Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

:zombie: GO TOWN! :zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

just to confirm I did protect voodoo again

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

Ho Ho Squiggly, master of Psychology!

Here is what I do know. 2 people's whereabouts were unknown the night Humalong died. You and me. I was jailed last night and Sci died. I'm sure you would be in here making the "Scum withheld their kill" argument if you were jailed and there was no kill.

The fact is, you're it. You're the last scum.

##vote Squiggly

This is not an answer. This is an attack and an avoidance on why you can't track me and confirm I did not kill anyone

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Squiggly posted:

This is not an answer. This is an attack and an avoidance on why you can't track me and confirm I did not kill anyone

It's a logical statement that as the last unconfirmed person, you are Cult.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Like logically if he's town and tracks me, he sees I don't go anywhere and knows his logic is flawed so we actually have to talk today

He clearly doesn't want to think about that and is just going to try and kill me

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I got a lot of poo poo for saying I thought you were scummy, but here we are. You refusing to use your power to confirm a potential townie while just yelling it has to be me while you literally have a power to know that it wasn't

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

I got a lot of poo poo for saying I thought you were scummy, but here we are. You refusing to use your power to confirm a potential townie while just yelling it has to be me while you literally have a power to know that it wasn't

But I did use my power. You're making assumptions here.

Sub did it quite elegantly already but let me just spell it out for you simply. In order for you not to be scum, that means some combination of everyone else is lying (Bminus/Sub, Voodoo/Spoonsy, Me/Sci, Me/Boogie) or, and hear me out here, you are lying. Occam's razor.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

LordNad posted:

But I did use my power.
On who and what was the result please? In the unfortunate event that this game is still happening tomorrow?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Great. See I didn't go anywhere and realize that someone is lying. Wow we really needed to go through you aggressively calling me scum to get to this point

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
The only reason not to use it on me is because you're trying to kill me today

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

On who and what was the result please? In the unfortunate event that this game is still happening tomorrow?

Voodoo and he jailed me as he said.

I got weirded out he went off script. I agreed with you that Voodoo and Spoonsy would be the most likely (and scary team). I started thinking that claiming to jail me was the smartest thing a two scum team could do. Voodoo and Spoonsy are smart and experienced. They knew Sci was going to target me, they also knew that Voodoo's jail targets got no indication they were jailed if they didn't have a night action. Thus they knew they were safe to claim to jail me. Also of the two of them I figured he was the most likely to do the killing because why would I track him over Spoonsy.

I got a little freaked over seeing the kill this morning but Voodoo is telling the truth, the plan worked. Squiggly is the last unconfirmed. Therefore he has to be the last scum.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
You tracked someone supposedly already confirmed to avoid confirming me even though it "has to be me"

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

You tracked someone supposedly already confirmed to avoid confirming me even though it "has to be me"

In a 1 scum left scenario which I believe we are in, there was no need to track you. You're it.

The kill freaked me out into thinking there might be 2 left. So yes I had to see that Voodoo was telling the truth.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

NO loving WAY would you use it on Voodoo. You are scum. And if you are scum, Voodoo is probably scum. Spoonsy showing up when mentioned and refusing to confirm the echo can't be used on previous day's votes makes me think Spoonsy is also scum.

Town, WE MAY BE IN LYLO RIGHT NOW.

The worst case scenario right now is THREE SCUM left, Spoonsy, Nad, and Voodoo.

We should not lunch Squiggly today. If it's really Squiggly, town still wins after flipping two of those three.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Now there's 8 scum? That would mean a 10 scum to 16 town population, No way.

7 scum? 9 scum to 17 town population, not likely as that still is skewed in scum's favor at the get go.

6 scum? 8 scum to 18 town pop, most likely.

Sub Rosa posted:

Actually looking at this again, if Squiggly is scum, I think he has to be scum alone. Because if there are two scum and Squiggly is one, there is still the problem that someone else is lying in this chart.

Nad, I know I've been riding your rear end for days thinking you are scum, but if you are actually town, and squiggly is town, it's Voodoo and Spoonsy.

I saw this and agreed.

I just disagreed on who would have done the kill.

With Voodoo I get tangible results, either he is lying or he jailed me as he said, results I can work with either way. With Spoonsy, I either get nothing or track him to the kill. Even with a nothing result, that wouldn't have helped. It could still have meant my hypothesis that Voodoo did the kill.

Sub you were dead wrong on Xopods. Refused to even consider him and hounded me. I hounded Xopods and Cheese into the lunch. Two flipped scum. EVERYONE IS CONFIRMED EXCEPT SQUIGGLY.

