Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##vote DGK

Let's be honest I sort of want to vote every single one of you right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Pretend that last post had the "Sandwolf is this serious" and the "I'm rusty" posts by DGK quoted.

Also hello old friends and new.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Quidthulhu (1): Somberbrero
DGK2000 (1): Voodoofly
Somberbrero (1): Hal Incandenza
yuming (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Mr. Humalong (0): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (10): Akarshi, DGK2000, merk, Mr. Humalong, NAGA LIU KANG, nerox, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 27th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Somberbrero posted:

You claim d1 so it doesn't lead to confusion with the cop and really that's about it. There were some schools of thought that thought it best to policy lunch them, but it never caught on afaik.

I really feel like it's best to policy brunch a miller claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here I am to save the day

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

nerox posted:

Hello something awful forums poster nerox. Since nothing else is happening here, why don't you tell me about why we should always munch anyone who claims Miller?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You could maybe make the argument for killing Millers, but this is yuming here. She would never lie to us :angel:

nerox
May 20, 2001

Somberbrero posted:

Hello something awful forums poster nerox. Since nothing else is happening here, why don't you tell me about why we should always munch anyone who claims Miller?

I may just be a fan of eggs benedict, so we should always brunch all claims.

Also, since I haven't played mafia in a long time and don't know the "meta" about miller claims and nothing else is going on in the thread here is my miller thoughts.

PRO
Sheriff doesn't waste an investigation knowing it will come back bad.

CON
Miller claim will always be unknown until the flip and mafia can always use that claim to seed doubt if they are actually a miller.

Conclusion:
My thoughts: Being a miller puts you in a bad spot. Claiming D1 puts you in the spotlight early in the game and the miller is going to have to be very townie throughout the whole game.
Claiming miller as cover for being mafia is going to be really hard, cause you might have to sell out one of your scumbros to keep it going. A miller who is always on the wrong side of a lynch is pretty suspicious.
At the same time, not claiming miller on D1 and trying to claim miller after a sheriff's investigation is just going to look super suspicious.

So I am in the claiming miller D1 is the right move and you shouldn't lynch for it camp.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm probably the opposite: I would never claim miller and just roll with it if/when it matters. I'm also in the camp that while I don't think you should execute a miller on general rule, they should NEVER be allowed to make it to endgame.

I'm also someone who used to put many roles in my games where you were a miller if you performed an action that night, or if you did x (my vigs usually became millers after they shot), etc. I also often had a lot of miller roles when there was no cop as well.

TLDR: I'd execute Yuming if nothing better exists solely from the claim, but I prefer my vote on DGK. Probably vote anyone involved in that little back and forth he was in.

And I'd vote Humalong solely for calling me scum.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

I'm probably the opposite: I would never DAY 1 claim miller and just roll with it if/when it matters. I'm also in the camp that while I don't think you should execute a miller on general rule, they should NEVER be allowed to make it to endgame.

I'm also someone who used to put many roles in my games where you were a miller if you performed an action that night, or if you did x (my vigs usually became millers after they shot), etc. I also often had a lot of miller roles when there was no cop as well.

TLDR: I'd execute Yuming if nothing better exists solely from the claim, but I prefer my vote on DGK. Probably vote anyone involved in that little back and forth he was in.

And I'd vote Humalong solely for calling me scum.

Mafia edit

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m sorry. I didn’t pick the scum team, I just saw the mod doc.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m sorry. I didn’t pick the scum team, I just saw the mod doc.

Fair. Can we vote Grandicap then?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Somberbrero

"Let's dive into a worthless general mafia discussion!"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

we’re not actually considering testing a miller claim are we? I’ve seen so many drat millers flip on these here forums recently.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

##vote Somberbrero

I’m not positive but I think that’s Somber tryna engage and test the newbie?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not positive but I think that’s Somber tryna engage and test the newbie?

Egg and test the newbie on content that actually matters then. What would you learn if the newbie's general mafia position on Millers is ridiculous and makes no sense? What would you learn if it's perfectly crafted? It's not helpful to finding scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
FOR EXAMPLE: Nerox, outside of your policy lynch, who is scum and why?

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

nerox posted:

Eh I've rolled Miller recently. Im fine testing it.

It makes sense to claim it d1. Also makes sense for a policy lunch, but easy out for scum.

