Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I followed the rabbit-hole (mistake) from the karen thread after diving into this image:

The discord belongs to some YT channel called "approved journalism" that appears to be obvious satire, but its hard to tell. Half the people on the discord don't seem to be in on the joke or just trolls. I usually prefer my satire to be funny, and I'm not even sure what this is meant to be satirizing. Maybe I'm just old and the internet has become an humorless, unintelligible simulacrum. At any rate its loving weird, and probably bad. I don't know anymore.

Here are some weird rear end uploads from the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTalrU75Zxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cRZ3Zzj6Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
A lot of weirdos out there, I agree. Here too.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Having a hard time caren' about this.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 3, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Reach in your butt, grab a clump, shove it in your mouth till there’s more good stuff. :banjo:

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
The weirdest part about this video is his unironic Biden support

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I feel like its heavily veiled alt-right stuff? But I'm not sure how. I just have a feeling, a feeling deep within.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
What's even real anymore?

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

The_Continental posted:

I feel like its heavily veiled alt-right stuff? But I'm not sure how. I just have a feeling, a feeling deep within.

The jounalists have you trained

TatoPancakes
Jun 5, 2019

the brainwaves are thinking
I like how they reference Karen as being as offensive as the n-word said by white people, when they won't even say one, but they'll say the other, effectively invalidating their point before it was even shittely made.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes it feels like there's something a bit off about the United States Of America but the feeling usually passes

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
it's weird right-wing trolls attempting to further stoke a culture war OP

their logic works like this: made dumb fake "anti karen shaming" content, some online leftish person sees it at a glance, takes it for real, starts using "karen" more often, further alienates white women so the alt-right can enlist them into the great white army. the journalist stuff works the same way, but its about further stoking the "enemy of the people" narrative

i think its an incredibly stupid tactic but who knows ppl are stupid too maybe it works

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Society: sucking our own dicks, and dying

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Because of how many alt-right provocateurs mask their bullshit in it I have a hard time thinking that anything that's done as satire isn't just out-in-the-open whatever it's trying to poke fun at anymore.

Like there's a razor thin line for satire that's delicately lodged between where it's someone obviously trying too hard to make a bit and where someone is talking poo poo to see how pliable their audience is before they start to sell them on their poo poo. The Onion and Steven Colbert in his time straddled it well, but now the actual news is crazier than poo poo The Onion used to post.

Anyways I'll have a number 5 with bigass fries.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

When news is outlawed, only outlaws will have news.

Hmmm, doesn’t work as well in this context I guess

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

irony poisoning is what they called it last election cycle, but i'm p sure its just teens getting duped online by foreign nationals pretending to be neo-nazis.

i hate the world that made me write this sentence

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

How has JLFresco not yet suffered from a crippling anal miasma. The mind reels

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

How has JLFresco not yet suffered from a crippling anal miasma. The mind reels

who

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Approved by who?
https://twitter.com/ApprovedNews6/status/1249129911593435136?s=20
https://twitter.com/ApprovedNews6/status/1246081548316815361?s=20

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

irony poisoning is what they called it last election cycle, but i'm p sure its just teens getting duped online by foreign nationals pretending to be neo-nazis.

i hate the world that made me write this sentence

I haven't had the patience to watch one of their vids the whole way through, which is why I threw it to you goons. I also believe that consuming too much dishonest content is actually bad for your brain (hence no reddit, twitter, facebook, etc). Maybe ill give it a shot tomorrow and post my own conclusions though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Is this related to the discord and YT links I posted?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There’s good money to be made in trolling these days OP.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009

The_Continental posted:

Is this related to the discord and YT links I posted?

I don't think so. I've been following this Twitter account for years and it's just fake headlines.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Lowtax DESTROYS Goons With These Two Little Posts

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Is this approved? Are you approved?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Garfield doesn't "Do" mornings!

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
As an earnest post, if my child (fingers crossed) was about to graduate highschool and told me they wanted to go to college for a degree in journalism, that would be a problem

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Inverted Icon posted:

As an earnest post, if my child (fingers crossed) was about to graduate highschool and told me they wanted to go to college for a degree in journalism, that would be a problem

It's a good gig if you're white, go to an Ivy, and your parents can afford to support you for another 10 years of living in New York after college

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JK Fresco posted:

It's a good gig if you're white, go to an Ivy, and your parents can afford to support you for another 10 years of living in New York after college

Just waiting for wolf blitzer to get old enough to die..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The_Continental posted:

appears to be obvious satire, but its hard to tell. Half the people on the discord don't seem to be in on the joke or just trolls.

That's because it's not satire, it's disinformation. The most successful products have the form of satirical memes. An unaffiliated person can retweet the Karen thing with a "lol" while not actually believing it. That's what allows it to bounce around the internet until it hits a radical of the other side, who picks it up in earnest, radicals of all types being at detecting satire. Then the lie becomes truth -- here's this lib tweeting that Karen is a slur against women! This is what the liberals believe!

The other unfunny garbage they're producing doesn't reach beyond the chowderheads who believe anything.

The 👌 thing went the exact same way but that one was so successful that it rebounded back and actual white supremacists started using it.