The night humalong died
Spoonsy confirmed a charge before Voodoo claimed to jail him. Are they both lying? Confirms them both as NOT KILLERS THAT NIGHT
You yourself claimed to charge Bminus and he agreed. Are you both lying? Confirms you as NOT A KILLER THAT NIGHT
Sci claimed to give me a charge and I agreed. Are we both lying? Scis flip and this confirms him as NOT A KILLER THAT NIGHT
I tracked Boogie that day and he did indeed protect Voodoo. Are we both lying? Confirms Boogie as NOT A KILLER THAT NIGHT

The ONLY two people not confirmed were Squiggly and Me. Today I claimed to get a charge and Voodoo confirms he jailed me. I just tracked him to me today and he's not lying.

In order for your theory to work, Spoonsy, Myself, AND Voodoo have to be lying meaning the Cult had EIGHT MEMBERS.

Or just squiggly is lying. Which one is the most likely possibility?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
You literally only had to use your power on me if you agree I'm the last scum to see where I went

The only reason not to is to kill me today. There's no reason to use it on anyone else if you agreed with sub and are town

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

You literally only had to use your power on me if you agree I'm the last scum to see where I went

The only reason not to is to kill me today. There's no reason to use it on anyone else if you agreed with sub and are town

You are logically the last scum based on dual confirmations of night actions, there was no need to confirm it. Plus you are conveniently ignoring the possibility that you have an ability to negate any attempts to track you. It is impossible for anyone else to be scum with 1 left. Not improbable, not unlikely, impossible.

I worried at the possibility of 2 scum left so had to verify the one person I was sure would have been able to pull it off.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Nad, if you are town, then you know it's either Voodoo and Spoonsy, or Squiggly. And Spoonsy or Squiggly did the kill last night. If it's Squiggly, as you are saying, but didn't confirm, we can lunch Spoonsy and have Voodoo jail Squiggly, and town doesn't lose.

What is more likely doesn't matter when we have it in our power as town to win against any of the possibilities. If we presume the worst case scenario and act accordingly, this is a Town win no matter what.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

Nad, if you are town, then you know it's either Voodoo and Spoonsy, or Squiggly. And Spoonsy or Squiggly did the kill last night. If it's Squiggly, as you are saying, but didn't confirm, we can lunch Spoonsy and have Voodoo jail Squiggly, and town doesn't lose.

What is more likely doesn't matter when we have it in our power as town to win against any of the possibilities. If we presume the worst case scenario and act accordingly, this is a Town win no matter what.

Spoonsy was jailed yesterday. Humalong was killed.

LordNad posted:

I know Night action directing is "scummy" but hear me out.

Boogie needs to stay on Voodoo. Voodoo is our most potent weapon right now.

Sci either juices me or Hum (His choice, keep it a secret)

Voodoo jails Spoonsy, Maigius, or Squiggly (His choice)

Killing Sci means either Hum or I will have our action AND we'll have another shot at lunching/jailing the right guy
Killing Boogie means either Hum or I will have our action AND we'll have another shot at lunching/jailing the right guy
Killing Bminus (confirmed town) means either Hum or I will have our action AND we'll have another shot at lunching/jailing the right guy

Their best bet is to kill either me or Hum in order to try and waste Sci's juicing. But even then we'll have another shot at lunching/jailing the right guy.

If Spoonsy is jailed and the kill still goes off, lunch Maigius/Squiggly and jail the other. GG (Examples used are arbitrary as this works no matter what order they are jailed/lunched)

If Spoonsy/Maigius/Squiggly is jailed and no kill goes off. GG

Remember the plan? We are literally at that point. Everyone is confirmed. Squiggly is not. Squiggly was NOT jailed. A kill went off. Squiggly. Is. Scum.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

If we lunch Spoonsy tonight, Nad tomorrow night, and then Squiggly if both Spoonsy and Nad flipped town, or Voodoo if not, this is a town win no matter if it's one scum, which would be Squiggly, two scum, any combination of Spoonsy, Nad, and Voodoo, or three scum, all three of Spoonsy, Nad, and Voodoo.

##vote Spoonsy

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

LordNad posted:

Remember the plan?
Your plan doesn't guarantee a town win, mine does.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

You are logically the last scum based on dual confirmations of night actions, there was no need to confirm it. Plus you are conveniently ignoring the possibility that you have an ability to negate any attempts to track you. It is impossible for anyone else to be scum with 1 left. Not improbable, not unlikely, impossible.

I worried at the possibility of 2 scum left so had to verify the one person I was sure would have been able to pull it off.

According to known town information yes

For someone who has supposedly thought about all the possibilities you're ignoring a lot of possibilities about items or other abilities unknown to town and doing everything to make me the unavoidable lynch when you had the power to clear me

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

If we lunch Spoonsy tonight, Nad tomorrow night, and then Squiggly if both Spoonsy and Nad flipped town, or Voodoo if not, this is a town win no matter if it's one scum, which would be Squiggly, two scum, any combination of Spoonsy, Nad, and Voodoo, or three scum, all three of Spoonsy, Nad, and Voodoo.

