Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

AnacondaHL posted:

Finally crafted some Magic Carpets to play Swidz's take on Gallon's DiscoZoo, which is a way more budget-friendly version (no need for Teron + Ebonlocke).

And holy poo poo does this deck smash face, it has some really thought-provoking and deep lines of play, all with that classic Zoo feel. Probably because it's like 2 decks mashed together: one where you try to setup unfair tempo with Imprisoned Scrap Imp, and one where you try to generate ridiculous value with Hand of Guldan. Each plan technically works separately and are capable of winning alone, but when the plans align you become a goddamn monster.

### DiscoZoo
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4w9QXOB8IIiJ0DtZ8D/aQDvaYD/acD+a4DsLYDtbkDtrkDx7kDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Rode this from D5 floor to legend today, thanks! I had a draw on my first final boss because soulfire hit the 1/9 odds for discarding Hand of Guldan and fatigued me to death :argh:

Edit: there's like 10k people in legend, is that normal or a result of the ladder changes?

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

fanny packrat posted:

I played a really similar list and couldn't go anywhere with it. What's your mulligan strategy? I was going hard for the imp; is it better to shoot for the discard/draw combo?

I'd keep 1 Imp or Battle Mage, then chuck everything else looking for Hand. If I was on coin and had Imp I'd keep a Sidekick too.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

fanny packrat posted:

I played a really similar list and couldn't go anywhere with it. What's your mulligan strategy? I was going hard for the imp; is it better to shoot for the discard/draw combo?

Actually I quoted the wrong guy to thank, this was the deck I used:

### Zoo Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Fiendish Servant
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Magic Carpet
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvyjA96+Aw4wiAX1Bc4Hwgi1nwP9pAP9pwP5rgOwtgO6tgO1uQO2uQPHuQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Shockeh posted:

I feel like that about DH now. If you give me a deck that just shits on them for free, but loses to everything else, I’d happily play it; And it says a lot that if you do try to make that deck, it’ll still go ‘lol no’ with regularity above variance rates to Altruis/Priestess/Skull.

Same. 53% of my ranked match opponents today, according to Deck Tracker. I'm so over it.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Even now that it's 'balanced' it's still lovely and unfun to play as or against.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

NorgLyle posted:

Oh are we talking about Priest again?

I almost added 'I'd prefer a priest meta over this'

Which is true.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

Think I will give up on this pirate warrior thing. It's the deck me or the meta but I'm always one turn short.

Interested in Highlander hunter but not too thrilled about crafting 3 more legendaries. Maybe I'll just go back to face hunter.

Also re: all the priests. Ya people are monsters I've run into a disproportional number from diamond 5 to D1.

I haven't played much since the Imp nerf this week but last week I was playing this Lackey Zoo deck that came from either here or Reddit, I forget. I was having mediocre success with it overall but it absolutely murdered every priest I faced.

### zoo lackey
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 2x (3) Scalerider
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBLSRA4KlA/+wA9a5Aw2NCIidA/qkA/2kA72mA52pA+WsA+ysA4exA7W5A7a5A8e5A+a+AwA=
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Goons Are Great posted:

Yeah I think most of the time ingenuity hitting the stinger shouldn't be a bad thing. My favorite part is when it hits Zixor Prime to field 4 buffed rush minions, but that only works rarely and usually the game doesn't allow waiting for that, so a buffed stinger doesn't seem like a bad alternative at all. Especially now with so many highlanders and combos around.

edit: Alright I made around 15 games with the stinger in now and I can tell, it absolutely fucks. Worst case ever was it being a useless buffed card in my hand as I couldn't get to play it due to massive enemy board presence, but the potential alone was worth holding onto it and it was just one game. In almost every other game with it, I got to play it usefully, stole a DH's Kayn, took a priest's Veilweaver, took another hunter's Brann, took two (2) VanCleefs in late game leading to instant concedes, plus I stole a zephrys and an alexstrasza using a buffed stinger from two highlander mages.
From my hunter list I swapped out the obligatory evasive feywing as the stinger so far always got hits and absolutely always stayed on the board for at least two turns, making it a really solid value minion, too. Amazing card, never want to miss ruining someone else's combo again.

