Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

The year is 2076, it’s January, and the Great Dragon Civil War has just ended. The world has, at least for now, reached a semi-balance of peace. The place is one of the most dangerous, The Pueblo Corporate Council city, Los Angeles, on one of California’s many islands. It sits on top the rigged catacombs of the now retired sprawling metro system, it’s tall skyscrapers dwarfing the sky in all but the richest district. This is where we start our story, with a van that’s over a hundred years old, and 5 people with love and life shining brightly from within.

It was the dead of the night, and the sky was a bright purple. LED lamp posts glinting off the sky illuminating the now permanent brown clouds of smog above. Morgan’s watch flashed 10 PM, it was time to go, they got into the van with their lifelong friends since their time together in a now defunct orphanage in the Infierno. A slum used to contain meta humans and the poor alike, repeatedly razed and horrifically over-populated. they sat in the van with people they had known since they were a child. It was their first job, and the excitement was palpable. The music they played was thumping and loud, thick in bass, they sang along as they drove out to the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzqiVH2iJhY

The van was older than they were, the outside of it was a light purple, faded from years of wear and tear, rusted metal poking through the chipped paint. It had been retrofitted with a miniature hydrogen battery, a single small dish stood on top attached by magnets, and when the van reached high speeds it would bend as though it was about to fall off. Flowers painted on the side of VW Bus glowed with LEDs that jutted out from tiny holes in the van in a random pattern with no rhyme or reason.

Morgan reached over and flipped off the radio as they pulled up to the gate. A security guard looked them over, and Morgan passed him a fake ID. “We’re the musical talent for the Tsubaki party.” The bored guard took the ID and scanned it as Morgan beamed at him. He waved them on in, and as they did Morgan took note, “Beverly Hills - Now Protected by Knight’s Errant.” As they drove up to the address, their mind wandered to earlier this week.

It was a hot summer day, and Morgan was sweating through their tank top dark spots showing beneath their armpits. “I don’t have it,” Morgan said, “But I’ll get it soon.” His landlord was a troll, with a thick hide, and a thin temper. He smiled jovially, and put his arm around morgan, the stench of sweat oozed off of him like a week old gym sock. His thick brooklyn accent was almost as thick as the man’s skull. “Don’t worry Morgan, don’t worry, I’ll tell youse the same thing my Dad told me when I was 18.” He roughly turned morgan around to face him, “You get me my loving money by the end of the week, or I’m going to have the nice Ork gang, who lives down the street break both your goddamn kneecaps. You scan me?” Morgan nodded with a gulp, “Right yes, of course.”

Morgan pulled up a 3D blueprint of the target's house, “I just want to go over this one more time,” they said. “The Mr. Johnson I pulled this from seems like a good dude, and he’s taking a risk giving us our first job, so pull your poo poo together and don’t gently caress it up. From the top now, just so there’s no mistakes.”

“Our job is to eliminate a Shategashira, a Yakuza Lieutenant, that’s been peddling a new magically enhanced version of fentanyl. We don’t know who are employer is, but he’s been in hiding for nearly 6 months. Mr. Johnson has good intel that he’ll be showing up at this birthday party. It’s his niece’s sweet 16, so it shouldn’t be too well guarded.”

He switched the feed from the 3D blueprint to a drone floating gently over the complex. It was the only lit building on the street, like a pimple about to pop, throbbing and white. 2 guards stand at the entrance, they check IDs as people walk in. Morgan stared at them absent mindedly as he gave a run down of the plan.

What are Morgan’s preferred Pronouns?

