Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The setup was super interesting. I think me claiming doc today results in my lynch. Never would I think that in another setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
survivor in a 13 player game makes no sense -_-

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

the game probably would have been saved if we had lunched me instead of akarshi.

You would have survived Somber. Your hide ability also protected you from special day rules the day after you hid. The lights out was a special day rule. Votes would have been reset, you would not have been executed, day would have continued.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

merk posted:

I kept Quid around for days so he’d lose like this. It felt good.

That's pretty lovely! Don't know why you feel emotional manipulation as a play strat is acceptable!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

You would have survived Somber. Your hide ability also protected you from special day rules the day after you hid. The lights out was a special day rule. Votes would have been reset, you would not have been executed, day would have continued.

huh!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidthulhu posted:

That's pretty lovely! Don't know why you feel emotional manipulation as a play strat is acceptable!

I’m always looking for new ways to play. I might be the man in black.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

yuming posted:

Aww I didn’t want you to die either RF. I was like aww man about it.

RIP Town. If only we could’ve listened to one another~

The only person you needed to listen to was me :colbert:

Good game for the most part, just bummed we lost this one. It was real obvious from my end!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

It’s merk and Voodoo isn’t it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It is.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidthulhu posted:

The only person you needed to listen to was me :colbert:

Good game for the most part, just bummed we lost this one. It was real obvious from my end!
After Voodoo flipped merks defense of him would’ve looked worse!

merk as scum was the last on my possibility list today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ahahaha solid victory Voodoo and merk, well done to bring it home. I don’t know how to play scum I think lol

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

Ahahaha solid victory Voodoo and merk, well done to bring it home. I don’t know how to play scum I think lol
Your first defense against DGK fooled me, but later in the day your tone felt hesitant and after you cased DGK I was sold you were scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t know how to do it yuming it’s hard!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Also Akarshi drat you were on fire. Well played.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I try to learn something from every game. Quid, giving you poo poo aside, I kept you around because I wanted to learn how to stay alive with someone who nailed me as scum. I was experimenting.

This game, I learned that I still don’t know how to fake content as scum. My best d1 case was against my scum buddy, and I know it was the best case because I know he’s scum. I’m not sure how to change that in the next game.

I also learned that you can find a scum win when it seems impossible. I didn’t mean for Sandwolf to be lynched d1. Voodoo and I both were busy at various points and thought the game was over. However, we kept trying.

As a final thing I learned, I take the game one day at a time regardless of alignment. Here, I just tried to stay alive today and could figure out tomorrow.

People probably don’t care about these reflection posts. I only do them as scum. But I like to learn in every game. It’s why I still play.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Voodoofly posted:

Also Akarshi drat you were on fire. Well played.
Yea keep playing Akarshi you rule. :sun:

I don’t like playing scum either! Ask merk for tips idk

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Setup Doc
Flavor Doc

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’m probably less formal about it but I also wanted to push for new things this game: specifically I didn’t ever want to vote sand or merk if I could help it. I think I have a tendency to bus sometimes because like merk I find it hard to make cases on people I know aren’t scum. That’s why I decided to try so hard to keep sand alive day 1 too no avail.

For Akarshi, I’ve made vigilante survivors in 13 player games so I just tried to make any case for him to be one here. It was pretty obvious Grandi had thought hard about the roles and setups so I was at least hoping he would flip some 3rd party right up to the end, even if I thought he was townie as hell.

Also RF that apology post was sincere. I had a horrible day and with the protest stuff was in a bad place and totally took it out on you. I almost didn’t make the apology because I didn’t want it to seem like it was to influence the game but I really felt bad about it the next day.

Also today the claim on yuming probably wasn’t the best move but I’m pretty exhausted and just thought let’s win or lose today.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Thanks for running the game Grandi, had a great time playing with everyone! Congrats to scum for the victory!!

