Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
shoutout to the absolute madman running Yogg Hunter in low Diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Ysiel seems kinda meh next to Kael'thas (at least until he finally gets nerfed)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
in the next patch they should make it so that if you're playing an aggro deck and you rope t1 you instantly lose

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Xguard86 posted:

If I play DH but am polite with my emotes, may I pass?

depends

do you rope on t1 before making the extremely difficult decision to use your hero power

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Goons Are Great posted:

Is there any deck in existence that uses Bulwark of Azzinoth?
I feel so sad that it's my first golden legendary draw in like, two expansions and no one ever uses it ever in any deck. :smith:

Dane did a video where he went infinite in Wild with Bulwark, Dead Man's Hand, Upgrade and Wondrous Wand from Zizek's treasure chest

there aren't really any OTK decks about that do massive damage in one hit, plus there's a load of weapon hate around because of DH

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

wtf I've no idea how I did that

Marin the Fox is who I meant

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
beat a Wild Big Druid by getting t1 Twig off a Swashburglar

Just Tess Things

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is Treant Druid any good? just unpacked a golden Goru and wondering if there's any point in keeping him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
well rip Secret Rogue I guess

am I right in thinking that a Rogue playing Cobalt Spellkin cannot generate Praise Galakrond?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Firebert posted:

I wonder if rogue just makes out like a bandit with these changes. I think statistically the secret package was stronger than the stealth package, but not by much and all of the bad rogue matchups got nerfed.

non-beast Face Hunter is completely untouched

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
people have been discussing making her undiscoverable but I don't think that's happened yet so your opponent may have just gotten lucky

or Warlocks can get multiple Alex with Expired Merchant

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
decided I'm gonna dust some legendaries to build myself an actual good Standard deck, which of these would people say are safe to dust? these are what I've got which don't seem to see any play even in Wild

Goru the Mightree (golden)
Lucentbark
Tyrantus
The Marsh Queen
Boommaster Flark
Sir Finley of the Sands
The Glass Knight
Chameleos
Face Collector
Hallazeal the Ascended
High Priestess Jeklik
Blood-Queen Lana'Thel
Hir'eek the Bat
Woecleaver
The Boomship
Nat Pagle
Moroes
Harbinger Celestia
The Beast (golden)
Marin the Fox
Nozdormu
Deathwing Dragonlord (golden)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how many 1-drops are there in Wild? because my res priest opponent got the same loving one drop from both my anti-res priest tech cards and I want to know exactly how mad I should be

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm only using him in Wild but I like the certainty of knowing that playing a Rogue secret with 3 mana means I'm guaranteed a Paladin secret to play on top.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't even know how people can climb with aggro and not find it soul-crushingly boring, playing basically nothing but DH for the past 6 weeks is just insanity to me

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

To be fair chump's murloc DH is bonkers and you win or lose games in under 5 minutes.

but like every game is playing the same 5-10 cards every time, you don't get to make interesting decisions or anything

I just don't understand how that's fun for anyone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I mean yeah I'm sure there's decision making going on at higher levels but 99% of the aggro I see in mid-plat Wild can be summed up as "play minions on curve, go face"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
when did they add in the ability to get Invoke cards from discovers, cause I just got Devoted Maniac from a Blazing Invocation

also if DQ Alex can't generate herself any more they should stop Mugurgle Prime from being able to generate another Mugurgle

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chernabog posted:

How does Eudora choose the minion to dig? Is it just random?

according to Trump's video on the update it's a random minion from your tier or below

e: so Pirates are pretty good

pulled off a massive power turn with 2x Captain Hoggarr and the minion that gives a Pirate +1/+1 for each Pirate bought this turn and got an easy win

even despite my generally terrible decision-making skills and Kripp-level APM

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 9, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

teacup posted:

I don’t know if she’s good in embiggen Druid as she could get costed to 11 by mistake?