M.) He/him/his
F.) She/her/hers
T.) They/Them/Theirs

We are...
Human
Dwarf
Elf
Troll
Ork
Some other meta-variant

Now…

A.)I’ll be Getting our infiltration team through the front gate, as the Face of this group I’ll be instrumental in making sure the guards don’t check our credentials too hard.
B.) I’ll be the hermetic Mage, going in with the infiltration group, in charge of making sure only the right person dies from this job.
C.) I’ll be the Shaman, this job will be way easier with some spirit muscle around us
D.) I’ll be the real muscle, as a physical adept I’ll be able to keep the team safe from any security inside without murdering everyone with weapons.
E.) I’ll be watching from a vantage point we rented out across the street. With a thermographic scope and a .50 cal rifle, I’ll make sure no matter what happens our infil team gets out safe.
F.) I’ll be inside of the Van jacked into the security system to make sure that you guys don’t show up on the camera’s
G.) I’ll be inside of the Van working with the drones to provide surveillance of the outside of the facility from angles the sniper can’t see.

Continue...

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
F

TROLL

A or D

I actually kind of love the idea of a Troll Face tbh

Podima fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 9, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
T ELF C

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
T

Ork

C

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
T ELF A

We're also the cybered-to-the-gills ninja getting it done without magic. An array of subdermal plates and pigmentations let us simulate the race, metatype, build and gender of whoever we need to be. Or morph our arms into guns and knives. That'll be for later though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Podima posted:

F

TROLL

A

TROLLFACE

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

F Troll D

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

F

Troll

F

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
F Troll C

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
T

Troll

C

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

T
Troll
D

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

M

Troll

G

I just like the mental image of a giant troll hunched over a terminal or whatever in a crampes-rear end van playing with his remote controlled toys. For the run, of course. Definitely not for funzies.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
F
Troll
D

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

T ELF F

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 9, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
T, Troll, E. I don't know how the sniper was also the one handing over the ID, but I look forward to finding out!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

(Say, what voting mechanics are we using? Majority rules or random from all votes, or hybrid (sometimes one sometimes the other based on the vote) or something else entirely? )

F
Troll
A

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
T

ELF

F

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B
Dwarf
A

DWARFFACE

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Voting is closed now...

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

They or Her: 1d2 2

As for the Face / Physical Adept split, we will be both, A Martial Arts Social Adept. (Shadowrun 5e: Street Grimoire.) Click for Character Sheet

“It’ll be simple, Delara, Antonne and I are going to go in using these fake passes as the musical talent, that’ll get us, and more importantly, our things inside the front door.”

Delara snapped up when her name was mentioned, she absentmindedly pulled her hair over her elvish ears. “Hey, we’re on the job now Morgan, you have to call us by our street names.” Morgan stared at her and her massive frame heaved with a tiny laugh as she tried to keep her composure.The giggles and tittering around the van was getting contagious “I’m sorry do you really want to go by the name Serene? Not like Deathblast, or Killdozer or some-”

“It’s my Sperethiel name in english. I like it, and it fits me.”

Morgan sighed, “But we’ve talked about this, your street name shouldn’t be related to your real name, it’s like a business thing. Like your E-mail, or your screen name online, if people can use it to track you down.”

“What about Serenity?” Delara said.

“Well… Actually I like that, and you have to use my street name.”

It was Serenity’s turn to giggle, “Sure thing Acid,”

“So me, Serenity and uhh… Antonne what was your name?”

“Rite-Aid”

“Like th-”

“Look, if I’m just coming along to keep people from dying, then I want a name that says what I’m going to do.” Antonne said grumpily.

“Ok, Me, Serenity and Rite-Aid,”

“It’s Serenity, Rite-Aid, and I.” Serenity interjected.

Whatever! We are going to go in posing as the musical talent. My natural good looks, and stunning charm will get us easily past the front guard, then we play a few sets, wait for Old Uncle Yu, geek him and split Meanwhile...”

A.)(m/f/t) ...Our life partner…
B.)(m/f/t) ...Our sibling...
C.) (m/f/t) ...Our best friend…

“...Deadeye watches from on high, in fact we should make sure that everyone is in our encrypted chat room because Deadeye being in position marks the start of the mission.”

