Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Made standard legend with Face Hunter. 0 legendaries required (although 2 epic cards are).

Final run was nonstop Galk Rogue and Tempo DH. I think I played those matchup like 10 times at rank Diamond 1.

### Face Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
#
AAECAR8AD6gCtQPJBJIF7Qb+DOyWA/OnA/uvA/yvA4WwA864A6S5A/a6A/+6AwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Mulligan vs Everyone: Toxic Reinforcements > Leper Gnome > Phase Stalker > Scavenger’s Ingenuity > Eaglehorn Bow.

Mulligan vs DH: keep explosive trap. It absolutely destroys them. Do not play it early (turn 4 is about right). It’s your only way to keep their board in check, but it also absolutely crushes them.

Gameplay: Go Face. Always use all your mana every turn (including pinging their face with rapid fire / arcane shot). All games will be over before turn 10.

DNK fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I think that entire deck is pretty optimized. You could add that legendary but it’s likely taking away from the deck overall.

The deck no mech synergy and Dragonbane is basically a 6 mana card since it requires a hero power on the turn it’s played. The mana curve for that deck is like an average of 2.1; you can’t throw early-game dead draws with high mana costs into it and expect it to win more.

e: every card in that deck does direct face damage somehow (or supports the deck doing more guaranteed face damage). Dragonbane could go face, but it also could whiff when a kobold sandtrooper would just straight-up do 3 face for 2 less mana. You could maybe cut the 4-drop rushers, but they have great synergy with the porcupines and good synergy with leper gnomes and they clear taunts. Basically, go for it but I don’t think it’ll meaningfully improve the deck and it’s a legendary to boot.

DNK fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 28, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

teacup posted:

I’m an idiot, what do you mean here.

Also the hunter deck is good. With the arcane shots and twinspell shots etc am I literally meant to go face with everything? Minions too? Like ignore the board unless absolutely have to?

At worst it’s a 1-drop 1/3 which is a very premium statline. Against DH that minion can allow you to kill their growing 1/2 dude and/or several of their 3/2’s. I do think it’s one of the weaker cards in the deck, but it has its place, and there aren’t many other really fantastic 1-drops.

Re: going face: generally yes. Playing for board control is silly since you mostly want your minions to die. Let the opponent try to control the board.

There are rare occasions where arcane shotting some 5/2 whatever or double rapid-shotting some 1-health minions would prevent them from having lethal on you next turn (forcing them to play for board control and gives you another turn to draw kill command for your lethal)... but that’s the exception, not the rule. Mana efficiency is a large part of why that deck wins. By turn 5 you should have spent 15 mana doing face damage. Your opponent probably floated 4 of that and used that mana to draw cards or something. That’s your advantage.

I won a LOT of matches with exact lethal on turn 8 when the opponent just set up a humongous taunt-wall / board. One more turn and they’d play that _______ and gain 7 health/armor while sitting behind that huge taunt wall. Squeezing in chip damage in prior turns is what sets up those squeak-by wins.

DNK fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 28, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Been messing around a lot with this deck I made, I suspect there should be an optimized version somewhere but other than a link to that I'd love to hear anyones thoughts.

Freezing trap seems really bad in a phase stalker deck. That trap pretty often does nothing in the current meta: there are a LOT of 1-cost 1/1s and 2/1s being played. Hitting any other trap is more guaranteed early-game punch, and that appears to be a weakness. Your deck has plenty of value; it just needs to get there.

e: replace with draw / cycling / removal in order to get your value engine going

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Always keep Zeph unless you’re not playing highlander (because your deck draws itself so quickly).

It’s the best card in the game at all points in the game.

GTO posted:

I hold him against aggro when playing a deck without much early game and lots of end game (mage) and pass in the opposite scenario (rogue).

Yeah this works, too. Generally highlander decks are more on the slow side, so that’s why I said always keep. If your deck is already quite aggressive and you’re playing vs control, then maybe dump him.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Read tracking as “Discover a card in your deck. Draw it.” instead of whatever else it says.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

Nemsy the warlock alt hero is free from the store in HS right now so go grab it in case it's a mistake!

Thanks!

