Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Chichevache posted:

This is the worst football news I've heard this month.

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

does this mean front office football 9 will never come out?!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

They actually approved Philly's replay rule after the PI debacle? Cant wait for the block in the back reviews now

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Holy poo poo, $2B for Madden?

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1266082122785337350?s=20

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Well they don’t spend anything on improving the game so they can put that into buying the license.

\/\/\/\/\/ nice.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can't wait for all that money to go toward the development of new features and improvements to the game engine.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the last time Madden was NOT in the top 5 best selling games of the year was 2013.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In fairness to Madden they legitimately made a good football game out of the box this year. Then they messed it up by listening to MUT players

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1266084088970182658

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Suicide by sports.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

That number will be 100% by mid july

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Madden is dumb, just play Retro Bowl instead. They just increased roster size and made the defense actually defend HB’s out of the backfield!

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Can't wait for all that money to go toward the development of new features and improvements to the game engine.

That money was paid TO the league. Can't afford developers, they spent all their money already!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1266087232718462979

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Madden is dumb, just play Retro Bowl instead. They just increased roster size and made the defense actually defend HB’s out of the backfield!

Man am I throwing so many more interceptions because of this. That was a freebie play, and also made me like 95% on 2-point conversions. TEs and WRs are now slow as gently caress and can hardly ever create separation now. I don't think I have a WR play of more than 20 yards now.

And despite having maxed out rehab facilities, I have an injury every loving game. It's so annoying.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol this season is gonna be drenched in "we honor those we have lost" coronavirus bullshit

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

In fairness to Madden they legitimately made a good football game out of the box this year. Then they messed it up by listening to MUT players

Biz Sea 1 never forget

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ehud posted:

lol this season is gonna be drenched in "we honor those we have lost" coronavirus bullshit

How dare you forget our Front Line Heroes you sick bastard! :911:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ehud posted:

They need to fill the NFL Draft 2040 player backgrounds up with tragedy to family members personal interest bites

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Seems doable as long as people are sitting six feet apart and wearing a mask is mandatory

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Better Than You posted:

Seems doable as long as people are sitting six feet apart and wearing a mask is mandatory

That will cause literal riots.

Which riots before a game is fairly novel

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Better Than You posted:

Isn't a public bathroom a major vector though? Like that seems an impossible circle to square with opening things up.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Kalli posted:

Isn't a public bathroom a major vector though? Like that seems an impossible circle to square with opening things up.

Piss troughs gonna be so empty

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

I didn't consider this.

I guess there will be far fewer trips (between the reduced capacity and the lack of tail gating) and they can just have some poor soul in an N95 scrubbing constantly?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
panem et circenses et plaga

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't take public bathrooms into consideration either. Wear a diaper I guess :haw:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spoeank posted:

Bill Belichick got big mad his own trick was used against him so they canceled it. Booooooo.

Didn't he do that to demonstrate how the rule could be abused? Like the game was beyond over, he didn't really get a competitive advantage from it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/belichick-exploited-loophole-in-nfl-rules-to-run-extra-time-off-the-clock/

quote:

“No, it was just the way the rules are set up. We were able to run quite a bit of time off the clock without really having to do anything. That’s probably a loophole that will be closed and probably should be closed but right now it’s open,” Belichick said.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Better Than You posted:

I didn't take public bathrooms into consideration either. Wear a diaper I guess :haw:

Stadium Pal

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Man am I throwing so many more interceptions because of this. That was a freebie play, and also made me like 95% on 2-point conversions. TEs and WRs are now slow as gently caress and can hardly ever create separation now. I don't think I have a WR play of more than 20 yards now.

And despite having maxed out rehab facilities, I have an injury every loving game. It's so annoying.

What level are you coordinators? It’s costly, but investing in 5-Star coordinators honestly make a bigger difference than the level of even star players having max or mid-level speed. I can still hit long plays reasonably well with guys with only a single catching notch and a middle speed rating, but I’m also using a QB with nearly maxed out passing stats and a great OC.