>>DeadEye: check
>>Quiet: /nick Serenity
>>>>>>Serenity has changed her nick from Quiet, to Serenity
>>Serenity: check
>>Rite-Aid: check
>>Acid: check
>>Barnum: check
>> Bailey: check
>>Acid: Everyone can see each other’s messages right?
>>Rite-Aid: I’m still getting use to typing with my bra- I wonder if I can use my Shadowname to get l-
>>Rite-Aid: DELETE
>>Rite-Aid: This sucks.
>>Serenity: lol, no-one is going to gently caress someone named Rite-Aid, except for maybe a corporate drone in one of the arcologies.
>>Acid: lol
>>Barnum: lmao
>>Bailey: You can turn off the auto-complete settings, that way it only picks up the stuff you concentrate really hard on.
>>Deadeye: Alright, I’m going to go get into position.
>>Rite-Aid: Why didn’t you tell me this when we got these stupid things
>>Bailey: I thought it’d be funny.

The back of the van slid open, and Deadeye disappeared quickly into the darkness.

“Meanwhile Barnum and Bailey…”

D.)(m/f/t) (m/f/t) ...The Twins ...
E.) (m/f/t) (m/f/t) …The Lovers …
F.) (m/f/t) (m/f/t) …The two musketeers…

“Will be scrubbing all video footage from tonight, and keeping an extra eye in the sky on the opposite angles that Deadeye can’t see.” Acid finished. “So that’s it, everyone knows what they’re supposed to be doing. Barnum, can you help Rite-Aid get his commlink unfucked? I don’t want to read his panicked thoughts while I’m in the middle of killing a Yakuza.”

>>DeadEye: If I get Uncle Yu on scope, I’ll take the shot, but if he keeps away from the windows it’ll be on you guys.
>>Acid: Yeah, I was about to get to that.
>>Barnum: Ok Antonne, so first go into your settings>preferences>Chat & Interface menu
>>Rite-Aid: I don’t see it.
>>Bailey: Click File
>>Rite-Aid: Got it.
>>>>>>Acid has turned off her Heads up Display.

Morgan sat back in the front seat, and looked over at the big mansion. She ran through her comm link and brought up her music folder.

https://open.spotify.com/track/21pvTwnGMszRbHQr8hVUGh?si=6CRuOpZ7Rnmc15cvxph33g
(Depth - PrototypeRaptor)

As the music started bumping, Morgan smiled. She was kind of excited, yeah she was sneaking in to blow the whole thing to smithereens, but ever since she was young in the Infierno she wanted to see how the rich lived. Like how they really lived not like on the trids. She was too smart to try the BTLs, she had seen many strung-out junkies in her time in the pit. It was exciting, and while everyone was laughing, she was getting pumped. They all knew what this job meant.

They all knew what happened next would change their lives forever. They’d be Shadowrunners, real life bad asses kicking corporate rear end, making mad money, and being in charge of their lives for once. She’d be able to tell her landlord to gently caress right the hell off, she had his loving money, and she’d never have to worry about rent again.

With her cut of ¥10,000 she could finally stop living in the poorest part of the city, and get a decent apartment that doesn’t have people strung out on Betameth trying to rip copper cables out of walls that haven’t had copper cables for at least 50 years. Hell she could actually afford a decent meal, and if this Johnson is on the straight and narrow, they’ll all have work for a long time.

She was broke out of her daydream by a light tap on her shoulder, it was Rite-Aid, “Turn your HUD back on, it’s go time.”

Morgan grabbed her synth, it’s stand, and two speakers that were almost as tall as Rite-Aid was. Rite-Aid and Serenity both grabbed guitar cases, and together they walked towards the back entrance. Morgan flipped on her Heads Up Display as they crossed the street.

