Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
who got more murdered tonite, marko or dustin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Writer Cath posted:

My current avatar depresses me.

I'm torn between a Hangman one and a Sammy one.

I would like to hear your opinons.
handswash is gonna be the champion sooner, but there's still plenty of room on sammy's bandwagon

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I guess the saving grace of that finish is that 1) it wasn't in front of a paying crowd, and 2) there's zero chance of darby ever losing like that again

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Rarity posted:

I think the Cody/Darby finish worked in isolation but in the wider context of this being Cody/Darby III and Darby still not having that big breakthrough win that we all want to see it was just really annoying. If they had a live audience for DoN I could actually see them turning on Cody and cheering for Archer because Cody going over young talent is getting annoying and cause Lance Archer loving rules.
darby and sammy (and jungle boy for that matter) seem set to be in dues-paying roles for at least the first year of dynamite because almost everyone in front of them at the line has made their name elsewhere, but those in charge are continually setting up the pieces to make those three in aew, they're just not interested in fast forwarding to that moment. mjf doesn't have to do this i guess because he's a stand-alone heel and he seems set up down the line to be the peer that has to eventually be overcome

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kaveman posted:

I thought maybe the G1 was a flash in the pan but no, this guy has got it and also AEW really know how to build people and present people as stars.
Lance was great in the G1, but I was skeptical of him only working so hard there so that he could get an american payday and would only rest on his laurels if he ever came back, but no, so far my skepticism has been unfounded and I'm starting to believe in the below archived post:

Low Desert Punk on September 9, 2019 posted:

I absolutely love Archer in New Japan but I think he deserves the monster heel run on American television before he gets too old. He's in the peak of his career and he could do some truly incredible things. He's such a good talent

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
maybe the finish would've been slightly more tolerable if cody had nakazawa's gimmick

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

Remember the water Brandi brought out and how Jericho said it wasn't water?
:monocle:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sanguinia posted:

Remember, Okada lost to Tana TWICE at the dome before he beat him, and the second time a lot of people said it was a mistake. A lot of people said Naito losing to Okada at WK14 was a mistake for similar reasons. Both times New Japan's booking was vindicated.
eh, 50/50 honestly

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

oh but seriously I posted:

There is an ideal length to these "Top 20 Moves" videos which I am not sure anybody has quite nailed down.You have to let the impact settle a little bit but also don't gently caress me about, I came here to see MOVEZ~! Obviously that one Evanescence song is the only acceptable BGM
i miss suicidaldragon, where else could i see a 2 min video of super dragon's driver variations or kobashi's burning hammers in glorious 240p

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hope so. I'm getting pretty sick of him tbh.
cody, in a roundabout way, has made me more sympathetic to western njpw fan naito haters

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
like a pufferfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

NienNunb posted:

Hopelessly waiting for the day where the wrestling discourse isn't people worrying that they're complicit in mass murder. Well, moreso that usual.
Sadly, I feel the ones worried about the spread, even with all the safety measures, will still be vindicated in the end which will be of little solace to them, but as I or anyone that posts here is not Tony Khan or an executive who has a stake in AEW, I am resolved to enjoy the live wrestling we'll get in the meantime until circumstance rears its ugly head again.