Injuries have always been like that. Even with maxed out facilities, I’d still lose nearly every player at some point during the season. The difference is usually they’d only go down for a game or two, and usually only once during the season. A low level rehab might see guys go down multiple times for 3-6 games at a time.

Also, the latest update added coaching training level, where light training lowers risk of injury (With lower XP gained), so that may be something to consider as well.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Entering and exiting a stadium would be even more of a nightmare

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1266119368712339456

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Basically the entire interior ring of the stadiums would be a major vector. The bowl *might* be fine, particularly for outdoor stadiums.

The thing I'm really curious about : will this bring ticket prices down (fewer people want to go to games) or up (reduced supply = higher prices)?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fartknocker posted:

I haven't played in a little while but what killed me was how you could load up on star OL and RB and running still sucked once dynamic difficulty hit a certain level, but as *receivers* running backs were invincible while your 5 star Randy Moss clone got open on go routes like 5% of the time.

E: Tried update with old save, now looks like TEs don't get open as easily either while running is still rear end.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 28, 2020

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Mega64 posted:

That money is going toward the development of bigger pay checks for the owners.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

pro-tier headline writing from the NYDN

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

fartknocker posted:

What level are you coordinators? It’s costly, but investing in 5-Star coordinators honestly make a bigger difference than the level of even star players having max or mid-level speed. I can still hit long plays reasonably well with guys with only a single catching notch and a middle speed rating, but I’m also using a QB with nearly maxed out passing stats and a great OC.

Injuries have always been like that. Even with maxed out facilities, I’d still lose nearly every player at some point during the season. The difference is usually they’d only go down for a game or two, and usually only once during the season. A low level rehab might see guys go down multiple times for 3-6 games at a time.

Also, the latest update added coaching training level, where light training lowers risk of injury (With lower XP gained), so that may be something to consider as well.

I think both my coordinators are 4-stars with the talent trait.

What's super annoying is losing your QB on the last game of the season and having him be out for 4 games.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

will this bring ticket prices down (fewer people want to go to games) or up (reduced supply = higher prices)?

Take a wild guess.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Tickets are going to be triple normal cost and sell out with white people berating gate staff for not letting more in.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Only Karens will be allowed entrance to NFL stadiums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

sean10mm posted:

I haven't played in a little while but what killed me was how you could load up on star OL and RB and running still sucked once dynamic difficulty hit a certain level, but as *receivers* running backs were invincible while your 5 star Randy Moss clone got open on go routes like 5% of the time.

E: Tried update with old save, now looks like TEs don't get open as easily either while running is still rear end.

Running is pretty hard. Even with an ultra back and a solid line, the most rushing yards I’ve gotten in a season was maybe 800, but a poo poo ton of touchdowns just using them inside the 5. The latest update actually has linebackers peel off to cover them, so it’s harder to just dump to the back 95% of the time.

I honestly haven’t had any issues with receivers, but you can’t simply throw it to the guy running a go every time. What I’ve found is if the defense is playing press, the WR will rarely burn them on a straight go route, however, if they are playing off coverage, the WR will eventually... But you may get sacked waiting that long. If they’re playing off, it’s really easy to just rifle it out to the WR, as if it was a screen, and take the easy yards if the QB has a a bad arm (This is huge with backup QBs). For go routes straight up the field with the defense in press, I turn most of those into comebacks or back shoulder fades at 7-10 yards and they’re usually wide open.

The same pretty much applies to most post routes to the middle of the field, but you can lead those a bit more for consistent gains too. Crossing routes work the same way, and you can throw it a bit further upfield as well for decent gains with a chance to run away from a DB. The basic comeback routes are great, easy completions once you get the timing down on them.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I think both my coordinators are 4-stars with the talent trait.

What's super annoying is losing your QB on the last game of the season and having him be out for 4 games.

...Really? :confused: I’ve done 30+ seasons and not only have I never lost my QB for the playoffs, I’ve almost never had a long term injury going into the playoffs at any position. I’ve had some guys go down late in the season, maybe miss one game, but everyone is usually back by the divisional round, and totally by the conference championship.