Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

SA record.txt posted:

Most expensive alcohol bottles - $80, Crimson

Wtf I don't remember this. Plus I own much more expensive bottles now. This poo poo needs to be kept current.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah that number stood out right away as being too low. lol that drat promotional Fallout rum or whatever was at least $70 I'm pretty sure.

These records are out of date!

That's my record and you'll get it from my cold, dead hands. Just give me this one thing...I have nothing else.

I don't know what year it was from but that seems shockingly low to me too. I have bottles worth a little more than that these days. If we're updating the record I have a couple of these in storage that are trending over $20,000.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

weed cat posted:

What did you pay for them?

I personally didn't buy them but I manage the inventory for a close friend. I ain't that rich. I could go grab and drink it though so I think it counts.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Docahedron posted:

Are any of these goons still posting?

I don't know if I should be proud or in the deep throes of depression about the fact that I've been posting here for nearly 2 decades.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

zer0spunk posted:

depression 100%

Fuuuuck. I'm gonna stare out my rainy window for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

UltraRed posted:

How the hell is a 10 year old bottle of worth $20,000+? What's the story with that?

It's from arguably one of the finest vineyard sites in the world, which also happens to be a rather tiny site so the production is very small. The winery itself is legendary, and with age their Pinots can have an otherworldly, intoxicating aroma and flavor profile that can transcend just about any other wine. In the last several decades they've become the de facto collectible bottle for the wealthy, and they continuously drive the prices higher and higher. Chinese billionaires in particular love to gobble it all up and they bid the prices so high because they don't give a poo poo what it costs. The wine is amazing, but not worth it unless five figures for a bottle of wine means little to you and your bank account.