Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Toshimo posted:

My experience has been that unless you have very specific class/unit combos (Deryl/Pyramad/Reno, mostly), the best choice is almost always to take the best stats available to you at each given point until 5 and let your T5 units inform the rest of your build. Stay healthy, keep strong lategame stuff (Bronze Warden, Spawn of Nzoth, Deflect-o-Bot), keep GOOD doubles, but aggressively tavern (on 4/7/10, sooner if you have a bad tavern and can sell a bad unit). Keep strong synergies, but don't focus on "a build" until you see what T5 gives you. Stuff like Bran, Baron, and Lightfang are strong enough to bring up medium units, but if you don't hit them, you are better off having generically good stuff and high health so you can start shopping for T4/5s that will carry you like Goldrin/Razorgore/Hydra/Drakonid.

This is an A+ post and I’m going to end up reading it again, probably multiple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I feel like Reno was made for Soul Juggler, Herald of Flame, or Security Rover

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Nothing in this game is more fun than running spell mage and having a Solarian Prime generated by Font of Power pull Yogg-Box as one of his five random "target enemy when possible" spells. It's a galactic instance of "nah, gently caress YOU".

It’s awesome but Solarian’s effect does not work with Yogg Box, as he is the RNG god and cannot be tamed by such mere words. Targeted effects, frostbolt fireball polymorph pyroblast, will always find an enemy target. Yogg Box will just cast its 10 spells and you keep your fingers crossed for the best

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Not just that, the majority of paladin legendaries at that point had taunt. You were all but guaranteed to get offered at least one of Wickerflame, Tirion, and Tarim.

Wickerflame, Tirion, Talim, or another Stonehill to get a new chance to high roll! Stonehill was straight up busted in odd Paladin

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Yeah zephyrs has seemed really off recently and it’s been really frustrating to not be offered some silence or weapon hate when the situation clearly calls for it.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Did super oppressive control priest start out as a meme (for this meta at least) that then morphed into half of the games I’m playing? So annoying

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

How do I roll Octosari from Conjurers Calling on a Mana Giant so freaking often. And this time I had Khadgar up too!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Fenarisk posted:

I'll take it over the Octosaris I keep getting.

You and me both dude holy poo poo

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

That Tortollan primalist desert obelisk mage deck is simultaneously the most fun thing while also being soul crushing for both the mage and the opponent. I felt bad after the 7th free board freeze in a row while also reviving OUR HOMES, OUR TOMBS over and over until I could plop down 25 random damage at the end of turn

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Olpainless posted:

It is impossible to say enough just how busted Shadow reaper and Raza are together.

Truly the most fun priest deck and probably one of the most fun decks ever. Machine Gun Priest baby

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

Survival of the fittest is a bullshit card and needs major nerfing. +8 in total to all minions on the field and in your hand is poo poo.

And deck!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Pure Paladin is cool when you take out goody and a couple others and put in copies of the two dragons.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

DNK posted:

I’m literally 20-3 with turtle mage. I’ve played two mirrors and they were delightful because it was obvious the other player had no idea wtf was happening.

Pro tip: if you find yourself in a mirror, keep your board COMPLETELY OPEN leading up to the Tortolan turn. You absolutely need your minion slots 1 and 2 to be tortolans. If you can get your opponent to stick some dumbass minion in their 1/2 slot, just spam frost nova forever. They cannot generate more tortolans without clearing those spots, but they’re also incapable of clearing those spots on their own.

Take your tortolan-fu seriously.

My favorite version is the one with the obelisks. It slowly crescendoes from a bunch of turtles casting illusions and frost novas, to a single obelisk, to three, and then oh gently caress there’s like 25-30 damage at the end of this turn and every turn hereafter

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You're a bad person

Agreed. Turtle mage needs the hammer and it could all be so easily fixed with having the turtle use the spell instead of copy it

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Cry Havoc posted:

choose dh and stick some fat demons in your deck and hope you draw the summon spell by turn four

Seems like this is the best way to go to start out with. I don’t see how they other decks can keep up with that especially if you coin it out. Hulking Overfiend and the 10/10 that steals 1/1 from each enemy minion.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Ooof does control warrior feel real lovely to play against

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Some rear end in a top hat hunter just did something rad. Scavengers Ingenuity into King Krush (only beast in the deck I reckon), did the 3 mana copy a beast in your hand, and then dropped Leoroxx or whatever the dude who summons 3 beasts from your hand is

OOF

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hahaha I thought I’d be able to actually gain a board as Paladin vs priest. gently caress me, right?? Good god resurrection spells are the worst

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Nitroboost poison might be a little too good at 1

Edit: ahh auctioneer, I see you’re back and druid is abusing you again

Santheb fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 25, 2021

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Acerbatus posted:

I keep getting blown up by turn 4. :v:

You and me both. I can’t draw right to get this deck to work. Just never falls into place and I always end up with two clowns and a colossus by turn 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Pretty mad that I just saw the pun in sand witch’s name