Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I suppose it’s possible they’re both scum (nep and dgk).

That is actually not possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

SalTheBard posted:

Oh sorry I misinterpreted your results. Thought it just meant thst there was definitely one, possibly more scum in your group. In that case I’m actually more inclined to ##vote nep nep

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##DGK is clearly the better choice in this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
oops ##vote DGK

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

##DGK is clearly the better choice in this.

MODS

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

Hey Sal I'm not actually doubting you but you gave us three candidates and don't appear to have decided on which one to vote

Any thoughts? Obviously they were all scummy to some extent which is why you chose them but it seems we're heading towards either DGK or nep and I'd like your thoughts as the actual cop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m fine with either DGK or Nep to test this cop claim. Their posting also reads to me as scummy before someone accuses me of following the cop.

I definitely would not vote boogie. He seems completely in line with his usual play. So either he’s town or he’s loving cool as a cucumber scum casually killing people and claiming it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A good third option would be Scumwolf.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

Hey Sal I'm not actually doubting you but you gave us three candidates and don't appear to have decided on which one to vote

Any thoughts? Obviously they were all scummy to some extent which is why you chose them but it seems we're heading towards either DGK or nep and I'd like your thoughts as the actual cop

Yeah. I don't think it's Nep, even though I think Nep's attempt to bandwagon me yesterday was weird. I like the cases I've seen about DGK but I personally don't have a real hard and fast view on it. I'm going to be in a spot where I can do some rereading shortly and I want to look at the 3 and come up with something more concrete.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah. I don't think it's Nep, even though I think Nep's attempt to bandwagon me yesterday was weird. I like the cases I've seen about DGK but I personally don't have a real hard and fast view on it. I'm going to be in a spot where I can do some rereading shortly and I want to look at the 3 and come up with something more concrete.

Hmmmmm

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m fine with either DGK or Nep to test this cop claim.

I mean you can't really "test" my claim hard and fast. I just know that ONE of the Three is Not Town. So it's possible that DGK and Nep are both town and it's actually Dmboogie who is the scumbro, in which case I will look like a filthy liar if DGK flips town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hmmmmm. I work on Saturdays and we've been busy today, but I'm about to be in a group that is slow so I can actually focus on the game and not my job :-P

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm honestly not seeing nep nep. If he is scum, it doesn't look like he's aligned with merk and steak. His points appear to be reasonable. Granted it was a quick read but I feel like people were pushing him yesterday and this is a continuation of that. Im not sure why people pushed him yesterday gonna have to read that next

I think the most damning thing about nep is the lack of second kill but if he's actually super jailed it should be pretty apparent if there's no kill tonight

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hum I want to believe but I also don't know if I should trust you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would be very sad if sandwolf is scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

squiggly I ignored your case because honestly I wanted someone else to engage with it, no one else did, when no one else did I figured everyone else found it to be as convincing as I thought

squiggly/hum responding to every post of mine with shade-throwing (without any substantive reasoning for why I'm scum) should be way more of a warning flag to people here.

DGK's post on Nep is pretty good but it also accurately captures his gratuitous role in the weird Sal diversion yesterday, his post voting for merk is so obviously "welp that failed, back to the bandwagon."

Sal, why don't you think it's Nep?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

By the way if you’re curious who had most to gain by Jose dying last night it’s Squiggly. Squiggly would have wanted José to die so he could get off his back. Nothing to do with Jose’s role.

I’d say think about it but most of you don’t seem too interested in doing that.

I also think it's hilarious this post got talked down so hard considering there's a debate in the Discussion thread about why no one does exactly what I tried to do here (i.e. reverse-engineer a NK)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I would be very sad if sandwolf is scum

It’s 2020 only disappointing poo poo happens

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

squiggly I ignored your case because honestly I wanted someone else to engage with it, no one else did, when no one else did I figured everyone else found it to be as convincing as I thought

squiggly/hum responding to every post of mine with shade-throwing (without any substantive reasoning for why I'm scum) should be way more of a warning flag to people here.