>>DeadEye: Well get her back on comms then, I’m in position, and the party is getting started, you don’t want to get spotted in what basically amounts to a probable cause on wheels.
>>Acid: I’m up, I’m up!
>>DeadEye: Good.
>>Acid: I’ve been meaning to ask where did you get that rifle and the goggles
>>DeadEye: Remember when that Lone Star got gutted down the street from my apartment?
>>Acid: The one they didn’t clean up for like a week, and he ended up bursting on some poor kid who was poking him with a stick?
>>DeadEye: No, lol, the one after that that they cleaned up right away because of what happened to the last one.
>>Acid: Yeah..?
>>DeadEye: Well, I grabbed his poo poo
>>Barnum: You loving what?
>>Bailey: How’d you even get it to unlock
>>Barnum: Those things are gps tracked
>>Bailey: are you loving kidding me we had that in the VAN!
>>DeadEye: Don’t trip, I knew a guy who cleaned it for me, pop opened the lock, removed the GPS, and it only cost like a ¼ of what the rifle would have on the market.
>>Barnum: How do you know that thing worked?!

Acid felt like a piece of cold lead had just been dropped into her stomach, and she broke out into a cold sweat. How could they be so stupid?! She felt for a moment like calling the whole thing off. Just perform her set, grab their poo poo and go. They reached the back entrance, and Acid placed down her speakers and rummaged in her back pocket for the card. “Hey, I’m Jenny, of you know, Jenny and the Pixie Sticks?” She handed it over to the drone which amounted to a barcode scanner, a camera, and a LED display which silently took it. It sputtered and whirred for a moment before it’s LED display ;) we’re in. The door opened on it’s own, and Serenity and Rite-Aid threw on their masks.

The masks were giant disco balls from a bygone era. Though where a bunch of tiny mirrors would be on a disco ball this had tiny LED screens that boomed and bounced with the sound of their footsteps. Acid put her hand to her face and let her hair grow out until it was long and bright pink. She let her horns grow and grow until they spiraled like a ram’s and obstructed her face, which she realigned to be softer, smoother.

>>Barnum: Hey ya’ll just wanted to let you know, Bailey is jacked in, and this place had some nasty IC
>>Serenity: Well it’s the Yakuza, I can’t imagine they follow most safety standards.
>>Bailey: It was nothing, I cut through them like butter, all will fall beneath my blade.
>>Barnum: I’ve got eyes on the back, it looks like people are starting to get in now, no Uncle Yu though.
>>Acid: Well, we’ll find him when we do the concert, no-one can miss us singing ;).

Acid, Rite-Aid, and Serenity quickly moved through the back of the house, when a elvish woman with a sparkling green dress, and a stern as stone look etched to her face. “Wait, who the hell are you, and why are you lurking around the servant’s entrance?”

Acid stepped up quickly, as the woman reached up to her ear, “We’re the new talent? Jenny and The Pixie Sticks, Hi I’m Jenny.” Acid held out her hand to shake the woman’s, “I don’t know if it was you who we talked too on the phone? But we’re the replacement band for Bacon Mayo Salad? They had to last minute cancel, and like, they needed someone to cover and here we are. Do you not remember us, I performed for you specifically,” Acid leaned down low and whispered into the woman’s ear, “And we were electric.” The elf blushed and smirked for just a second before she recovered with the same serious face.

“Of course, of course dear how could I forget, follow me,”

>>Barnum: I can’t believe that worked.
>>Acid: Don’t forget, I’m magic too😻
>>Bailey: How would that even work, like, physically
>>Acid: It would work just fine rear end in a top hat.

Acid rolled her eyes and placed her speakers down on the stage, people had already started to file in, it looked like someone had already set up most of the equipment needed, and it was easy enough for Morgan to slot everyone’s instruments into the set up. She looked around the room. It was a huge concert hall, it had windows on one side, a large banquet hall that was slowly filling with people. Tiny red-vested waiters made there way through the crowds, like sharks through a sea of anchovy, only they were the delectable morsels instead of the other way around. The stage seemed to be hastily made, it was spray painted plywood that had a slight bounce to it, the Curtains were all drawn, and they were illuminated with a rainbow of lights from the LED chandelier. The floor that wasn't covered in Plywood, or people, was a beautiful piece of marble, with thick gold veins running all through out it. People stood on the second floor, which was open to the main area. There were twin tables covered with food.

