Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Did anyone else think Lou Ferrigno was Dave Meltzer for a second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

This piece was so jammed I forgot we got The Hulk wielding a torture device and Vickie Guerrero

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Takuan posted:

I thought it was Lanny Poffo until they said Ferrigno at the end

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Well I guess I ought to go back and watch the show after all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Takuan posted:

when i saw this i did

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cavauro posted:

when i saw this i did

Dave does have better abs than John Morrison!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I loved Jericho at the start of the main being like "I can beat Lance Archer if I'm careful about it", then by the end he's like "I gotta call Jake Roberts, this guy could ruin all my plans"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

I loved Jericho at the start of the main being like "I can beat Lance Archer if I'm careful about it", then by the end he's like "I gotta call Jake Roberts, this guy could ruin all my plans"

Jericho starting to call Archer stupid for turning his back on Dustin, then catching himself and realizing that's probably a reaaaaaaal bad idea and quickly rephrasing was great.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I know I say this basically every week but AEW’s two hours every week are frequently my favorite two hours of the week. It’s so nice to be able to take my mind off the state of the world and not feel anxious or scared or concerned about dying or losing my job or being evicted. And for me posting with all you wonderful posters is such an inextricable part of that. I really, genuinely appreciate that and appreciate the little community we’ve got here. Sorry if this is lame but times are tough and sincerity is important and I wanted to say I appreciate all of you.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Writer Cath posted:

My current avatar depresses me.

I'm torn between a Hangman one and a Sammy one.

I would like to hear your opinons.

definitely down for a Sammytar

if you have an idea i'll make it for ya

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy FUCCCCK the Manitoba Melee :stare:

What a loving incredible segment. TED IRVINE WAS IN IT!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Looks like Kahn wasn't bullshitting when he said he thinks this week would be special

Who were you to doubt El Tony

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man I can't imagine how hot a crowd would have made that show

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1255678881513771010

I think the guy just genuinely loves what he's doing now

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Holy FUCCCCK the Manitoba Melee :stare:

What a loving incredible segment. TED IRVINE WAS IN IT!

THE Ted Irvine!?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Someone on Twitter was saying that Duff from GnR and Cory Taylor from Slupknot were both in it too but I don’t know what either of them look like so I can’t say for certain one way or another.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Marko saying he had a job to do was the line of the night

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was hoping for a Funches cameo in the Melee but it was pretty drat perfect as it was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho shouting at the jobber being fed to Wardlow,"YOU WANT A JOB BUT YOU'RE GONNA DO A JOB!" was great.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok yeah, one dark spot but the rest of the show was incredible. Best Friends was one of the nastiest things I think I've seen on tv in a bit.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody's heel turn can't come soon enough for me

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Apparently all the talk about Justin Credible's jorts in the "wrestlers only you like" thread was enough to complete the occult ritual that summons Kevin Smith.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Someone on Twitter was saying that Duff from GnR and Cory Taylor from Slupknot were both in it too but I don’t know what either of them look like so I can’t say for certain one way or another.

I am pretty sure I recognized Duff in it too.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wheres fat toney in the op

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Corey was the guy that Lou Ferrigno tried to taze.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

NXT about to get a new theme song from Poppy

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Legit laughed when Jericho immediately came back with Bobby Heenan when Schiavone asked what manager could move like OC.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

NXT about to get a new theme song from Poppy

Poppy is dating Ghostmane, who came out with Darby that one time. I have no point to this, it's just a piece of trivia.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Takuan posted:

Yes. Absolutely.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Legit laughed when Jericho immediately came back with Bobby Heenan when Schiavone asked what manager could move like OC.

Tony's squawked,"BOBBY HEENAN!?!" response was so great :allears:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cody winning was the wrong call but it just means Darby will finally beat him in front of a crowd to a big reaction.

Otherwise maybe their best quarantine show so far.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I didn't mind the idea of the finish of the cody/darby match but it did seem to be executed I dunno weirdly? like it didn't quite land for me. match was great thou. and rest of the show was aces and very enjoyable.

I didn't post much at all but I enjoyed reading everyone's reactions. some days I'm more talkative than other days.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DuhSal posted:

I didn't mind the idea of the finish of the cody/darby match but it did seem to be executed I dunno weirdly? like it didn't quite land for me. match was great thou. and rest of the show was aces and very enjoyable.
I (incorrectly) saw the ending as a Dusty Finish but Meltzer saying it was a callback to the ending of Triple H/Jeff Hardy at No Mercy 2007 2008 makes more sense.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 30, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It kind of made Darby look like an idiot since Cody didn't even move for it, Darby just pinned himself while going for a pin.

Of course Cody ignoring the death finisher to do a counter-pin on Darby would have been even worse, so it was just a bad idea in general

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Disappointed in everyone for hating the finish to a Cody/Darby, I thought that was wonderful. Gonna make the match where Darby finally gets the win over him in front of a hot crowd all the better.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alirght, can we figure out who everybody in the Manitoba Melee was?

1-5) The Inner Circle
6) Peter Avalon
7) Jungle Boy
8) Sonny Kiss
9) Luther
10) Ted Irvine
11) Lou Ferrigno
12) ???
13) ???
14) Jason Mewes (only about 90% on this one)
15) Kevin Smith
16) Gabriel Iglasias
17) ???
18) ???
19) Wrestling Superstar Virgil Mike Jones
20) ???
21) Vickie Guerrero

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't necessarily hate the Cody/Darby ending. If anything Darby came out looking stronger since he lost on a fluke pin.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I guess the saving grace of that finish is that 1) it wasn't in front of a paying crowd, and 2) there's zero chance of darby ever losing like that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I like how incredibly obvious it is that Tony and Jericho are having the time of their lives doing commentary together