Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

on his way out the door, Llany pauses for a moment and fumbles in one of his pockets. he pulls out a scrap of paper and hands it to the barkeeper

"i had some Ideas this morning about some new drinks you could make here? you can use some of the meat drippings from your menu items to make these drinks" (he gestures to the paper) "much more potent for only a small increase in material cost! also if you filter these drinks" (he points at another list) "through any spare orcs livers you've got, the drinks don't actually lose any potency, pick up some interesting flavours worth Experimenting with, and then the orc livers are a lot more tender!"

he blinks for a moment, flips the paper over and quickly scribbles a diagram on it. some kind of reverse osmosis setup?

"also this idea isn't done but here's a picture and maybe you can finish it, thank you for your hospitality!"

biosterous fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

six!

biosterous

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone present roll a 20!

15!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 15, 2020

biosterous

After you disclose this information to Dorg, he says "Oh, well THAT'S convenient!" and motions the group to follow him. Dorg has anyone who is willing to lend a hand, and directs everyone to the kitchen. There are long boards, 5 feel long but only about 2 feet wide, 6 in all- pre-filled covered up and piled somewhat high with food stuffs and some other things.

Dorg intends to stuff them all inside your crossbow...

To the amusement of everyone, each board slides right into the crossbow space, filling it up nicely with a variety of fresh food, drink, medical supplies, and some other things you didn't dare to ask about, because none of you have ever seen a rocket launcher before.

"Now I think we're ready to do this thing!" Dorg says. At that, the Party heads out the door. You walk out to the road, head South, and journey toward the ruins of Fort Wunny.

Everyone roll a 20!

1! heck

(wait was 1 a reroll number? if so, next number is 18)

on his way out of the kitchen Llany sees if he can grab some common kitchen chemicals, like vinegar and baking soda and salt!

(19 if you want a roll for this)

biosterous

although he appreciates Dorg's kind gesture, Llany would actually prefer walking in the rain, so he hangs back a few feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQg1AS_94U&t=160s

> rolling 1d20: 7

biosterous

16!

biosterous

Llany takes some vials of stuff and tries to mix them to make a nice scent that covers up all the mildew-and-evil smell

(12)

biosterous

on the approach, Llany takes some time to study the architecture. anything weird? particularly foreboding? any spots that look like they could easily be... displaced, with maybe some... chemical persuasion? or the explosive kind, y'know, just in case?

(13 to check out architecture)

biosterous

Llany is at what appears to be the front of the group, to outsiders who aren't aware of their super-sneaky bug pal! after all, he is remarkably durable and wouldn't care too much if he set of a fireball trap that Tak somehow missed

(2!)

bad roll buddies!

biosterous

Llany is munching on a biscuit and offers half to his sometimes-ghostly pal

biosterous

Things are Chaotic Evil here on the homefront, my wife's brother and a dear friend of mine is at home on hospice care in his last days dying of brain cancer, I'm not even remotely abandoning this CYOA, I just want my head to be clear when I move it forward- he's in North Carolina, we're in Delaware, and there's a pandemic, sooo...

I will most likely get back into the saddle tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Thanks for understanding.

aw geez, that sucks a bunch. take care of yourself and take all the time you need

biosterous

that really really sucks, psp :(

biosterous

Llany stares at Table for a full two minutes, unmoving, unblinking, before slowly pulling out a notepad and furiously jotting down notes

biosterous

16!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 15, 2020

biosterous

Llany searches his memory of Rad Science Stuff to try and figure out if there used to be any rad science stuff in this room, and maube make educated guesses as to what they were being used for

biosterous fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 22, 2020

biosterous

science time :peanut:

20!!!!

second roll is 14

biosterous

1 :ohdear:

and then 7

biosterous

I just need a roll from Llany, please.

man i'm really glad that Llany is way more armoured than he is wise!

biosterous

Llany stumbles a bit coming out of the hole, blinking rapidly. involuntary rolling can be quite disorienting! so can voluntary rolling but at least he knows it's coming.

he quickly gets a recap of what happened after he was rolled into the hole, and gives a big smile and thanks to Heather Snapps. he also offers to share the beetle leg if anyone's interested - it's certainly crunchier than most grubs he eats but it's not bad at all!

biosterous

"goodness, we've got some choices to make now! i dunno about the rest of you but when in doubt i always go left"

(how's the light level in here? getting dim, or still plenty bright?)

biosterous

Llany's gonna scrape the walls a bit for some samples, see if he can find something interesting about it later, when they're not so busy exploring!

exploring is kind of like science but with a lot less repetition usually

(not really trying to accomplish anything with the samples, just flavour)

biosterous

1 4
2 10 + 17
3 3
4 20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 15 holy poo poo

(the numerical order is for the rolls, presumably Llany took from these spots when the party was around there, unless it's just easier to have them happen in that order!)

(also woo lots of exploding dice!)

biosterous fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 27, 2020

biosterous

Llany is focused on getting samples for Science and also doesn't notice that the rest of the party isn't around

biosterous fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 27, 2020

biosterous

biosterous

(jinx!)

biosterous

Llany is pestering Buddy to try flying and is ready to take notes.

"like how high can you go? how fast? do you stop fast or is momentum a huge factor?"

he seems to have forgotten that the wings are brand new to Buddy and he doesn't know the answers yet

biosterous

Everyone roll a 20

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 29, 2020

biosterous

LLany offers you some water and a small towel, and wonders whether it would be rude to bottle up some of the vomit...

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 29, 2020

biosterous

rolling to do science on poison puke!

biosterous

Llany wakes up, shakes some of the sleep off, blearily rubs his eyes and cleans his glasses, and takes the next watch

apparently he's a bit distracted thinking about all the new samples he got yesterday, and what experiments he'd like to run with them

biosterous

biosterous

meanwhile Llany is cooking some oatmeal for the party

biosterous fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 3, 2020

biosterous

Everybody roll!

Llany agrees with checking the side room

biosterous

biosterous

bios is day-sleepy and can't Llany very hard right now!

biosterous

11 in response to the required roll

5 in an attempt to identify the smell (haha, not gonna get too much with that roll!)

biosterous fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 9, 2020

biosterous

biosterous fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 13, 2020

biosterous

Llany conveniently has a whole bunch of alcohols, and mentions he can make some other things that could possibly qualify as "party supplies"

whether this means "Llany can make drugs" or "Llany can make silly string" is unclear to everyone (including biosterous!)

biosterous

phillipe fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

llany comes out of his torpor, and roll a 8

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him