>>>Acid: How many guards are in the mainroom?
>>>Bailey: 8 armed Yakuza, and 6 Knight Errant that are providing extra security.
>>>Acid: I wonder why he doesn't just have his own men guard the place?
>>>Bailey: Don't know, maybe things aren't going well in the Yakuza, Mr. Johnson didn't mention who exactly is paying us to wax this guy.
>>>Acid: You're sure you're going to wipe this from the camera's?
>>>Bailey: Of course, no-one will know you sing, I promise.

Acid, walked up to the microphone, “Hey uh… Everyone, we’re Jenny and the Pixie Sticks. Here's a song about, uh... Me... I guess.” Then, they started to play.

https://youtu.be/AutS-dYmvtc

They were nearly at the end of their scheduled time, when the lights dimmed down low, and the Birthday girl showed up, on her arm was a middle aged Yakuza, his hair was cut into a sharp business cut, and he wore a steel grey suit. His face was smiling, and he was staring down as the girl walked down the stairs holding arms with him.

>>Bailey: I’ve got him on Camera, that’s definitely him.
>>DeadEye: gently caress, I don’t have a shot.
>>Acid: We knew that unless he was on the front lawn you weren’t going to get a clear sight of him. He’s staying away from the windows, and he’s keeping his niece on the left side. Do you think he knows?
>>Barnum: Nah, you probably already noticed, but there’s no windows on the right side, so the only way a sniper could get a shot at him would be from the left.
>>Acid: Well… This is it then?

G.) Go Loud - drop your act right now, and jump on him asap.
H.) Go Quiet - finish your last song, see if you can get closer while people are mingling before the three of you pounce.
I.) Go Quietest - Don’t play anymore music, see if you can get close while the lights are off
J.) Something doesn’t feel right. Call it off.

Continue...

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 12, 2020

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

BF

H

Stick to plan for now. We're all clustered up on the stage which makes for easier targets, while I'm guessing the birthday girl gives him a human shield cover bonus of some kind.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Here's our troll girl's character sheet, the other character's sheets will not be public knowledge, but this will give a good idea of what Morgan is, and is not capable of. Remember in Shadowrun that 3 is considered the "average human"

https://github.com/BobaPearl/Shadowrun-Morgan-s-Fall/blob/master/Acid%20-%20Morgan-1.pdf

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Blasphemaster posted:

BF

H

Stick to plan for now. We're all clustered up on the stage which makes for easier targets, while I'm guessing the birthday girl gives him a human shield cover bonus of some kind.

voting this

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Blasphemaster posted:

BF

H

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
H.

Stall for a bit and see if something plays out, something don't feel right.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Hey everyone, remember there are TWO (arguably three) character votes here!

A - F
D - F / F
H - Stall as long as we can to see what's going on

Thematically I like the inversion of the usual adventuring party set up. A lot of times you get a bunch of men with one nurturing female healer. This time, we can go with a group of rear end-kicking women with one put-upon male healer. If that pans out, we can go with Team Valkyrie or something similar as the team name, which will give Anton something else to complain about. It'll be fun! :dance:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

jng2058 posted:

Hey everyone, remember there are TWO (arguably three) character votes here!

A - F
D - F / F
H - Stall as long as we can to see what's going on

Thematically I like the inversion of the usual adventuring party set up. A lot of times you get a bunch of men with one nurturing female healer. This time, we can go with a group of rear end-kicking women with one put-upon male healer. If that pans out, we can go with Team Valkyrie or something similar as the team name, which will give Anton something else to complain about. It'll be fun! :dance:

Changing to this for Anton's tepid complaints of ladysplaining and misandry.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Blasphemaster posted:

BF

H

Voting for this. Genders don't matter.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Voting is closed

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Our street samurai is...
B.) f ...Our sibling (Orc)…
Our hacker (human) and rigger (gnome) are...
F.) f/f …The two musketeers…

H.) Go Quiet - finish your last song, see if you can get closer while people are mingling before the three of you pounce.

