Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So i just re-installed for Battlegrounds for the first time since the South Korea/China drama. I've been reading up on guides and tier lists and whatnot but I can't really find a concise summary of what I'm after that's even remotely up to date.

What are the key cards in each alliance that I should be looking out for in the mid game to determine which build I should go for or if I should pivot?

Like, I've read multiple times that early game, stats are King, don't force alliances, be flexible etc. but when I try this, I don't know what I'm actually looking out for and just end up meandering my way to 7th place. Or alternatively, I'll find one of those seemingly good T3/T4 cards to build my strategy around but because I haven't been forcing said alliance, they're complete weak sauce (I'm referring to those cards that are like "has +2+2 for every x of an alliance" or "every time an X dies/kills something gain +2 +2).

Also, what is/are the cards that people are getting that are making their minions poisonous? I tend to see a lot of poison Murlocs in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is there a HearthArena type site for Battlegrounds I can use to track stats in more detail than the lovely in game resource?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I played a game with Tess last night and absolutely destroyed. I think about 4 people were forcing elementals so I was making GBS threads them out. I think I tripled up Selemental droplets 4 times, the whirlwind guy 3 times, the overkill guy 3 times. It was insane.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 29, 2020

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

fisting by many posted:

As a casual f2p player it's a really bad thing.
I liked Tavern Brawl for quests because I can only afford one competitive deck. It was fun to play on even footing even if most of the brawls were pretty RNG.

I was sure this must have been a bug. What complete bullshit. I've only recently returned since Hong Kiong-Gate so I've hardly got a card that can be used in the current season so decks are impossible to make (yeah I could probably do Wild but I'm sure I'm missing a ton from that too, and it's a lot harder to Netdeck decent Wild decks. I was really hoping the new changes would have helped me build my collection into something I can actually use.

I got a fair few legendries upon returning, I might post the ones I got later so I can get some suggestions from you for decks that might be useful.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I quit when the Blitzchung thing happened. I've returned recently to play Battelgrounds which I've been enjoying. I want to make some Wild Constructed decks so i can do some of these daily quests and get some ranked rewards. I currently have 12k dust and just copied the top 18 Wild decks into the game to see what I need to craft. These are the Epic and Legendary cards I need to craft from the top 18 decks. Can I get some recommendations as to where I should be spending my dust? I'm looking for bang for buck for likeliness to stay meta relevant, fun-ness to play and likeliness to be used in multiple decks.

### Reno Priest
# 1x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained

### Aggro Druid
# 2x (0) Embiggen
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate

### Darkglare Warlock
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (2) Darkglare
# 2x (8) Flesh Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant

### Odd Paladin
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed

### Odd Rogue
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (5) Doctor Krastinov
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov

### Discard Warlock
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (2) Darkglare
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke

### Kingsbane Rogue
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (3) Cloak of Shadows

### Cube Warlock
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (5) Vectus

### Quest Mage
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Thing from Below

### Even Shaman
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe

### Reno Warlock
# 1x (2) Grizzled Wizard
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (6) Deck of Chaos
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey

### Secret Mage
# 1x (3) Rigged Faire Game
# 2x (4) Occult Conjurer
# 1x (6) Sayge, Seer of Darkmoon

### Reno Pocket Galaxy Mage
# 1x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 1x (5) Barista Lynchen
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
# 1x (7) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
# 1x (8) Tortollan Pilgrim
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
# 1x (10) The Amazing Reno

### Malygos Druid
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (4) Juicy Psychmelon
# 1x (8) Jepetto Joybuzz
# 1x (10) Aviana
# 1x (10) Kun the Forgotten King

### Galakrond Warrior
# 1x (1) Town Crier
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (4) Scion of Ruin
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley

### Big Shaman

### Big Priest
# 2x (9) Blood of G'huun

### Odd Warrior
# 2x (3) Bladestorm
# 1x (3) Lord Barov

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 1, 2020

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Finally hit 5k in Battlegrounds

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The one downside of the no-duplicate thing in packs is how difficult it has been to get dust since returning to the game. I've been playing Wild because I have none of the recent expansions but there are some key legendaries I want from the likes of Witchwood that I can't craft because everything I open is a new card. The recent announcement means I can probably get back to playing Standard pretty easily so that is good news.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to win Battlegrounds games with all the heroes I haven't won a game with yet for achievements and I need some help with the overall strategy for some:

Hooktusk: I don't understand why this costs gold. Why do I want something from a lower tier? Am I basically just using this on tokens in the first couple of tavern tiers and that's it?
Lich Baz'hial: Do I just need to high roll with this, using the hero power every chance I get and hope for an awesome late game pickup to stabilise?
Dancin' Daryl: Does anyone have any guides for this guy? I understand the strategy of buying all the minions in tavern and buffing the one one you want but in practice I fail miserably.
Sky Cap'n Kragg: I assume I want to just save this until I have 10 gold and go for a massive swing turn?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

blizzardvizard posted:

With Lich you just want to keep using your hero power from turn 1 until you don't feel comfortable with your life total, you kinda have to get a sense of this yourself as well. I generally use my coins at 8 gold to level and buy something and sometimes at 5 gold if I didn't get a token.

So you're not using your coins as you go to ramp up levels like you'd do for say Omu, you're saving them for a big swing turn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Whether to get a tavern pass this time round or not is gonna be a hard decision though, I’m at 153 on the current track which is very close to the break even point for ‘will it pay for itself’, but I dunno if I’m gonna be able to keep up the above average playtime pace of this expansion plus throwing the money down on day 1 means I’ll have less gold for packs up front.

Yeah, I'm really not sure what I'm going to do either. I need to find some sort of "they did the math" post. What exactly is the level I need on a Tavern Pass for it to pay itself off in gold/packs? I also need to consider the 10/20% XP boost I'd have if I owned it as well. What do I lose out on if I get 60pk bundle + Tavern Pass vs. Mega Bundle?

I'm at a bit of an awkward gold amount too, with about 11k in Gold. Not sure if I'm better off buying Tavern Pass with Gold or cash if I went down the 60pk+Pass route and wanted to finish at "I don't need every card but want to be able to play most of the meta-decks and have at least 1 good deck per class"

This will be the first expansion I've played properly since the "no dupes" update to card packs (I've just been buying random packs since returning at the start of the year to the point that I've got about 115/135 of each the current standard sets). Whats the math on how many pack I need to open to get a full non-legendary set (which will presumably give me, what? Half of the legendaries?)