Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
not to be too like, 2020 sjw woke bullshit or whatever but whenever anyone has a username like Das Volk i kind of uhh have some questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

My wife doesn't really eat beef and we live in an apartment without access to a grill, which sucks. So here are some pre-cooking lamb chops.

Seasoned with salt and pepper, olive oil, bay leaves, garlic and orange rind. Once that's all coated up, add a little ras el hanout and make sure you cover the sides. (If you don't have any, you can make your own - mine is a bit of cumin, decent amount of cinnamon, a bit of nutmeg, a good dose of cardamon, a small amount of allspice, and a bit of cloves).

In a pan on the stove, maybe 5-7 minutes medium-high heat in a heavy pan depending on thickness of meat. turn em over pretty frequently.

I didn't get post pics but they came out real nice, about six minutes gave a nice slightly beyond medium rare. It's pretty quick to throw together, too.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

nobody gives a gently caress about your lovely opinions so don't put some Deeply Clever Look At How Intelligent I Am sticker on your car

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

cakesmith handyman posted:

I want a "Deeply Clever Look At How Intelligent I Am" sticker, where can I get one :(

I have English heritage and national trust stickers on the car, you get free parking at their sites when there's not an apocalypse on. I think that makes me deeply middle class.

print the stickers!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Darchangel posted:

So, you're implying that while you don't care about our lovely opinions, we should care about yours?

where did i imply that, nobody cares about my lovely opinions either, which is why i don't feel the need to advertise them on my cars

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

my alignment :spergin: would not permit such a chaotic arrangement at min

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i dont understand what the purpose of that is

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

daslog posted:

My budget is $15k, and yes, I really don't want to die. A used tractor is more than acceptable, and I'd like to be able to dig up stumps.

if you want a tractor anyway go nuts or whatever, but if this is solely to dig stumps you're probably better just paying the company that takes out the trees to dig the stumps. if you don't know what you are doing it is risky, and also extremely slow.

i will echo that trees are good. none of those trees look very big. it's always tough to tell from pictures but it looks like there might be a 16" hemlock or some other fir tree in one picture with everything else being smaller (unless there's a bunch of stuff you haven't shown). if you really want to be self sufficient, take on more risk, and buy more cool rear end tools you can probably fell all of that poo poo yourself.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

i got a layoff notice today, feels bad

the whole aerospace industry has been crushed so i have no idea what the gently caress to do!

poo poo man, good luck. get that UA asap

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the medical insurance companies are fuckin raking it in right now

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Darchangel posted:

I had one on my ‘95 XJ. Mine was actually “Low Output”. Still on it, actually, but no longer my Jeep. And it’s literally no output now, since the friend who bought it blew the engine. :(
That’s basically what gave me the idea for the AE86 sticker, to give credit where it’s due.

First against the wall when the revolution comes. Maybe second. Fuckers tell us how important it is to plan for accidents and disasters (I’m talking insurance in general now) then keep all our money and tell us to get hosed when something does happen. Assholes who run these companies are the reason I have to believe Hell exists, because they sure aren’t being punished in *this* life.

it's not even exploitation outside the normal level in the standard model - they just are still taking in same revenues but don't have nearly the same expenditures because people aren't seeking non emergency and non covid treatment.

we are gonna need to punish these people in real life. i don't believe in an afterlife.

launch scrubbed today, sad :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:haibrow:

for real the groveling towards the formerly unnoticed now shoved into the spotlight "heroes" is such a cop out for years of outright neglect.

What I do not understand is how people seem to be spending an unending amount of money in the current climate too. Places of business are straight busting for more than 10% of the workforce being out of a job.

my household took a 15% reduction in income but we are doing our best to support local businesses that we care about. we're spending more money than we probably would ordinarily. all within budget of course, but i do feel some obligation to try to keep the drat thing going.

slidebite posted:

After using one for my landscaping, I want a small skidsteer so bad buy they keep their value crazy well.

I might only use it once or twice a year, but I still want one.

yeah same and i don't even have a house or land

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nice pics Tremek, looks like you guys are having fun. A 2 series is overkill for two acres unless you plan to dig it all up and move it all around a few times. But better to buy too much tractor than too little.

Equivalents that I have heard good things about:
The Kubota L series would be the equivalent model to the JD 2 series, the L3301 would get you about the same. If it were my money in this class, I would spend it on a Kubota. Reliable, good parts support, you aren't paying for the JD brand (which some people really like).
The NH Boomer series is good too. My boss has one for his hobby farm and loves it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I have an Epson WF-3720 networked all in one printer scanner. My wife insisted on scanning and color priting. IT loving SUCKS DO NOT BUY. Drinks ink, poo poo drivers, bad at feeding paper, bad at scanning. Only positives are it was cheap and connects to wifi. I miss my Brother HL-1270N which lasted for like a decade and a half. When we move I am getting a new B&W laser.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Joe Biden sucks but he sucks less than Trump so gently caress me I guess

yeah basically

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

Me being a dirty immigrant and having experiences outside of the US somethings do shock me still in how politicians and the super rich are allowed to be the absolutist ruling class that the founding fathers of the US specifically tried to stop happening.

