Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster comes out this month on Nintendo Switch (May 29), that is the only game I am excited for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doc M posted:

That's a screenshot of Star Wars Racer Revenge in the OP, not Episode 1 Racer which is what they're releasing on PS4 this month.

You can tell because A) it looks like a mediocre PS2 game and B) has Hayden Christensen Anakin instead of Jake Lloyd Anakin. It's also on PS4 already, as it was one of the first PS2 Classics they released on the system. I demand this grievous error be corrected immediately, because Episode 1 Racer is a classic that deserves better. :colbert:

I was about to call this out, so empty quoting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On May 7, Microsoft is going to talk about all of their Xbox Series X games coming out this fall, and 2021. I am looking forward to that. Don't really care about the console itself though, all of these games will also be on PC, so there's plenty to still be excited about. Looking forward to seeing more about Halo Infinite, Forza Motorosport 8, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm wondering how infinite is gonna turn out. Haven't touched a Halo since 3, so i might jump in if it's doing something interesting.

I'm cautiously optimistic even though I didn't really like Halo 4 and 5. But I feel like 343 Studios does care about the franchise and wants to make it relevant and popular again, they are trying judging by all of the updates to Halo 5 and MCC, they've just been extremely slow to make those improvements.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

the thread poll seems kind of pointless when all the bowsetteers seem to have metastasized into vtubers

I still don't know what a vtuber is or why we are all of a sudden talking about it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

artificial personality streamers usually with 3D avatars

I don't understand why someone would want to watch that, but I watch a ton of Twitch TV, so i'm not gonna judge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm going to play Streets of Rage today, and I'm going to rage because of how bad I will be at the game. Give me all the tips.

Does Streets of Rage 4 have a unlimited continues and/or lives option?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

The 3d avatars are usually anime girls and if that one recommendation I got after watching the one snail posted is any indicator, they'll show you their panties sometimes.

:hmmyes: say no more. This is on brand for this forum.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

happy may day folks, don't forget to not buy anything from amazon or whole foods or instacart today

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss when axelblaze did these threads.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

so I guess this is sort of replacing E3?

https://twitter.com/summergamefest/status/1256240292304281600

say what you will about Keighley, but it was kind of inevitable that what would/could have been E3 announcements would get spread out over a longer window; cramming so much news into a handful of expensive-to-produce live stage shows over three days in June is fun for us at home, but even if COVID-19 had never happened, it's hard to argue that it makes a ton of sense given the media landscape of 2020

I like this better. I would much rather gaming news get spread out over a a few month period. Always something new and exciting to look forward to each week. As opposed to before where it was cool that it all got covered in a few days, but then you went the rest of summer with zero news or updates.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

RIP the PSTV, which was never marketed coherently and I wish I had gotten because it's an amazing STB if you hack it

Same! I really wish I had gotten one of those when they were still available. Now they are only on Ebay for like $300.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

Gloomhaven is cool for having tons and tons of gameplay mechanics and stuff that really make it feel like an rpg but some of those mechanics seemed explicitly designed to ruin friendships between the players and I didn’t like that

Monopoly should have prepared you for this. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone have an Nividia Shield? I was wondering they were for gaming from your PC to your TV if your PC is in another room across the house. Although none are available right now for some reason, so I guess its a moot point, but was still curious how good they are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX posted:

There's a whole thread about the Nintendo switch xD

I want to know who I need to bribe at Nintendo to open up all of the Nvidia Shield features on the Switch. They are absolutely there, hidden away. People have unlocked them with modding, but I am not willing to do that because I use online so much on Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

u come at the king,,, u best not miss

holy poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh hey this is really cool. Going to do this as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who here has played Sakura War? Thoughts? It looks like a very unique JRPG and I have been getting bombarded with ads for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy birthday, Tifa

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Final Fantasy 7 Original, I am at the part now where I have Cids flying craft, but it can only work over shallow water. I just had the cutscene where you get the aircraft. Where on the map am I suppose to go from here to continue with the storyline?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hope my PS3 never breaks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I recognize this game, it was for PS2? And started the player off with like 6 hours of dialog before you finally got to play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

It's May 4th ... May the Fortnite be with you

Good Harry Potter reference.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing more FF7 Original, at the ice caves / mountain climbing sequence, gently caress this part of the game so much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I mean it's not very fun but I respect them for trying this weird-rear end concept so late in the game. Usually JRPGs exhaust their gimmicks in the first half.

I have the airship now and can freely fly all over the gameworld. How much of the game do I have left now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

i only surf the web from the invincible wii u web browser

All data and source code pertaining to that console was leaked a few days ago, along with a few other older Nintendo consoles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

i have the neo geo mini now (it was $30) so i will probably play a lot of neo geo games this month

Was Neo-Geo the one with the cartridges that were absurdly expensive?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish this wasn't a gacha where you either have to spend months grinding to get the character you really want, and even then chances are said character sucks, or spend $100 for a single character.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

things always work out for these people

He admits to being a literal Nazi, he routinely drops the n-word in his streams, his videos are constantly being called out for racism. What in the flying gently caress?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

This is the YouTube which has allowed its algorithms to bury and demonetise all videos with LGBT+ themes/content because they're "not child friendly" for years now.

Fair point. I think pretty much every social media platform defends and endorses fascism. Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube at least are the major ones that openly do it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

Obsidian hired the woman who wrote The Outer Wilds

After The Outer Worlds, I am not entirely sure I should be happy about that news

Wasn't one of the biggest strengths of the Outer Wilds that it had really good writing? Strangely enough too (for the game industry) Obsidians entire writing team currently (at least as of Outer Worlds) is women.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Guess who worked on the former and not the latter

Obsidian worked on both Pillars of Eternity 2, and the Outer Worlds, but they didn't develop the Outer Wilds. I hope that clears things up.... it doesn't, does it? :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

I think they were referring to rope kid, whose track record is so far unblemished

so far

Rope Kid will never make a bad video game, to me. I'm completely bias though and not able to have an objective opinion about this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm sad that the Outer Worlds wasn't well received. I really enjoyed that game, but felt that it was very short, and the gameworld too small for the type of RPG it was trying to be. I finished it very quickly and that surprised me. Was expecting DLC but that has yet to happen, so I assume Obsidian is moving on to other projects.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Their next project for Microsoft is some kind of multiplayer survival game, which seems like a fantastic use of a newly acquired studio mostly famous for deep RPGs

Obsidian is not throwing a lot of time or resources into this title. It's a pretty small team of people. Their core team is working on something much bigger that they haven't announced yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

the ho-hum gameplay of the outer worlds would be fine if the game wasn't terrified to actually say anything

I don't agree with this at all, it's pretty obvious the game is wanting the player to go with the tear down capitalism route.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cuntellectual posted:

I always find it funny when I see people saying this stuff because the other side always complains about facebook, twitter, youtube, etc are obviously left biased and only deplatform right wing celebrities like alex jones.

Corporations don't care about politics beyond how they think it hits the bottom line.

This is from Facebooks internal moderator training course:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.propublica.org/article/facebook-hate-speech-censorship-internal-documents-algorithms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weedle posted:

why's everybody so fuckin hot in this game

Isn't that the entire point of every single Neo-Geo video game?