for me!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

AnacondaHL posted:

### Control Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Rampage
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Bomb Wrangler
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAQcC0gLerQMOFhyQA9QE1AjSpQP1qAPcqQPdrQOktgOrtgO7uQPAuQOcuwMA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/3FGmgQPZevRIjIsw2kA7ob/

This is the recommended version at below-legend because Priest is far more prevalent, and having 3 charge finishers gives you a chance to win.

vs. DH the 27 card core is what matters. You mulligan differently for DH, keeping Skipper/Armorsmith and even Livewire Lance in your starting hand.

I’m eager to try this out.

Made it back to Diamond. And it’s been nothing but DHs and Rogues.

I’m gonna try and git Gud :)

Concerned though, it’s way higher skill requirement than the aggro DH and fave Hunter I’ve been playing.

Maybe I should just stick with those.

Who knows. I want to get legendary.

E: wait. If I’m D10, and assuming I have a 55% win rate... does that mean I would have to play 300 games to hit legend?

10 ranks, 3 stars each = 30 stars. For every 30 games I win 16.5 and lose 13.5. So a net of 3 games. So I’d have to play 30 x 10 = 300 games to reach legend on average?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 2, 2020

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

^ Looks like an interesting warrior list.

I made it back to Diamond R5. Debating if I should try and continue the DH rocket, or give that warrior deck a shot.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

AnacondaHL posted:

Against aggro, Risky Skipper + Armorsmith is the wombo combo, yes

Here's an example of grinding through early aggression AND double Priestess:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/AKy6qW2s4TfkLBTb9ueixf

Otherwise, boost damaged minions with Inner Rage + Rampage, and use weapons to control the board or hit face

Here's an example in an unfavored Mage matchup where I just had to Go For It (also Inner Rage + both Korkrons are in the bottom 6(!!) cards of my deck):
https://hsreplay.net/replay/o9bdqZ8oJvJxfb4zDYfv36

Otherwise you're a combo deck, setting up the Korkron + Inner Rage + Bloodsworn charge combo

What’s enrage warriors plan vs Galakrond Rogue? That’s the only matchup I’m having trouble wrapping my head around.

Otherwise it’s a really fun deck and there’s always something more to learn.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

AnacondaHL posted:

On one hand, this may be one of the worst environments to use Tracking, as Hunter has two top-tier tutoring effects (Phase Stalker and Scavenger's Ingenuity), i.e. things that actually don't care about cards being on the bottom of the deck but DO care if they are removed from your deck.

On the other hand, Tracking is still one of Hunter's best cards, since after you've thinned the deck and tutored to your liking, you can go even further and remove those 1-drops and early game plays, making your topdecks very robust to have high impact (find face damage for lethal).

Tracking is like a 100% Spike card, where the joy playing it comes from incremental advantage gained from optimizing statistical percentages. It plays differently and has different roles in all current Hunter decks: Face Hunter, Dragon Hunter, Highlander Hunter, and weird unicorn OTK Hunters.

Also, MeatiHS has an infographic on how to play Risky Skipper in Engrage Warrior :

https://twitter.com/MeatiHS/status/1258370573589192704

Nice. Thanks for the link. I made it up to D3.3 before plummeting back down to D4.1 over like 3 hours. Frustrating.

I keep getting so close to legend then falling down, I freaking want it.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Did somebody say meme shaman?

### What the Muck
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 1x (2) Witch's Brew
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (4) Hex
# 1x (4) The Fist of Ra-den
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (8) Plagued Protodrake
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
#
AAECAaoIBMWZA9+pA+a3A4/OAw2UA/UE/gWyBq2RA4+UA9u4A5O5A/O7A+DMA83OA6zUA/DUAwA=
#

This is good content

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Did the patch help totem shaman to be competitive?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Sloppy posted:

What's your list?

Post the list!!!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Totem deck is fun. I rocketed up to Diamond 5 with like 75% win rate.

Once I hit D5 though I started running into try hards with top decks. And yeah, Shaman totem is clearly weaker than a bunch of the top tier decks.

Still, really fun deck.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Welp made legend for the second time ever and it was way faster than the first time.

Highland hunter face is nuts.

17-3 from D5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Goons Are Great posted:

What list are you running? I barely got to play this month and feel bad for not giving the game the attention it hardly deserves.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/hunter-decks/highlander-hunter/

AAECAR8eqAK1A8cDhwSXCNsJ/gz8owOfpQOmpQP5rgP7rwP8rwOHsAOiuQP/ugPWvgPXvgPevgPDzAPczAObzQOizgPhzgOC0APG0QO50gPj1AOL1QP21gMAAA==

Only difference is I didn’t have the Legendary Kreen. In its place I put in the one mana “discover a death rattle, next DR you play costs one less”