What's your list?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have any advice on when I'm supposed to be playing the Puzzle Box in a Mage Highlander deck?
I'm kind of treating it as an absolute last resort option and because of that it feels like a mostly dead card in my deck.

I drop asap unless I'm ahead on board or have a full hand.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Look, you’re amongst friends, you can just say you’re buying rank, nobody is going to hold it against you.

First thought: People do that?
Second thought: Of course they do that.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty much nerd rock bottom.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

teacup posted:

To play devils advocate I really like it and it makes the video game fun

Edit: to be fair my main point would actually be that ship has long sailed from hearthstone so embrace it

This is my general flow chart post Dragons:

Are you drunk? Y/N

If yes, play Hearthstone, it's funny and wacky

If no, play Runeterra, it will be hard to play when you're drunk later

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Elysium posted:

LOL I actually loving did it, I rode Yogg to Legend. I started out in literally “you have never played wild ladder” bottom tier, and took this deck allllll the way. I made this 100% without looking at any other decks, including not knowing all the cards my opponents might have had from the past 4-5 expansions that I’ve never bothered to look at while not playing Ladder ever. The changes to the deck were actually pretty minor from beginning to end. I started with a lot more cheap spells and Kael’thas but dropped him after not that long, and dropped most of the cheap spells when I decided to add Geist (because gently caress Your Larger Man!) I swapped in the weapon hate late after a string of face decks with weapons and then almost never used them.

From 3 to Legend I won something like 9/10 games.

This man knows how to Hearthstone. Taking it for a spin!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Cool 40k dust deck there bud

Should have bootstrapped from beta harder, lazy poor.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Elysium posted:

LOL I actually loving did it, I rode Yogg to Legend.

In my third game with this deck I managed to get off 3 Puzzle Boxes in a single turn when the first one summoned a copy of Vargoth. Still lost though, in part because my sweet Brann/Alexstrasa combo failed because I forgot I had shuffled three Solarian Primes into my deck. A+++, superfun.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Cool interactions (well, it sucked for me) I wasn't expecting:

A) If Solarian Prime kills Sylvanas and she steals him, the rest of his random spells are cast by the Sylvanas player

B) If one of those spells is Evocation, they keep them all until the end of their next turn (which makes sense given the card wording, but still caught me by surprise)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Just had a DQ Alexstraza give me two Deathwings. :psyduck:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Fenarisk posted:

gently caress this game and gently caress DH especially. I shouldn't heal 24 health in a game, have 2 taunts up, and, and still die because Kayn is a card that should have never been printed.

I was listening to Celestalon on Coin Concede the other day and it was really a bummer how pleased and unconcerned he seemed about DH. Maybe only the complainers are loud but I haven't really heard anyone express happiness about DH and the effects he's had on the game.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Tin Tim posted:

Sideway nerf to puzzlebox

E: Also slightly cuts the mana cheat on power of creation/deep freeze but mainly box

Fixing what's not broken imo

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Sure, it happens maybe 1 game in 10 max, and often wrecks you in the process since your hand is still full at that point. Puzzlebox mage is hardly a dangerous deck.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I've fantasized they'd kill off the Hunter class for years, I guess DH is their way of doing that *monkey paw curl*

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

kaesarsosei posted:

Speaking of Wild - Spreading Plague crashes the game after the latest patch. Not sure what the win/loss outcome of that is (I assume a 'draw') but in theory it means Druids can't lose now since they can chose to cancel the game (most Druid decks run 2xSP).

I noticed this earlier and was able to rejoin each time. I didn't consider that it was crashing the game for the druid too. This was also my first time seeing Linecracker Druid in action. Anyone know if Zeph would give you Platebreaker in that situation? I had two Zephs in hand but my board was full of minions that Reno summoned and I had no way to clear them.

Edit: vvvv Oh, right, duh

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 31, 2020

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

kaesarsosei posted:

You literally posted the number one deck in the Wild Format. Not saying it isn't fun (I have never played it).