By the way, I'm still very much convinced on the merits of The Plan!! I really wanna effortpost about it later again but I still think mass lunching from scummiest to towniest was a great idea, and not just because it would have worked with my desired order! :sun:

I actually really like the idea of doing a reflection post lol so I'm gonna go for it.

When the game started, I was super duper stoked to see that I had gotten a day vig role! I wanted to use it right away, and was actually terrified of a scum dayvig shooting me before I got the chance to use my own shot lol. The chance was very unlikely, but I just really wanted to shoot haha.

I was fairly busy with stuff around D1 so I didn't really get the chance to look as deeply into things as I woulda liked, which I think set me up to be mislunched later on since I was never quite able to dispel the suspicion around me. Looking how people talked themselves out of being scumread, probably the biggest action involved was directly engaging with players in their posts. I think I spent too much time this game doing larger posts without engaging as much with the players themselves.

Which brings me to all the stuff around my evangelizing for The Plan, which is where I think a lot of things went wrong. In general, I probably should have eased off of the gas that day and focused on engaging with other players and asking them why they were voting for me. But another thing is, while I was pushing heavily for The Plan, I didn't engage the people I should have while talking about it. I was talking to Voodoo a lot about it, I was sulky that Merk dismissed it etc but those two were literally my top scumreads at the end so there wasn't much point in talking with them about The Plan. The people I actually needed to convince, my townreads, I didn't engage with directly at all. Notably, Yuming and Quid were two people that should have been onboard with the plan given how they were the consensus two townies at the time, but I had assumed that they would be convinced by The Plan simply by reading my posts summarizing it - but I should have actually talked with them about it.

Another lesson I learned was the dangers of putting too many things in my confessional and not enough things in the thread. For example, in my confessional, I had thoughts about Nerox being town after all, but after I posted that in my confessional, I forgot to actually put it in the thread. There were also various bits and pieces of reasoning for why I thought people were scummy, people were towny etc that also never made it in the thread. I think that's something I just need to be more mindful of in the future.

Finally, I shoulda saved my vig shot for D2 ;)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Akarshi you were great. I do agree the mega posts might not be the best way because engaging with people is important to get your views across

Also as someone who played way before discord was a thing I’d say ignore the confessional other than to make fun of the mod. If you have thoughts put them in game don’t worry about them being wrong or going back and changing your mind just post it. At least that’s my theory. I usually do it. Some people will call it scummy but who cares it gets people talking.

But seriously well played you had the reads now it’s as you said: learning how to get others to go along with you.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I was so happy I got to make that pineapple tin reference and you just took it and ran with it beautifully.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Just checking on interest for my next game. Would people prefer a Wishbone game, an Avatar the Last Airbender game or a The Little Mermaid game, or I guess the sequel to my The Brave Little Toaster game?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wishbone for sure. I hate that loving dog and I'd like to kill him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You’re gonna make em all grimdark aren’t you!!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wishbone flavor has crystalized a bit, it shouldn't be as harsh, but the other ones, probably.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'd be super down for Wishbone! What's the story, Grandi??

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

Just checking on interest for my next game. Would people prefer a Wishbone game, an Avatar the Last Airbender game or a The Little Mermaid game, or I guess the sequel to my The Brave Little Toaster game?

I like The Little Mermaid idea the best, but that's why I'll vote against it, cause I might get caught up and be too busy in that Anidav game soon :v:

...hang on, are we talking Disney version, or the oldschool already grimdark version?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Disney version. A companion piece to my Lion King game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Make it grimdark and I will play

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

Make it grimdark and I will play

I never plan on it being dark, but when I have to come up with a reason for them to not be in the group anymore, while isolated on fieldtrips, my hands are narratively tied. What? Are their parents going to come and pick them up? Actually, that would have worked.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

I never plan on it being dark, but when I have to come up with a reason for them to not be in the group anymore, while isolated on fieldtrips, my hands are narratively tied. What? Are their parents going to come and pick them up? Actually, that would have worked.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Grandicap posted:

Well now that you mention it