Other tip that others may not know: search “extra” in your collection to find duplicates — including goldens! The default disenchant respects golden copies; “extra” will find them.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It’ll only offer flare if your opponent has at least 2 secrets. If it’s 1 secret Zeph doesn’t give a poo poo. That’s my experience.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Galakrond Priest: RNG minions with boardclear spells, sign me up.

Galakrond Priest Mirrors: gently caress my life. every match is decided by fatigue and who thoughtstole more Soul Mirrors, Primes, and/or additional Galakronds. Bonus: each turn is roping because both players are trying to figure out how to manage a 10-card hand without playing anything.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Use the Sathrovarr / Prime combo with the deathrattle demons and Betrug. Make sure you don’t have poo poo demons. I think it’s pretty easy to have low-curve non-demons and high-curve demons, tho.

Play prime —> Sarthrovar it. Either getting hit by the discount or your opponent allowing the prime / proto-prime to stick for one turn is enough. That requires like 4 full silence + board-clears.

e: bonus is that betrug+plot twist can pull your proto-prime for even more demon craziness. I think you can almost guarantee this if you hold the proto-prime until you have a thinner deck (in controlish matchups).

DNK fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 26, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I seriously doubt a majority of the lobby is using 3rd party anything below 8k.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Galk priest tip: Sathrovarr is a pretty great tech card for control matchups — especially mirror matches. You can discount it to 8 pretty easily with Fate Weaver and potentially like 6 with generated Fate Weavers.

Sathrovarring your Prime for massive board presence or your proto-prime for fatigue protection are both super viable. It’s definitely a dead draw in a lot of matchups, but the deck doesn’t really suffer from it and it bumps your control / fatigue winrate up significantly.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Spell Druid has a large number of highrolls possible AND can exploit opponent lowrolls. It’s usually win hard / lose hard kinda deck.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

My brawl deck is currently some hunter thing that casts spells for HP and is filled with call of the wild and that 6 mana twinspell 5/5 rusher thing.

Also the hero power is 1 mana +1/+1 to all minions everywhere. I’ve won like 5 games in a row on turn 3.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Wild and crazy hooktusk balance patch idea: discover 2 instead of discover 3.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

### dnk's big deck
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Boom Squad
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Sword and Board
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (3) Bladestorm
# 1x (3) Bulwark of Azzinoth
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 1x (3) Ramming Speed
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 1x (4) Molten Breath
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Scrap Golem
# 2x (7) Evasive Drakonid
# 1x (8) Deathwing, Mad Aspect
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (9) Archivist Elysiana
# 2x (10) Dimensional Ripper
#
AAECAQcI0gLWmQOGnQPbrQPfrQP/tAO+uQP5wgMLS6IE/weWlAP1qAOXrQOltgO4uQPAuQPNvgP2wgMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Replace Archivist Elysiana with +1 Ramming Speed if you want to make it better against aggro but worse against control mirrors.

I’ve been playing this list for ~15 games now, and it’s both unique AND good! I feel a little shy about sharing it since I don’t want to see it everywhere, but also I gotta gush about it...

This is an extremely meta control warrior deck that’s entirely spells + lackey weapons + huge minions. Your optimal mulligan is, like: Sword and Board + Bladestorm + Ramming Speed + Corsair Cache

Just sit back, hero power, and keep the board clean until you can start dropping fat taunts.

Dimensional Rippers: in aggro matchups, these guys are either summoning taunts or rush/chargers (or Argus who will then cast it 2 more times). That’s usually a good enough play on its own, and if they don’t have answers it’s where you start winning. The occasional ripper after you’ve put Kargath Prime in your deck is supremely juicy. In control matchups, they’re insane value, and MOST control decks are optimized to deal with swarms of minions, not big fatties.

Bulwark of Azzinoth: honestly a really good card — especially if you have a taunt wall up. Playing that guy while sitting on 6 health just feels good — they need to hit you four times and THEN do more damage?! Unlikely. Also it can get pulled by Corsair Cache for 5 hits.

I’ve enjoyed playing it, and I hope someone else does too.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

If you still play this game friend me up. I’ve had a spectate and challenge quest sitting around for over a week because no one else on my friends list still plays this game.

dnk#1107

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Rattlegore would be sick with my stall warrior running Dimensional Rippers. It desperately needs some kind of value / kill threat combo, and that’d do it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

There was also this revealed:

Could be a very strong Tempo card? Depends how consistently you can have a decent weapon out (also guessing this was a small reason behind the Corsair's Cache nerf).