##vote Spoonsy

If I am scum, Spoonsy and Voodoo also HAVE to be.

Or just squiggly is scum. Vote squiggly and end the game. Using your logic, Spoonsy can be jailed tonight if the game doesn't end. Spoonsy can NOT be the last scum, only squiggly.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

According to known town information yes

For someone who has supposedly thought about all the possibilities you're ignoring a lot of possibilities about items or other abilities unknown to town and doing everything to make me the unavoidable lynch when you had the power to clear me

It's already established that elements of this game are inspired by ToS. The Necromancer was a Coven role (dlc which added new scum). Let me tell you about another coven role, the Hex Master. The Hex Master can kill from afar, making trackers/watchers worthless.

In order for someone else to be scum, at least 2 people have to be lying. In order for you to be scum, just you have to be. Night actions confirm everyone else, you are not confirmed.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

Your plan doesn't guarantee a town win, mine does.

How does lunching squiggly today instead of Spoonsy differ from what you are saying.

With one scum left, SPOONSY CAN NOT BE SCUM.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

LordNad posted:

If I am scum, Spoonsy and Voodoo also HAVE to be.
No, it could be any combination of two out the three.

LordNad posted:

Or just squiggly is scum. Vote squiggly and end the game. Using your logic, Spoonsy can be jailed tonight if the game doesn't end. Spoonsy can NOT be the last scum, only squiggly.
Using my logic, the game could possibly end today with a scum victory if we lunch squiggly. So yeah "Vote squiggly and end the game." is not something I want to do because that's not who I want to win.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

Spoonsy was jailed yesterday. Humalong was killed.

Remember the plan? We are literally at that point. Everyone is confirmed. Squiggly is not. Squiggly was NOT jailed. A kill went off. Squiggly. Is. Scum.

Remember the plan?

Wasn't the plan supposed to confirm me last night into today?

Why are you referencing something that doesn't exist at this point because scum are clearly avoiding it?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Sub coming in with the last second critical thinking I'm sorry I doubted you

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

LordNad posted:

How does lunching squiggly today instead of Spoonsy differ from what you are saying.

With one scum left, SPOONSY CAN NOT BE SCUM.

With one scum left, yeah, it's Squiggly, and my plan wins for town. If there is more than one scum left, a possibility you have to admit is not disproven, my plan wins for town. You do not fail to understand my plan. You do not want my plan to be accepted because you are not town.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

No, it could be any combination of two out the three.

Using my logic, the game could possibly end today with a scum victory if we lunch squiggly. So yeah "Vote squiggly and end the game." is not something I want to do because that's not who I want to win.

Remember when squiggly Voted for someone other than Xopods? The guy with a terrible claim who was lying about being confirmed masons, remember that guy? The guy who flipped scum.

Squiggly posted:

Remember the plan?

Wasn't the plan supposed to confirm me last night into today?

Why are you referencing something that doesn't exist at this point because scum are clearly avoiding it?

Yeah and the guy who was supposed to stick to it deviated. That's why I tracked him and not you. The plan did confirm you as the killer.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

With one scum left, yeah, it's Squiggly, and my plan wins for town. If there is more than one scum left, a possibility you have to admit is not disproven, my plan wins for town. You do not fail to understand my plan. You do not want my plan to be accepted because you are not town.

Spoonsy and Voodoo are scum - They lied yesterday and the day before (Voodoo just refrained from jailing both days). Then they jail me giving me a charge to use and hoping I don't use it on Spoonsy. Possible but very unlikely as I disagree with a 7 cult premise and they're giving me a tracker.

Spoonsy and Me are scum - This means we had to correctly guess THREE nights in a row that Spoonsy would be jailed twice and then myself in order to get the kills off. Much less likely and I still reject the premise of 7 cult.

Voodoo and Me are scum - We are both lying today. But then for Voodoo to be scum how do you explain the lack of a night kill when Boogie was jailed. He claimed to kill Hambeet WAY before Sandwolf came out as the unconfirmed mason. His kill flavor was unique and not seen since. That would mean that the scum withheld the nightkill why? To implicate Boogie? To clear DGK? Possible but more likely that Boogie was saved from a night kill.

You and Squiggly are scum - This is the most likely to me in a 7 scum scenario as Squiggly could have been killing while you charge Bminus. You both didn't vote for Xopods. I still reject the basic premise the cult had 7 people to start.

It's squiggly.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Even IF there are 2 scum left, tomorrow would be LYLO not today.

I trust Bminus because of his flip.

I trust Voodoo because of his play.

I trust Boogie because I believe he was saved from a NK, the JAILER (#1 scum target latter half of a game) is still alive, and I tracked him to Voodoo.