The group keeps playing music as the lights die down. Acid starts playing slower and her band mates caught on quick enough. Soon they were playing a slow classical song to accompany the uncle and his niece walked down the stairs, “ありがとう” he said, and put up a hand and waved at the band. They quickly stopped playing, and Uncle Yu started some sort of speech. Morgan and the group stayed on stage, and watched him continue.

>>Acid: What’s he saying?
>>Serenity: I don’t speak Yakuza I don’t know
>>Bailey: I can pull up a translator app for you guys, I think I got it around here somewhere
>>loading C:\poo poo\important poo poo\transbot\translate.exe -verbose -japanese -english
>>TranBot: And I want to reiterate how special and important that moment was to me.
>> It has been 14 years since my Darling niece, Tsubaki came to live with us, and while the circumstances were incredibly sad, I have made sure that she has never gone without wanting.
>> Even this party is a testament to the bonds of our family, and it would not be possible without all of the people in this room.
>> So please a round of applause, for yourselves.

The room exploded into applause, a few of the younger yakuza hooted and hollered, while other merely clapped politely, the younger woman on the stairs smiled brightly, and waved at them all.

>>That’s not all though, I have a surprise for my niece.

The light flipped around and pointed at the stage, fully illuminating Jenny and the Pixie Sticks,

>>Acid: Oh gently caress
>>Serenity: What do we do?
>>Rite-Aid: Just fuckin’ wave or something
>>Serenity: Oh nonono
>>Acid: Stop panicking, this would be a weird way to blow our cover
>>Rite-Aid: I knew we shouldn’t have missed the rehearsal
>>Acid: I had work
>>Rite-Aid: This is your work now.
>>DeadEye: What’s going on?
>>Bailey: Wait, there’s a wifi node at the back of the stage. Looks like it could be a pulley or a drone or something.
>>Acid: Ok just act natural and get off the stage.

Together they smiled and waved and stepped off the stage, as they did the plywood boards that made up the stage started to pull apart, the wood screeched in protest as it was roughly pulled along the marble floor, a keening noise as something seemingly pushed them from the inside. As the stage split apart the smile on Tsubaki’s face grew wider and wider, until a high pitched squeal left her lips, she left Uncle Yu and dashed as quick as she could to where the stage had split. The spotlight hung, and her present sat there, gleaming.

The stage had been built around a GMC Phoenix. The car was all smooth lines, it was bright pink, with a red phoenix stenciled on the hood just above two air intakes slits. The front of the car had a large grill and 4 LED bulbs that were off. There were lines that wrapped around the wheel to a spoiler in the back, and the wheels were omni tires, giant balls that could move in any direction. The gull door silently swished openned as Tsubaki approached. She squeaked happily and got in the car. Uncle Yu laughed.

>> See I knew she’d love it.

As she climbed into the car, the party started to close in around her, giving her congratulations and admiring the car from afar. Acid and the crew started to slowly make their way around the outside of the party, approaching Uncle Yu. Who was moving back up the stairs quickly, Morgan tried to approach him but was stopped by security.

>>Barnum: Oh poo poo.
>>DeadEye: What?
>>Barnum: I just did another sweep of the perimitter, there’s 3 Lone Star patrol vehicles coming in from the main gate. They’re headed straight for the building.
>>DeadEye: Do you think their coming to break up the party?
>>Barnum: Could be that, or they could be tracking their loving sniper rifle you dense rear end in a top hat
>>DeadEye: I’m not dense, besides I told you, I got it stripped.
>>Bailey: Uh guys, Uncle Yu is going back to where I don’t have eyes.
>>DeadEye: Ugh the scope on this rifle just turned off, I can’t see anything
>>Barnum: Bail dude, just leave the rifle there and come back to the Van.
Acid didn’t have time for this, “Sorry, we’re finished with our set, we need our money from uncle Yu?” The security guard raised an eyebrow and touched his ear. He whispered something under his breath. Morgan spread her feet apart slightly, and smiled as she slowly, almost imperceptibly changed her stance so she could go at a moment’s notice.