Will drawing this proc the rogue quest? Seems... decent. Not OP, but 4/4 + random 3 for 4 is pretty good.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I guess rogue may have some additional reason to run deadly poison now. They’re rather low on weapon buffs in general — especially compared to other metas — come to think of it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It’s real

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Mage Hunter is a pretty good counter to the whelps.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I hope the card’s real name is “Spell Damage Mage”.

Next card they reveal should be a 10/10 charger for 10 called “Big Warrior”. (In jest, the real problem with that card would be evolve effects, not actually being played.)

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Rattlegore has won the game for me every time its landed. That card cannot be dealt with; no one has ran both silence AND removal.

So far 2-1 against aggro rogue with this

### Ripper Control v2
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Boom Squad
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Sword and Board
# 1x (1) Whirlwind
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (3) Bladestorm
# 1x (3) Bulwark of Azzinoth
# 1x (3) Livewire Lance
# 1x (3) Ramming Speed
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 1x (4) Reaper's Scythe
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (7) Commencement
# 1x (8) Deathwing, Mad Aspect
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
# 1x (9) Rattlegore
# 1x (10) Dimensional Ripper
#
AAECAQcK/ASWlAPWmQP1qAPbrQPfrQO+uQP5wgPjzAOr1AMKS6IE/weltgO4uQPAuQP2wgPizAOnzgPS0QMA
#

Bulwark continues to impress. Seriously; that card easily saves like 12-20 damage every time I've played it. For 3 mana it's an incredible stall tool.

e: I tried running Lord Barov, but swapped him out for Whirlwind. Pulling him with Commencement or Ripper feels insanely bad, and playing him is awkward. Whirlwind gets the job done.

Basically anything you do with Vargoth is crazy value. If he's in your hand you can Vargoth + Athletic Studies for a 2 mana discounted rush minion next turn (one of which you picked). Shield Block, Boom Squad, Bladestorm, even Sword and Board is good. And, of course, pulling him with Commencement or Dimensional Ripper is nutty.

DNK fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 6, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Tempo Mage is super fun. I routinely blow through like 7 cards a turn every turn once I hit 5 mana or so. Potion of Illusion with Sorc Apprentice and Wand Thief is insanely good.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Literally every opponent in diamond 10 through 5 is aggro paladin.

Here’s my tempo mage deck that can beat them — but warning! It’s not a hard counter, and it’s maybe one of the hardest decks to pilot in the game. The good news is that it’s crazy fun!!!

### Tempo
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Lab Partner
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 1x (1) Mirror Image
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Chenvaala
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (8) Mana Giant
#
AAECAf0EBu0FvAj4rAPFuAONuwPl0QMMqwTmBJ+bA+KbA/+dA/usA/2sA/jMA4XNA83OA6TRA/fRAwA=
#

Again, this deck probably goes 45% vs aggro paladin. I think you could cut Solarian and Chenvaala if you had to — swap for a mirror image and frost nova. Evocation is absolutely mandatory and, frankly, in all your “discover a spell” poo poo, evocation is an instapick.

Only 1x potion of illusion because drawing two feels insanely bad, and it’s not a combo deck.

Ras and Mozaki are way too slow against this paladin swarm bullshit and will eat up a draw and take hand space that could have been used for more evocation spells.

Mulligan for Sorc Apprentice and maybe keep Arcane Intellect. Violet Spellwings are great opening hand cards. The lab partners are combo cards: cast it with Cram Session or use with generated spells (arcane explosion, combustion, etc) in order to clear the board.

If you’ve read this far, while typing this out I’m wondering why I don’t tech in devolving missiles. That poo poo seems pretty good vs paladin. Probably better than Solarian!

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I don’t think you need a complete collection to qualify. You need to prove that people want to see / listen / engage with you.

Have you tried reposting any of the matches on YouTube? Just edit the videos with gameplay commentary and maybe a tiny bit of analysis / fluff. Get 5000 organic subscribers. That’s some credentials — and a lot of work! I’m sure people search YouTube for “BoarControl vs Rdu HS Grandmasters” and don’t really give a gently caress which channel it pops up on. Just make sure to not lose them in the first 5 seconds.

