Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey, I am just now watching the show and what the gently caress was the ending to Darby vs. Cody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok yeah, one dark spot but the rest of the show was incredible. Best Friends was one of the nastiest things I think I've seen on tv in a bit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Brandi has one of the best spears in the business.

She really only has one truly excellent wrestling move but she's also the best at that move.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

Sammy's down for more kinky poo poo than Kip but Kip's a better overall bedroom experience.

Hard disagree on Kip. Kip is good but it's a curated experience and he really only has one so it gets boring. Sammy is absolutely down for anything and loves variety.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Leva is a goon and intentionally baiting the thread.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm watching a bunch of old Roppongi Vice matches and I think I've come to the conclusion that Trent is the most underrated guy in wrestling. He is just constantly taking the sickest and nastiest bumps. He makes everyone look amazing because he's absolutely willing to eat the grossest poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh yeah, it's really noticeable once you watch like 5 Trent matches in a row that he takes the grossest bumps but it's never to get over his moves. It's always stuff like him wiping out on the outside as the other guy sneaks away.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Cameo posted:

The period where he took the biggest and dumbest bumps was because he already had some other nagging injury and was trying to hurt himself in Japan so that he could use Japanese healthcare instead of having to pay out the nose for American since he had no health insurance

Yep, that explains a lot and is very Trent?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's also weird and interesting to me that Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta both picked wrestling names after name brands and became a tag team without planning any of it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Honestly, if there were one thing I'd remove from the vocabulary of wrestling, it'd be matches only really ever ending when somebody hits a finish.

I wouldn't get rid of them entirely, but if one of two matches ended with other moves every week, no matter who was in them, it'd make the entirety of every match matter more.

Wrestling should be formulaic, to a degree, but the matches have gone too far in that direction, IMO.

I like when they have a collection of finisher. I'm a big fan of when a wrestler has like, the flash pin finisher, the regular finisher, and the like super saiyan only busts it out for the big stuff finisher.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

cams posted:

this is the arc and i wish it would go faster, i don't like cody enough to care about his babyface stuff

I think they flip the switch after he loses to Archer. I hope they do at least.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those jackets are ugly as sin and I want one so bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Man, remove Joey Janela's name from his and I'd probably snag that jacket. There's just something about having the wrestler's name on a piece of apparel that makes it infinitely more dorky.

Yeah, I'm debating how that would look with some back patches. Maybe slap something over Joey's name.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Shida is the best.

Shida #1

Gumball to Miss Gumball "So part of the road to AEW video is Shida just playing To Zanarkand as these men stare on whistfully"

Miss Gumball: :stare:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Luther better redeem himself and do some actual hardcore deathmatch poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good matches even if it has my pet peeve of champion fighting a singles match that's not for the belt. Maybe it will be on the show and they're just not billing it as such.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The 5 minute test actually detects for the virus. The antibody test is useful to figure out who has it and who might be asymptomatic but there is a delay in your body producing antibodies and being infected. So a sick person can test negative on an antibody test.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It seems like AEW is doing their best with covid and are doing it as safe as they can. I also think it's a unintentional reminder of how many places are not handling it well and how the general US attitude is shifting towards "Open up and let people die" which is going to anxiety bomb some people when they hear the show they really like might be doing something dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

QT Marshall has really shown me something over thee past month or so, his tag matches with Dustin had a lot of great spots and he's technically gifted, it sucks that he basically has the charisma of a bag of Wonderbread and bad hair because he's essentially impossible to gimmick in any palatable way

maybe let the guy mask up and start hitting the tanning bed or something, idk

He can lean into the apple stuff. Dress him up in red spandex and a big apple head.