Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Not written up!

And one of the deniers was suspended for panic inciting behavior. Memo went out warning anyone spewing misinformation to essentially shut the gently caress up.

Lol I'm so glad I'm not working and having to deal with idiots, I'd be telling everyone to shut the gently caress up.

I'm not even on social media and I get texts from people trying to convince me politically one way or another and I have to keep reminding them that I don't take sides, that the government is horrible and I don't trust any of them. NONE of them, especially the idiot in office. One of my buddies keeps texting me "news" stories about how "it's not that bad" and I'm just like ok dude, the country will be opened back up soon so you get your wish, please stop texting me these dumbass articles.

And the next day another article, "NUMBERS ARE INFLATED BLAH BLAH BLAH" :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I'm seriously thinking about getting a large-ish wave runner since I don't have room for a boat, anyone have any experience with the Yamaha FX/VX series? From what I've read so far they are like the Toyota Camry of PWCs. As long as it has a four stroke I'm good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

nm posted:

There have been some posts from Entomologists basically saying we're massively overreacting.

You mean the media is overreacting? Fear sells man, nothing like giant hornets from Japan to freak everyone out....Somebody call Godzilla :v:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Built another amp.
Now I have twins!

This is cool man, what kind of speakers have you been running with them so far? I'd love to hear how it sounds hooked up to a good CD player and bookshelf speakers.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I eventually plan to use them with a miniDSP HD. The miniDSP will be running room correction and the active crossover so each amp channel will be wired directly to a single driver in each speaker. Four channels for two 2-way speakers.

This is interesting I've never heard of these....How exactly do they work? Would I benefit using one with a 2.1 powered system on my desktop?

I've got a pair of powered M-Audios and a powered Polk sub running through a DAC at the moment. It's in a pretty large echo-y room and using the EQ in Windows Media Player doesn't do much to help the sound.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

My wife wants to get a Switch, for that and a couple other games, think. I'm not *completely* opposed, but we already have an Xbox One, 360, and PS3 connected to the TV. Minde you, only the One gets used with any regularity. The PS3 can probably come out and jut be connected if I get a wild hair to play Uncharted, Gran Turismo, or God Of War. Or not. I think I still have inputs on the receiver. If she wants to spend the $300, I'd rather spend it on an Xbox One X. Not sure I want to until I see what the Series X will do and cost, though. So I guess she can get a Switch if it's her money and she can find one. I bought all the other consoles.
I want to play Splatoon

I'm still playing my PS3 and refuse to get another console until the PS5 comes out although now I'm hearing it's backwards compatible with everything BUT the PS3....What the gently caress is that bullshit.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

Well there you go, all your bases are covered!

Well I have a PS2 as well for Tony Hawk and was hoping I could have just one console to play everything and store the old ones :mad:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone have one of those gas flat top griddles made for outdoor use? I've noticed lots of them for sale lately so they must be a thing now, would be pretty cool to whip poo poo up like it was a diner flat top, breakfast and smashburgers and all that kinda stuff.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Stop watching the news dude

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It is a Dynamo Pro Style 8 footer and the thing looks basically brand new. Has the cover and mallets and pucks and everything. It has the knockouts for stuff like coin operation and all. It is WILD. I have a freaking air hockey table in my basement.

That's awesome, now you have to post a pic :v:

My son loves air hockey and would freak out if we got something like that....No basements in Florida tho :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blindjoe posted:

We have one at the vacation house, but don't know what to do with it. Are you supposed to make 50 pancakes at a time or something?
- This could be a problem with only being there with my family, not like 6 families.

I think it was a gift, I have never turned it on.

Send it to me :)

I'd get the small one if i do get one, I'm not gonna start a pancake house or something :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat I wish I had a basement for a home theater and rec room!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just when I think Trump can't possibly be any dumber he proves me wrong every time

Live and Let Die is apparently his motto now

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

LoL stop watching the news

I don't watch the news, it popped up on my Yahoo mail page as a headline.

I also didn't have a Henny Penny reaction to it either :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

It's live and let dye, he's still trying to walk back the whole "mainline bleach" thing

I thought this was going to be a hair dye reference at first :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tremek posted:

Now to figure out travel trailers. Hope you're all doing well.