I'm okay with testing it though.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Retro Futurist posted:

You could maybe make the argument for killing Millers, but this is yuming here. She would never lie to us :angel:
ikr. I can't believe anyone would want to kill me :sparkles:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

##vote Somberbrero

Oh I'm sorry to distract from all the valuable discussion that was going on.

nerox posted:

So I am in the claiming miller D1 is the right move and you shouldn't lynch for it camp.

nerox posted:

Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful response something awful forums poster nerox. However, I found it a little curious that you seem to do a 180 on your previously established position as noted above. I'm interested in the thought process here if you care to elaborate at all.

Voodoo, can you talk to me about the dgk vote? What's your take there?

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoa, that opinion flip from nerox

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Voodoo, can you talk to me about the dgk vote? What's your take there?

Gut day 1 lack of anything really worth voting trying to get engaged need to vote someone etc etc etc. The "I'm rusty" and "Sandwolf are you serious?" just felt a bit off, like a rusty scum player maybe worried about getting involved on day 1 jitters or something.

nerox
May 20, 2001

merk posted:

FOR EXAMPLE: Nerox, outside of your policy lynch, who is scum and why?

Let me clarify, that my "policy brunch" post was a joke based on the quoted post saying "policy lunch".

And I don't really have a feeling for anyone being scum yet, but as soon as I do, I will post about it!

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

nerox posted:

Ok lol I can see it as a joke

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still a bit :goofy:

But I think you come out ok there nerox

nerox
May 20, 2001
I never claimed to be good at joke phase :(

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lot of old heads coming back to mafia and being caught off-guard by people using lunch instead of lynch.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lot of old heads coming back to mafia and being caught off-guard by people using lunch instead of lynch.

lmao

nerox
May 20, 2001

Mr. Humalong posted:

So that's a thing? I thought it was a phone posting auto-correct.

I recognize a lot of names/avatars from last time I played: DGK, merk, voodoofly, Hal, and Yuming.

Sandwolf and Somberbrero sound familiar, but those avatars aren't familiar.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote NLK

Not going to lie, this is just another gut ping coupled with the fact that your avatar, while lovely, is annoying as gently caress when you scroll through trying to get reads. It's like my eyeballs keep getting pulled to the left every few seconds.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

nerox posted:

So that's a thing? I thought it was a phone posting auto-correct.

The word 'lynch' has some unpleasant connotations that some of us have decided are inappropriate to an internet party game. It's not a hard and fast rule, I personally just prefer to use alternatives and 'lunch' is a fun sort-of homophone. Thanks for the clarification something awful forums poster nerox.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Thanks for the clarification something awful forums poster nerox.

Is this sarcasm or a joke or something?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

Is this sarcasm or a joke or something?

I think Somber has decided to make it their ‘thing’ today.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Voodoofly posted:

##vote NLK

Not going to lie, this is just another gut ping coupled with the fact that your avatar, while lovely, is annoying as gently caress when you scroll through trying to get reads. It's like my eyeballs keep getting pulled to the left every few seconds.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

##vote NLK

Just do what I do and tell him to write better next time

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

If you have a better vote option right now I'm all ears.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

I also felt that flip of opinion was super bad but lol it was definitely a joke about “lunch” which makes me feel dumb

I’ve been around forever nerox!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Gut day 1 lack of anything really worth voting trying to get engaged need to vote someone etc etc etc. The "I'm rusty" and "Sandwolf are you serious?" just felt a bit off, like a rusty scum player maybe worried about getting involved on day 1 jitters or something.

This was a better case than the one you just posted on NLK (which sucks)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Eh I've rolled Miller recently. Im fine testing it.

It makes sense to claim it d1. Also makes sense for a policy lunch, but easy out for scum.

I'm okay with testing it though.

This post caught my eye the first time. It says absolutely nothing but allows NLK to claim he voted to kill a miller or voted to avoid that down the line.

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Whoa, that opinion flip from nerox

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Still a bit :goofy:

But I think you come out ok there nerox

Nothing posts but the last one is what I found off. Saying so much to not take any sort of stance.

And another nothing post.

It's a lot of posts to say almost actively stay as neutral as possible. It's worse than anything DGK posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

This was a better case than the one you just posted on NLK (which sucks)

I disagree. My vote on NLK is as sucky as D1 cases come, but its better than my vote on DGK which was pure just gut check lets get things going.