>>Tranbot: Can someone ask Uncle Yu, or Delia if they remembered to pay the band?
>> Are you sure?
>> Ok, over and out

You were already paid your money, now if you could please see yourself out, this is a private party.” Morgan could see Uncle Yu, she was positive she could make it to him in just a few seconds, hulk out jump past security, it should be simple enough. She could also see that security was slowly circling her

>>Serenity: How many of them are there Bailey?
>>Bailey: It looks like 5? Counting the two at the stairs, they’re sending one guard per person
>>Rite-Aid: What do we do?

Morgan frowned, and tried again, she leaned in close and whispered to the guard, just like she had done with the stage manager, “We’re supposed to attend to Uncle Yu… Personally” She said, letting magic drip off her every word. The guard looked at her, and raised both eyebrows, and then furrowed them. “Look I said no you giant loving freak.” Morgan attempted to keep a hold of her temper, and started to fail miserably.

>>Bailey: Oh no… He said the F word…
>>Serenity: gently caress
>>Rite-Aid: gently caress
>>DeadEye: gently caress
>>Barnum: DeadEye get out of there now. They’re surrounding the building.

Morgan snorted angrily, and grabbed the yakuza by the back of his head. The Yakuza reached for his sword but he was too slow, Morgan brought his head down into her raising knee. There was a loud crunch, a spurt of blood out of both his ears, and a satisfying crushing sensation as she sent qi bouncing around the inside of his head. The other Yakuza pulled out his weapon, and turned on Morgan who grabbed him by his leg and smashed his entire frame into the ground. His head cracking open and brains spilling out onto the marble.

>>Serenity: We were only supposed to kill Uncle Yu, they were very specific on that part of the Job
>>Acid: Rite-Aid fix them up.
>>Rite-Aid: Their brains are supposed to be inside Morgan, their brains are not on the insides.
>>Acid: Just fix them up. This is the reason you’re even here.
>>Rite-Aid: God loving damnit Morgan. And I’m here because I’m the only one who's not a blood thirsty psychopath. gently caress I’m gonna have to touch brains. You loving suck.
>>Acid: You suck
>>Barnum: poo poo I can’t keep eyes on you and DeadEye. She needs my help guiding her around the Lone Star.

>>Acid: Ok here’s what we do.

A.) We finish the loving job, Lucy hosed up and will have to fend for herself. She’s armed and dangerous, she can handle it.
B.) We finish the loving job, Barnum, you back up Lucy and we’ll just go without outside surveillance
C.) Everything’s hosed, let’s just bail out of here and go help Lucy escape the Lonestar
D.) Everything’s turbo hosed, Barnum you get us out of here now, Lucy’s on her own
E.) Write-in

Bookmarked the thread, but want to know when there's updates vs. When there's a ton of votes? Want to ask questions to me directly? Want to suggest stuff behind the scenes and sometimes get art work early? Join us in the Discord, and ask for the "A Spoiled Milk Run" tag. https://discord.gg/uwUYXeE

Continue...

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 16, 2020

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Hmmmmm, B

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

E - Modified B: Have one of Barnum's drones grab the bugged rifle and deliver it into the building with the party. When Lone Star rushes the place, use the confusion to whack the target and get out.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
B

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

jng2058 posted:

E - Modified B: Have one of Barnum's drones grab the bugged rifle and deliver it into the building with the party. When Lone Star rushes the place, use the confusion to whack the target and get out.

From B to this

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

jng2058 posted:

I like it. We may want to consider also putting a remote explosive with the rifle for extra fun.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Blasphemaster posted:

I like it. We may want to consider also putting a remote explosive with the rifle for extra fun.

Ha, yep!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Voting is Closed

BUT while you're here, how long do you want to see between updates? I tried to give this one more time for people to read and update than the last two, as an update a day or every two days may be a bit too fast since obviously not everyone has as much free time as I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I think your current pace is just fine. Last vote had about half a dozen responses with a gap of about a day between last response and close, so that's a good benchmark.