Sweet truck but that's A LOT of black real estate to try and keep clean :v:

Airstream trailers are the poo poo btw

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

Air streams cost for a reason. It's the inherent build quality. (I'm not a fan of them either, headroom...)

Can they be had used for decent prices? Do they depreciate enough to make it worth it?

I've seen some of the newer ones and man they just look really well done.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Just had a super weird interaction -

Sounds like the guy was on drugs, mentally ill or both. In my experience doing security and dealing with aggressive high and/or mentally ill people, your best bet is to completely ignore them (while watching them in your peripheral), walk away and wait until you're completely out of their sight to call the police. Once they see you pull out your phone they either flip out or run. You need to give them the impression that they have nothing to worry about and let them flip out on the cops when they get there, it's what they get paid to deal with.

ExplodingSims posted:

gently caress it, maybe I'll move back to FL at this point, but these last few weeks have been super frustrating.

Florida loves you and welcomes you back with open arms :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Its all so frustrating. They pay has been good, but that's been about it. This is really kinda straining my desire to stay there, but its been hard to look at any other options.
Pretty much any other company out there has a bunch of boomer entrenched in their positions there, so there's not much mobility elsewhere. And plenty of other places treat their employees even worse.

If the only thing good is the pay then yeah it's probably time to move on, it's never worth it if you don't respect/like the people you work with. And it will probably never get better, once a culture is established it usually takes a complete re haul to change it.

Taking a pay cut to work at a better place where you'll be happy is not a bad thing.

[e] I came back to Florida after leaving because I wanted a change, no shame in that. It made me appreciate the tropical climate even more after living in Buffalo for two years :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 8, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Thats the other thing that's keeping me from jumping right now. Like, even if I got a "better" job, would it still be there by the end of summer?

Its not the end of the world, but the only thing with jumping back to FL would involve a pretty significant pay cut. Like I'm at 35/hr now, and I'd pretty much have to take a 10/hr paycut.
And that's for something I'm not even sure that I want.

I'm not sure if I'm just being nostalgic for Florida because thats when I remember being the happiest, or if its just depression clouding my mind again.

Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure in Florida you would always have work, the a/c dependency here isn't going anywhere until the apocalypse.

If you're unsure about coming back to FL, try taking a week or two vacation back home (IIRC you have family here?) and see how you feel. When we did it that's when I knew we were coming back, I really didn't want to go back to NY after our vacation and about a year later we were back permanently. No regrets, it was a good experience overall living in NY but at least we gave it a shot and know now that this is where we want to stay.....We almost bought a house in NY lol glad that didn't happen.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

You have read the news recently, right? :v:

Touche :golfclap:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'll just stay in a hotel.

Really, unless you're using an RV every other week or actually living in it what's the point. For the ridiculous prices of RVs these days you could stay in nice hotels at the destination you wanted to go to and rent a drat car if you need one.

If I feel the need to go camping I'll use a tent.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I can still drive my (safe) car, just like an RV, to any destination and stay at a hotel with solid walls and a real bathroom :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I ordered some sunglasses online today and this was my confirmation email :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Maybe the guy just used some Old Spice Fiji with Palm Tree and it's not that bad :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

You know that you need to recreate that picture once you get them, right?

6 feet apart tho?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

Hey Applebees App...

You know what needs to be done.

Ha!

No :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hell to the yes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrOnBicycle posted:

To be fair, there are many valid points (and some really stupid points) in those pictures. Problem is that the idiots posting them don't understand even the basics anyway, so it doesn't matter if some points are correct.
However, improperly used gear will at best negate the point of using them, and at worst do more harm than good. Gloves are pointless unless you use them for a specific task and then remove them. It's much better to frequently wash your hands and use sanitizer. When we go into rooms with COVID19 patients we wear gloves and then remove them (and all the other protective gear in a strict order) before going outside the room (and wash our hands). You see all these people walking around touching everything with their drat gloves (their shopping, phones, face, wallet, etc) because of the false sense of security.

I've heard stories about people dying from leaving their masks on too long as well from lack of oxygen and/or carbon monoxide. One story was some old guy in his car wearing a mask that crashed and killed someone else, and another one about some kids in Korea wearing masks during gym class or some poo poo. Not sure if the stories are true but it sounds like people wearing an N95 mask 24/7 out of fear could be a problem

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Glad I'm sitting on a hundred pounds of chicken and beef now. poo poo's about to go all wrong isn't it.