Because I trust Voodoo, I trust that Spoonsy was jailed the previous 2 nights.

I don't trust your play only that you charged Bminus.

I definitely don't trust Squiggly's play or the fact that he is ALONE IN BEING UNCONFIRMED.

You were dead wrong about Xopods. You are wrong about me and I don't like or understand your insistence that Squiggly not be launched as the ONLY UNCONFIRMED PERSON.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

Remember when squiggly Voted for someone other than Xopods? The guy with a terrible claim who was lying about being confirmed masons, remember that guy? The guy who flipped scum.

This didn't happen. I didn't vote anyone else. And I was clearly on the xopods is scummy bandwagon. I'm on my phone but you can control f my post history and see i called xopods out for meta on like d2

quote:

Yeah and the guy who was supposed to stick to it deviated. That's why I tracked him and not you. The plan did confirm you as the killer.

The guy deviated and instead of seeing I didn't do the kill like he was supposed to...you tracked someone supposedly already confirmed

This is so desperate and bad

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

This didn't happen. I didn't vote anyone else. And I was clearly on the xopods is scummy bandwagon. I'm on my phone but you can control f my post history and see i called xopods out for meta on like d2

The guy deviated and instead of seeing I didn't do the kill like he was supposed to...you tracked someone supposedly already confirmed

This is so desperate and bad

You are correct I should have looked at the time stamps. They were two posts apart.

Yes I tracked the guy who deviated because if he was telling the truth, it cements that you are the last one. Again you're ignoring the possibility that you could have an ability that renders my tracking useless. Like say a utility vest that can BLOCK actions.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
You're gonna look real bad tomorrow. Hope you're not town for your own sake or you just lost the game for town

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

You are correct I should have looked at the time stamps. They were two posts apart.

Yes I tracked the guy who deviated because if he was telling the truth, it cements that you are the last one. Again you're ignoring the possibility that you could have an ability that renders my tracking useless. Like say a utility vest that can BLOCK actions.

What are these logic leaps

I have a vest that blocks actions now? So you investigating me would have blocked you and confirmed something was off but you still didn't do that so I still have to be lynched today. Either way, you screwed the pooch by not confirming me. It looks intentional

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

This didn't happen. I didn't vote anyone else. And I was clearly on the xopods is scummy bandwagon.

Yes I just looked into all your mentions of Xopods. That's all they were just mentions. Never cased him or voted him until it was clear from Sci and I pushing that he was going to be lynched.

In fact:

Squiggly posted:

I am a bit paranoid but it seems like there are some very prolific posters who are pushing xopods and a bunch of people staying quiet about it. I think more people need to weigh in

I'm starting to wonder if this is simply a case of people who are around and active but actually all town pushing each other while scum sit in the background

Here you even walk back your suspicions when Voodoo calls you on it

Squiggly posted:

Here's the thing. D1-D3 he's here but not really doing a whole lot in my mind. I called it out but in one of our night chats he popped in to make a joke but didn't comment on anything actually happening. Science's post call-out highlights what I find to be reasonable posts, which without a reread was not what I was focusing on when finding him scummy

What he's doing now is pretty meta and what I expect to see out of him. The question for me is now, is it an act? And I'm currently undecided on that

Squiggly posted:

Subs case isn't bad. It presents an alternative to xopods. However, I think I need to see xopods or nad flip to interpret it. This is because xopods seems to be the only one under any pressure up until this point. Is it an alternative to scum? I'm not sure off the top of my head if sub has commented on xopods at this point

Spoiler it was bad and 80% based on D1.

The fact of the matter is that when push came to shove and someone made a case on someone you supposedly found scummy, you didn't jump on that poo poo. You backed up "Maybe scum are staing in the background while town make cases on each other", "I'm undecided", "Hey Sub's case isn't bad and it's an alternative, huh right guys?".

No if you found Xopods as scummy as you claimed you would have been all over that poo poo from the get go.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Oh no man 65% sure doesn't overcommit because he doesn't actually know people's alignments news at 11

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

What are these logic leaps

I have a vest that blocks actions now? So you investigating me would have blocked you and confirmed something was off but you still didn't do that so I still have to be lynched today. Either way, you screwed the pooch by not confirming me. It looks intentional

I brought up the Vest because that was cheese's ability. I'm merely citing that there could be a number of reasons my tracking would have been blocked or sidestepped ie you having a hex masteresque ability.

The plan worked. Everyone is confirmed except for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Surprisingly enough, xopods was one of the votes that caused me to pause on merk

But that's still not the issue

You're trying to distract from the fact that you had a verifiable opportunity to confirm that I didn't kill anyone

Everything else at this point is malarkey so you can say tomorrow "but look at how scummy he was anyway it wasn't wrong at all"

When it was