Embiggen maxes out at 10.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
been playing a few BGs since Pirates were brought in but gently caress me choosing from between 2 heroes sucks absolute poo poo

the last game I had the options of Jaraxxus and Baz'hial

oh, and the game had no demons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh my god Illidan will you just shut up

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mayveena posted:

I'm not good enough to understand how the nerfs will quasi-nerf Warrior, can you explain?

Warrior is really good against DH

so by nerfing DH and reducing the number of people who'll play it they also make Warrior slightly less good overall

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the problem every single single-player adventure has is unskippable dialogue

like I can kind of see why they want you to sit through it the first time but there's literally no reason I shouldn't be able to skip the exact same voice lines after that

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
all that work for a card back?

like I know this is a free adventure but gently caress me, not even a single Classic pack?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
did a couple of runs against Plague Lords this morning and it's amazing how much more fun they were than the Ashes single-player content

like when the bosses do some ridiculous OP poo poo you can pull out your own ridiculous OP poo poo to counter them, rather than just resetting the encounter and hoping they don't do the same next time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
BGs without paying for the pass are even more P2W bullshit than constructed is

hope you like forever picking between Jaraxxus, Nefarian, Galakrond and Akazamzarak

e: on the other hand on the rare occasions you get a good hero you can usually cruise to a win since losing with all the bad heroes has tanked your MMR

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 22, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Goons Are Great posted:

Ugh, as if it wasn't bad enough that the some hero skins are just generally incapable of saying a single nice word, why does blizzard always feel the need to take away my ability to say hi for like 70% of heroes? I know Illidan and Sylvannas and whatnot are just too edgy to say hello, but even Arthas is drunkenly mumbling about lighting some fires now.

Annoy-o-tron is my eternal friend for his voice lines.

it's the midsummer festival thing

normal emotes will be back in a couple of weeks

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the deck I ran into was a Hunter one which wasn't very good except the hero power was give all friendly minions everywhere +1/+1 and you could cast it twice for free

good luck making it to turn 10 against that

and I finally beat the first heroic challenge with Gala Thief Priest, is there a decent reward for doing the rest? because if not I think I'll save the effort and not bother

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 25, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Just golden Kael’thas, apparently.

can't see myself playing Wild Miracle Druid any time soon so I probably won't bother with the rest then

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
put it back to 0 mana/1 attack and nerf Altruis so it doesn't hit face any more imo

e: having the two halves be different doesn't work for a Twin Slice really

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 30, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
as the thread's resident aggro hater it should come as no surprise that I hate the world's most aggro class which also never runs out of steam ever

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just lost a BG when an opponent's Pagle treasure chest gave them... a golden Pagle

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just played my first BG as Aranna and went for all 7 refreshes in the first 2 turns

it did not go very well

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

Most of those cards are free.

Blizz clearly made a conscious decision to release DH sooner to maximise the revenue from new/returning players rather than taking the time to balance it properly

and yeah the basic DH deck is really good but that just means that anyone who wanted to compete with it had to spend to upgrade to the top tier of whatever else they were playing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so Coin Lightning Bloom Overgrowth is a thing that's gonna happen now right?

and lol that they're still trying to make Zoo Priest a thing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

Rattlegore is good but I think the one that Summons 2 33s every turn is even better

yeah it's disgusting

the end of turn effect is worth like 3.5-4 mana (2/3rds of Greater Arcane Missiles) in the worst-case scenario where both minions attack into enemy minions and die

on an empty board it's a 12/14 which fireballs your opponent's face

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
anyone else having a problem getting the game to launch on macOS? the Battle.net launcher says "Game is running. An update is available and will be applied when the game closes."

e: fixed, updating Catalina sorted it

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 17, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mynnna posted:

Didn't even know hearthstone had addons. What is this?

it's supposed to calculate what your winning% is based on your board vs your opponent's

I don't know what it's supposed to actually achieve though beyond making clips for Trolden when someone loses a 99% chance to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Zoo wants to go face though, not trade

honestly seems like it fits better in a control-y DH so you can trade Priestess into a big thing and still keep her alive for the end of turn damage