Well you're supposed to eat it not sit on it :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Speaking of second-gen Supras... Dad sent me a link to this one on BaT saying it was just like his. Well, it's close. His was an '82 in Terra Cotta instead of red, so it didn't have headlight washers and the rear decal was a small one on the right side that read "Celica Supra," but it's damned close.

Can't be many of these around left in this condition.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-toyota-celica-supra-8/

Wow. Buddy of mine had a black one back in the day and it was a sweet car. Pretty fast with a manual at that time too.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ what's wrong with people?

So sorry about your mom STR I hope she pulls through it ok man.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

It's this.
A lot of folks *can't* "just stay home" - they'de starve, lose their place to live, etc., because gently caress the poors - we need t maximize shareholder value, and make rich fucks even richer. Guess what happens when you "run the government like a business"?

Tbh, it's one thing to go to work if you feel fine, but if you are clearly showing symptoms like a loving fever and cough you are just making the situation way worse by continuing to work, infecting your co workers and possibly shutting down the place where you work to begin with and now you have no job to go back to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah my hair is pretty long now, well past my eyes which is good because before that it was poking me in the eyes constantly.

My wife was not about it at first but now she says it looks good and she likes it :quagmire:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slidebite posted:

On the covid front: Incoming press release Monday - scuttlebutt is it is going to be very promising news on an antibody treatment for Covid

https://twitter.com/CurlyJungleJake/status/1261338915899760641

Background: This is the guy from the Netflix Pandemic show that created the single dose universal flu vaccine. When Covid hit they worked like dogs and came up with candidate antibody treatments that should not only be highly effective against COVID, but also SARS and MERS.

For those that don't know, antibody treat compared to a vaccine - you use the antibody to treat people who are infected, very good tool to have before the vaccine is rolled out. Think of how rabies is treated if you get infected.

Wow that's great news

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Christ I hate it when someone selling a car I want on CL has contact by email only, pretty sure 75% of the time it goes right into spam and they never see it, is there anyway around that? Is it because of my lovely Yahoo account?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

Yes. Same with Hotmail or AOL domains.

I just sent another email through my wife's gmail account hopefully that will work.

gently caress this is a great deal too, probably gonna lose out to a drat Jeep flipper

[e] It sold already gently caress! The add was up for 2 hours when I emailed him!

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 15, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

You guys play with RC cars right? Both the cheap ones my kids got a year or two ago have crapped out. They're both single chip/board 2.4ghz, a rock crawler and a fast little buggy, I'd like to get them decent ones but the budget is low. Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

Traxxas is the best in terms of affordability and not crap, see if you can find a used one or just go new if you can afford it.

I have the rustler and my son has the stampede they both work great and are a lot of fun.

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Scal...ps%2C237&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Stam...ps%2C235&sr=8-3

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tremek posted:

Can confirm it’s not 37 needles to the gut but 6 total shots and they go in your legs. Btw though one very important note; the hospital pharmacy charged my insurance $25,000 for my ER visit to get my RIG shot last year. I think the final negotiated price was like $11k. So while COVID may impart some scale of economy and all that, we can’t rule out that anything harvested from our fellow humans may be real drat expensive...

That's a great negotiated price for an ER visit, during my settlement for my accident the ER visit and ambulance cost barely budged :(

Camper looks good man!

Rhyno posted:

Oh joy. Little bit of water leaking into the basement. I mean, it's been raining almost non stop for two weeks but we thought we were done with this bullshit.

Isn't that why basements have sump pumps?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mr-Spain posted:

Insulated the garage door with two pre-made kits. Holy poo poo i should have done this when I bought the house. It's insane how much it quieted the door opening and closing. I also put a portable AC unit in there as it's drywalled and holy crap, I'll be able to do projects in the summer in my south facing garage without dying of heatstroke. It's a south facing garage and I'm in Houston so it's hot and humid as hell.

I'm in Florida and lined the entire inside of my shed with Reflectix, it made a huge difference and I can actually go in there in the middle of summer without feeling like I'm walking into an oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Started a script for Adderall today to try to help with the memory and focusing issues from my brain injury.....I'm hopeful about it but a bit worried at the same time, I don't want to be dependent on drugs to help me feel normal :(