To answer your question: probably around $150 per expansion assuming you buy both bundles. That will give you every common and rare with most epics and enough dust to finish out the legendaries.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

First day of school needs to be 1 mana.
Libram of Wisdom needs to be 3 mana.

I think those two nerfs would be Enough.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

*primal scream*

YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://ibb.co/2K1C3C8

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I love turtle mage, and it’s bad, but I Don’t Care

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

noooo god please no, no, NOOOOO

Yesssss :getin:

I just had a game where I got to play Solarian Prime 5 or 6 times and I had infinite more of him in my hand. How can that NOT be awesome.

I filled up the board with 7 Desert Obelisks against a libram paladin who did not know what the gently caress was going on. It’s glorious.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

But do you like... turtles?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I feel like I’m the only one playing Turtle mage and I’m just crushing everyone. To be fair, it’s a crazy puzzle of a deck to pilot — hand management gets nutty and you do have to remember the order that you played minions on the board pretty intently — but it seems too powerful for me to be the only one doing it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Yoooo Turtle Mage mirrormatches are 10D chess as all hell. Hand management is so loving nutty you better have your sim city down pat before attempting to Mess With Me. I will frost nova your board until you’re unable to play any minions and gamble on at-worst outlasting you by not playing Polkeit until Sphere.

This other dude Was Not Prepared to deal and he just quit once I had his entire board positions 1-5 choked with 1/1 Spiteful Smiths he was forced to copy.

Actually piloting this against someone else who knew what they were doing would be insane lategame hell like the Archivist Boomsday control warrior matchups were.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I’m literally 20-3 with turtle mage. I’ve played two mirrors and they were delightful because it was obvious the other player had no idea wtf was happening.

Pro tip: if you find yourself in a mirror, keep your board COMPLETELY OPEN leading up to the Tortolan turn. You absolutely need your minion slots 1 and 2 to be tortolans. If you can get your opponent to stick some dumbass minion in their 1/2 slot, just spam frost nova forever. They cannot generate more tortolans without clearing those spots, but they’re also incapable of clearing those spots on their own.

Take your tortolan-fu seriously.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Just hit legend this season exclusively playing turtle mage. Final score was something like 30-5. I won 3/3 mirror matches during that climb, and I’m really surprised I didn’t see more turtle mage considering how absurdly powerful it is.

Then again, it’s an insane deck. It plays more like one of those Boomsday puzzle scenarios than a standard game of hearthstone... which is why I love it. I also love it for the soul-crushing inevitable doom that I get to inflict upon others.

Oh? You think I want to kill your minions? Mwahahahhaa. Prepare to be infinitely frozen. Your minions will choke up your board until you’re forced to pass every turn with 10 cards in hand while I spam Khartut Defenders and Turtles FOREVER.

One of those losses was due to Solarian: he cast Puzzle-Box of Yogg which then sprinted twice and then cast overflow. Dude managed to put me on the edge of fatigue when the other guy had, like, 10 cards left. It woulda been such an easy win if I just spammed Khartuts and Novas, but you gotta live a little.

e: and the deck is strong enough to just win games flat-out without ever leaning on the turtle combo, too. Jandice Barov is a very powerful 5-drop, folks.

### Reaver Turtle
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Earthen Ring Farseer
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (3) Frost Nova
# 2x (3) Imprisoned Observer
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 2x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (5) Sunreaver Warmage
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 2x (8) Tortollan Pilgrim
#
AAECAf0EBvMM05gDjbsDj84D2dED9tYDDIoByQPLBKGhA4ukA/KlA8O4A/jMA6TRA+XRA/7RA4vVAwA=
#

DNK fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 25, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You're a bad person

:getin:

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Elementals look awesome. I hope they just add them and change it to 2 banned tribes per game. Or maybe randomly 1 or 2 banned tribes per game.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Elementals would still be good if Djinn was just removed entirely. A sensible nerf would be to force his deathrattle pool to 4-star or lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

4 mana 5/5 rush is solid. Hell, a 5/5/5 rush is fair. That’s a good card.