Sure is boring to play against though, and it's loving everywhere.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I usually save up 4-5000 gold, then just run Arenas for the first month or so of an expansion or until I run out of gold. By then I have enough cards/dust for a few meta decks to play on ladder while I save up for the next expansion. Honestly though I mostly just gently caress around in Wild with gimmick decks these days. Blizzard's been scummy enough lately I don't really want to give them money.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Tilt is real when their Shivarra clears your board and doesn't touch theirs to give them the win. Goddammit, this was a great Arena deck.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

Where does my money go/what's the best route to get useful Wild stuff from here? I honestly have zero idea what I have from most of the old sets so Legendary crafting/dusting recommendations will be super useful. I'm aiming for a complete set because i'm crazy.

How'd you generate that list? That's cool.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I figured I’d give this a try, despite not having Mirror, Murozond, or mindflayer.

I queued into a priest mirror that was running highlander, the game took 35 minutes and was a lot of doing nothing. This is why people hate priest

I was late to working-from-home today because my War Crimes derivative ran into highlander. He finally gave up when we were both in fatigue and I Mind Visioned his DQA and then duplicated my whole hand. A+, would be late again.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

So thats why I keep running into priets running Pyromancer that still get completely bodied by my Painlock

What's the current hot pain list?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Acerbatus posted:

But on the other hand:

Who cares about wild?

bitch please

It's the only good Hearthstone left at this point.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

The Yoinks Priest posted earlier in the thread is sweet, hopefully the Acolyte nerf doesn't hurt too bad. Just rolled from Bronze something or other to D5 with a 63% win rate. The worst matchups were stealth Rogue and spellpower Mage.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The greatest trick that trick totem ever made is tricking people into playing it

The first time I played it single-handedly won me the game with a massive string of high rolls, and I've been unable to let it go or recapture the magic since. It's like lottery tickets

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Put it in your will: son gets Blizzard account for his great contributions to its value.

Are Hearthstone accounts even worth anything? Guess I never really thought about it. Cashing out of Everquest back in the day was almost a month's income at the time.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Semper Fudge posted:

I cut Trick Totem when I actually started winning and wanted to continue doing so.

It's fun, but bad. I swapped them out for Vessina and Fireheart, the former of which is Bloodlust with a body 90% of the time.

What's your list?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

teacup posted:

Hey what current thiefy or ridiculous card generation decks are ok on ladder atm? I’m talking mainly rogue priest or mage.

Rode this to Legend last week at a 61% win rate. It's my favorite priest deck since the deathrattle era, super evil.

### yoink priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Cleric of Scales
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 1x (3) Mindflayer Kaahrj
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 2x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Murozond the Infinite
#
AAECAa0GBIWtA46xA8i+A8jAAw2QAvYHsJED2qwDgbEDmLYDk7oDr7oD3swDy80D184D49ED/tEDAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

Res/Thief Priests on the other hand never even had a particularly high winrate. They existed just for the sake of making people miserable.

Thief priest was great in this meta, especially against paladin bs.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah, fragment DH is a good deck but never really feels annoying to fight against.

Feels like the most bullshit-stuffed deck on ladder currently to me too

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Just need to make the totem heal face again.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

About the best counter to libram paladin that I have available to me is small spell mage hoping to generate as many Devolving Missiles as I can via Magic Trick, Wand Thief, any way possible.

Yoinks Priest farms it, probably it's best meta matchup

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I thought Duels was locked behind pre-order, but apparently not!

Edit: nevermind, lol

They let you click all the way through, fuckers.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Snagged a Twitch drop last night and I gotta say, Duels is my favorite format in Hearthstone. Can't stop playing :awesome:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Get the treasure that fills your deck with 10 Scrolls of Wonder, then have one cast Survival of the Fittest on turn 2. Seemed to work great for my opponent!

I managed to hang on until turn 6 or 7, which was pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

Duels and Battlegrounds 18.6.1 patch notes up

ninja edit: HUGE update for BGs

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23554838/18-6-1-patch-notes

Seems that is real bad for Shaman in Duels, we'll see.