Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Amazing- for every down there is an up, as has been well said, and today is no different because despite the danger of COVID19, Pokemeon Journeys, a new animated series is dropping on netflix.

Now to get down to brass tacks I do see some pokemon beyond the original 151 in the trailer however it appears to be tastefully done without too many weird bad ones. All our favorite friends are here including ash, along with some new characters.... And in addition to our friends we will have some old enemies: team rocket is back.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflix-snags-rights-pok-mon-animated-series-1291470

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

it's gonna suck dick

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

2 much poke man

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Shouldn’t he be in his 30s by now?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chrs posted:

Shouldn’t he be in his 30s by now?

pokemon doesn't go in real time, he's basically on Bart Simpson rules with that where he'll always be 12-14ish

e: at a further glance, this seems to actually be a semi-reboot. Ash is acting as a mentor to a new trainer, named Goh in the Japanese version (likely subject to change), who starts out pokemon-less but gets a Scorbunny within like five episodes, and the series is sorta-kinda based on Sword and Shield but seems to be using all eight of the established regions instead of just focusing on the new one.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 23, 2020

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

they should make a Rocky movie but with meowth imo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Animated Pokemon Series Dropped From Netflix

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I can't wait for the inevitable outrage when a bunch of neckbeard incels hate the show because they're 20 years outside of the target demographic and send death threats to netflix because it shows a non fanservice female or a gay person or whatever sets them off these days.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Argh! I've been inflicted with burn after a 30% chance on hit from an enemy Pokemon using Scald! I will now take 1/16th of my maximum health as damage at the end of every turn and my damage output on physical moves is halved!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Almost every Pokemon series has been on Netflix for years, so this is nothing new. Like yeah, Pokemon owns but this isn't threadworthy imo.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Looks like Team Rocket is jacking off again! :monocle:

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Why the hell does no one put clothes on their pokemon? Its disgusting. "Oh yeah hey, check out this naked thing I've got chilling in my backpack." Gross.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you've ever owned a pet you should know that 1) pets do not like wearing clothes and 2) it's hilarious when they do

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pokemon go to ADTRW

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The Fattest PI posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable outrage when a bunch of neckbeard incels hate the show because they're 20 years outside of the target demographic and send death threats to netflix because it shows a non fanservice female or a gay person or whatever sets them off these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpq-EVnWBJo

Skip to like 35 seconds in to see a theatre full of neckbeards get mad and swear at a childrens movie because Pikachu talked.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Pokemon journey to the polls

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
What eas the japanese pokmenon like? Was it sll weird snd poo poo?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Chrs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpq-EVnWBJo

Skip to like 35 seconds in to see a theatre full of neckbeards get mad and swear at a childrens movie because Pikachu talked.

DA FUQQ

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

JK Fresco posted:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

JK Fresco posted:

Reportedly it caused seizures so yeah I'm gonna guess it was pretty weird.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Look up a list of banned Pokemon episodes and theres a real variety of hosed up reasons.

mass seizures, an episode about huge titties, gun violence and black face

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

guitartorch posted:

Now to get down to brass tacks I do see some pokemon beyond the original 151 in the trailer however it appears to be tastefully done without too many weird bad ones.

I don't understand op. There are no bad pokemon to begin with

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Almost every Pokemon series has been on Netflix for years, so this is nothing new. Like yeah, Pokemon owns but this isn't threadworthy imo.

The new thing is that new episodes debut on Netflix rather than Disney XD, where it's been the past few years.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Why the hell does no one put clothes on their pokemon? Its disgusting. "Oh yeah hey, check out this naked thing I've got chilling in my backpack." Gross.

Gonna put pants on my dog before his next fight to help normalize whatever the hell I'm doing here. Also my dog has a gun or can shoot lightning or whatever at the other dog why not.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I thought pokemon was real now and voiced by Ryan Renolds, why is it a cartoon again?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Pokemon casuals who are obsessed with the original 151 and refuse to explore hundreds of very good and cool Pokemon in other generations don't understand Pokemon and its deep emotional depth.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Thanks OP, I’ll let my autistic housemate know

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
"oh no, my childhood"
-people who haven't moved on from being 12 years old

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
There's a dude that did a speedrun of some pokemon games and got the world record times of being just barely above 20 hours and then did it again and got just barely below 20 hours for a different world record lol

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

this is bullshit the series belongs on amazon prime!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what? its not on kids WB anymore? :thunk:

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

so? im going to download it via torrent anyway. i prefer the original japanese + that way i can add it to the anime collection on my hard drive.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Pokemon casuals who are obsessed with the original 151 and refuse to explore hundreds of very good and cool Pokemon in other generations don't understand Pokemon and its deep emotional depth.

True, but Magikarp is still the best.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Pikachu is the least good Pokémon Ash could’ve picked as a starter. It evolves into a slightly bigger rat? Why not go with a gently caress off flying dragon or a gigantic turtle with cannons coming out of its back? Even the actual rat Pokémon has crazy sharp teeth and probably spreads the plague :psyduck:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Les Os posted:

Pikachu is the least good Pokémon Ash could’ve picked as a starter. It evolves into a slightly bigger rat? Why not go with a gently caress off flying dragon or a gigantic turtle with cannons coming out of its back? Even the actual rat Pokémon has crazy sharp teeth and probably spreads the plague :psyduck:

He slept late and that poo poo was all professor oak had left when he finally god his idle rear end out of bed god pay attention

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Fattest PI posted:

Good thing none of us are like those other guys amiright!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Les Os posted:

Pikachu does 3x effective damage to both the dragon and the turtle hth