The inheritance tax is a perfect example, put in place to stop families passing wealth down generation after generation and is constantly attacked by the rich and labeled as this terrible thing that stops the poor from getting ahead instead of being a method to redistribute wealth and stop a ruling class forming. Maybe I read to much history and have them smarts that are for liberal commie nerds?

what i really do not fathom is any conversation about the estate tax that doesn't begin with "fed only applies to people with a 11.4 million dollar estate" which applies to something under 1.3 million US households.

edit: I find it all too easy to be fatalistic about things at this point which is certainly not productive in terms of outcomes or my own mental health. I like Tremek's reminder.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

meatpimp posted:

I like Tremek's reminder, but also keep in mind that he speaks from the same privilege that a lot of us do. Not that privilege is a bad thing, but it's something that is critical to context.

I am an older, white, educated, suburban male. Every qualifier in that description allots a respect from "the system" that those without that qualifier aren't extended. I could do one hell of a lot of things directly in front of a police officer that would get me a (perhaps stern) warning, where others would be stopped, searched, and put under a microscope.

Again, there's nothing wrong with what I am, but I absolutely cannot stand that our "leadership" fits the same demographic criteria that I used to define myself, yet they choose to ignore the privilege and act like they built their lives from the ground up. And that's bullshit. And that's old. And we need a real change in leadership to represent the people that we are now, not what the old white guys want it to be.

This is true, and I agree. It's awful how our country's leadership isn't reflective of the actual population. (and of course when someone who is more reflective of population like AOC gets elected, that's a sign of end times) I am focused on "don't give up" part of message rather than "other places bad/worse"

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Galler posted:

Corona is at least making social policies much more appealing to many people.

is it really though? i am seeing a bunch of slackjawed arfcom yokels braying about their freedoms while cosplaying

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Wrar posted:

That seems like a hella good deal for a serious piece of equipment, but I know fuckall about heavy equipment prices.

depends on how much is wrong with it, hours, how bad it's been abused, etc. that is definitely quite cheap for a PC75, but cheap used equipment can be very expensive.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KillHour posted:

I know lots of well traveled, intelligent, generally nice people with absolutely trash opinions on things.

amen

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah, I've met people that own multi million dollar businesses, seem like they have it all together to the point I actually start to envy them, then I hear the N word come out of their mouth and any respect is instantly gone. Just like that, now you're just like any other lowly racist piece of poo poo and nothing special at all.

To me the worst is when you have people that just say like kind of racist stuff, or stuff that's not overtly racist but just the result of not critically thinking about stuff. If they drop the N word or whatever, gently caress em, doesn't matter. But if it's just like, stuff that could be born from ignorance, but you have to deal with these people in a professional setting. It's tough to figure out whether it's decent people just saying ignorant or uncritical stuff, or whether it's someone just kinda showing their true colors a lil bit to see if you're empathetic to their lovely viewpoints.

Its especially weird when white people unleash their Hot Race Science takes on me because I am very clearly Asian.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

I have heard that second hand tools are widely available on Craigslist.

twin cities craigo is particularly well stocked

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

When it's younger people I tend to think ignorance sometimes, but older people don't get a pass, especially when they make it a point to use the N word and emphasize it so you hear them clearly, like they want you to make no mistake that they don't like black people. I've run into that I don't know how many times.

Also it pisses me off how some people think just because they don't use the N word they're not racist, but it's cool to use slurs for Asian and Latino people.

fortunately since i'm not white it's pretty rare that white people drop N word around me. it's usually more subtle Race Science.

now asian people, hoo boy. an absolutely astonishing number of asians are virulently racist against black people.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

Or even better, cops beating up one of their own because they they were embedded as protestors!

if i recall correctly a SLPD officer sued because he got the poo poo beat out of him when he was an undercover during the ferguson protests. naturally he got the poo poo beat out of him after the cops opened fire with bean bag rounds on a crowd without telling them to disperse, and he then was following the officer's orders when he got beat.

also that guy is 1000000% a fuckin cop, fuckin shameful poo poo.

i was probably more pro/neutral on cops than a lot of goons but at some point you just gotta recognize that one bad apple spoils the bunch

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

he was at a riot sharing the riot with other people therefore enticing them to riot check mate

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

He tweeted "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" in the middle of a rant about deploying the military for crowd control.

Yes, the President said he was going to send the Army to kill civilians.

no no he was merely describing cause and effect

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

STR posted:

I thought Bush Jr made me ashamed to be an American.

He looks like a goddamned saint at this point. :sigh:

do not ever let yourself forget how bad the Bush era was

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

At least the national guard spends more than 8 weeks on training before being handed a gun and the license to murder shoplifters. They're there to keep the loving police from doing what the police always do in these situations (cause riots).

on the other hand, kent state

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Exactly, bringing in the guard is not a good thing

at least in ferguson i think the guard was a relatively stabilizing influence so i'll hope for the same outcome here

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I was just wondering how they were going about doing it, like throwing a bunch of money at a jail full of people or if it was more of an organized effort that's all.

When large amounts of money is donated it doesn't always get used for what it was intended for.

heres my take: bailing out people is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

cash bail is a crime especially now when it's relatively hard for people to just kinda skip town and go dark

a certain percentage of any money donated to any cause gets "wasted" in that it's spent on both things that aren't the cause itself or aren't your precise preferred definition of where the money should go. in order for X% of the money to do the good thing that you have personally defined, Y% must be wasted.