I figured people would ignore it for a combo of words and OMGUS

But it's not throwing shade when you continue to engage in the same behavior that I laid out in my case

You're refusing to engage with me even on points that have nothing to do with you. You asked me why DGK and I responded. I asked for you to respond why nep over DGK...and you didn't. You just continue to call me scum for flimsy reasons and lay it at jose's feet. If you want to know why I think you're scum it's because your posts are not good sandwolf. I do not have the problems I have outlined with you here in games where you are town

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ironically, squiggly, you do, because I am town right now

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

I also think it's hilarious this post got talked down so hard considering there's a debate in the Discussion thread about why no one does exactly what I tried to do here (i.e. reverse-engineer a NK)

More WIFOM but honestly man do you really think jose is going to talk about something applicable when a current game is going on and he has access to everyone's alignments

I understand you want me dead but these are just such bad points on repeat

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

More WIFOM but honestly man do you really think jose is going to talk about something applicable when a current game is going on and he has access to everyone's alignments

what the gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

I was very deliberately trying to avoid that aspect of the conversation because now it makes it loving so you HAVE TO be town otherwise Jose is being a bad-loving-sport, goddamnit dude what the gently caress

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

what the gently caress

You're literally suggesting that jose is talking about a game in progress in a mirror thread

What the gently caress indeed

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I was very deliberately trying to avoid that aspect of the conversation because now it makes it loving so you HAVE TO be town otherwise Jose is being a bad-loving-sport, goddamnit dude what the gently caress

Why even bring it up if you thought this was a possible outcome?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah. No poo poo dude. You brought it up so I'm going to respond to it with actual LOGIC instead of whatever bullshit you seem to be trying to pull here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

You're literally suggesting that jose is talking about a game in progress in a mirror thread

What the gently caress indeed

No, I was not. I was literally suggesting that maybe sometimes NKs CAN be reverse engineered. You spent all twilight throwing shade at Jose while defending against yourself but you always made sure to mention you thought he was town. Then the next day he's dead? When he was very singularly pointed at you at the end of the day? HMM?

That's not WIFOM, that's scum killing their most vocal attackers

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

loving anyone other than these two chucklefucks, please report to thread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why even bring it up if you thought this was a possible outcome?

I provided objective reasoning for why maybe we SHOULD consider reverse-engineering the NK

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

No, I was not. I was literally suggesting that maybe sometimes NKs CAN be reverse engineered. You spent all twilight throwing shade at Jose while defending against yourself but you always made sure to mention you thought he was town. Then the next day he's dead? When he was very singularly pointed at you at the end of the day? HMM?

That's not WIFOM, that's scum killing their most vocal attackers

Sandwolf posted:

Cool story bro

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yo.

I understand the point you were making and in no way did it seem like you were saying that Jose was weighing in on this game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I provided objective reasoning for why maybe we SHOULD consider reverse-engineering the NK

Objective. Right. Lol.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Sandwolf posted:

Hi

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
My favorite part is I saw and called this poo poo out in my confessional 4 hours ago because even then it was super obvious what sandwolf was trying to infer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Thank you for responding to my pings in discord Jed! and Binus

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Squiggly, why were you so convinced you would be lunched today while you were posting during night time?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Because I was sure jose and sandwolf was gonna push me until I died

It seemed like there were a number of people ranging from b- to scientastic who believed jose's post about me bussing merk

Decided I was just gonna own my death and continue providing content for the thread for what I thought would be a pretty quick lynch

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I was waiting to call this out until later based on how today has gone, but I also think there were people "defending" me who were actually looking for a way to jump on to a vote for me with a slightly different reason

Case in point: CapnAndy

I'm phone posting so no big examples right now but his posts throughout last night are very hedging and you can see he starts to turn on something very strange which fits within my narrative pretty well

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Classic town b-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

I don't like how you're around to just snipe, would not be surprised if you were scum.