Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
On Capital Hill, the Work Lobby is hard at themselves convincing legislators to create more jobs and tasks for people to do. Take out the trash, they say. Now your lawn needs to be mowed. Now you need a degree to mow your lawn. Hard Work is good for your health, claims new study funded by the Labor Department. Don’t spend all your time under a bridge making can art, demands Big Work. Occupations are the Jobs of the Business World, like the biblical character resolute that g-d (or the Market) will provide plenty of resources even while you’re stricken with HPV and all your sons have had their throats slit (bankruptcy). The Workplace reinforces toxic social norms like the concept of acceptable/unacceptable dress and Work. Child Labor propagandizes our young people into believing Class/Homework are “money” or their job at the factory “boss”, so when they legally enter the workforce at 14-16 they’ve already been incorporated into the Employment Industrial Complex.

I’m no economist, but here is two cents
- if you’re in school drop out
- steal books from the library
- grow root vegetables (turnip, etc.)
- stop wearing pro-business slogans
- change what people currently call you -that’s your work name
- have orgies only with other people refusing to work unless it’s having sex with workers for the purpose of getting them to quit their jobs
- when you see a depiction of workers in the media (Clerks, the news), loudly complain for all to hear how this normalizes having an occupation
- stop frequenting places where business occurs
- relax
- abdicate all family and social responsibilities

* this post was funded in part by the nap foundation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

I agree OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are you like, the guy with the plastic piece in his head that breaks poo poo for his robots to clean up in the fifth element? I can’t really stomach these “society is sheeple” thinkpieces without puppets and metaphors please jazz this post up a little op.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Big Nap would have you believe that working is immoral. Don’t believe their lies! Working can get you out of your parents house, and into that cubicle you’ve always dreamed of. Like commuting? You can do it every day. And the best part? WORK pays YOU.

Join the workforce, you can sleep when you’re dead.

Paid for by Your Boss

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
:D
8D
8=D
8==D
8===D
8===D~ o: <- you

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So I should have a nap? or not have a nap?

i'm confused

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Cubone posted:

8D
8=D
8==D
8===D

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Work is only good if someone is doing it for you and you are getting the profits

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

How do I get money to afford designer sneakers then, OP?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That OP looked like too much work imo

The Final Seraph84
May 16, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
"All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
-Samuel Butler

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

quote:

- have orgies only with other people refusing to work unless it’s having sex with workers for the purpose of getting them to quit their jobs

i do find that being employed has helped me seem like a more attractive mate come to think of it

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
let's engage in actions that will generate profits for the company!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Hammerite posted:

let's engage in actions that will generate profits for the company!

lets cautiously invest in stocks that traditionally do well during times of crisis and come out the other side better than we came in!

also, lets treat essential workers as essential and nationalize the industries required to keep them safe

thanks

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
im not a scientiest nor engineer but i smoke a lot of weed and i suspect that industrial hemp could probably make a shitload of masks

or if not directly, it could add to a supply chain that would alleviate the overall situation

haha ah man imagine lobbying against that still

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Work sets you free

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

8D
8=D
8==D
8===D

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

im not a scientiest nor engineer but i smoke a lot of weed and i suspect that industrial hemp could probably make a shitload of masks

or if not directly, it could add to a supply chain that would alleviate the overall situation

haha ah man imagine lobbying against that still

Republicans hate the HEROES act put forward in the House for COVID stimulus funds because it has the word 'cannabis' more than the word 'job' by word count.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

gently caress me dude its like these people are so obvious even an idiot stoner like me can dream up their entire agenda while i eat beef jerky and shitpost

christ people really are stupid as a whole

E: for clarity, i hadnt read that and dont read the news much at all beyond what i come across here.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

qt beging to be tamed

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

why does she have a button with a picture of herself on it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zR6ROjoOX0

The Final Seraph84
May 16, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Mythology of Work
Eight Myths that Keep Your Eyes on the Clock and Your Nose to the Grindstone

https://crimethinc.com/2018/09/03/the-mythology-of-work-eight-myths-that-keep-your-eyes-on-the-clock-and-your-nose-to-the-grindstone

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I always get the hardest cia vibes everytime I try to listen to the crimethink podcast or look over the site

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Sorry you got herpies dude, its the weekend tho.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

why does she have a button with a picture of herself on it

Maybe it's Halloween

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Big labor wants you to slave your life away in exchange for green slips of paper. I'm not buying it.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I love these type of comics and stuff that always draw poor people hanging their head in shame like it's some kind of fetish.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sad because it’s the weekend and you don’t get to go to work? Don’t worry! From the makers of “work” it’s “yardwork!” Now you can enjoy all the benefits of working at home with none of the downsides (like getting paid).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Applewhite posted:

Sad because it’s the weekend and you don’t get to go to work? Don’t worry! From the makers of “work” it’s “yardwork!” Now you can enjoy all the benefits of working at home with none of the downsides (like getting paid).

Lol with new work from home standards, everyday is a work day to my boss!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What if your work is about minimizing the amount of work necessary to accomplish tasks?

Like working really hard to build a machine that makes work unnecessary or inefficient.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

What if your work is about minimizing the amount of work necessary to accomplish tasks?

Like working really hard to build a machine that makes work unnecessary or inefficient.

Good news! Instead of doing less work, your machine will just mean you work the same hours, but your expected output is higher!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Abolish the wages system imo.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

i have reported this entire thread for wrongthink. ENJOY JAIL YOU HOBOS

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

work SUCKS!!!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Applewhite posted:

Good news! Instead of doing less work, your machine will just mean you work the same hours, but your expected output is higher!

No, that doesn't make any sense. See, I made the system more efficient and have reduced the amount of work hours needed. Surely there will be less work? I will be rewarded for this right?

Surely once we automate industries, workers will be taken care of by the capitalists that no longer need them?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

No, that doesn't make any sense. See, I made the system more efficient and have reduced the amount of work hours needed. Surely there will be less work? I will be rewarded for this right?

Surely once we automate industries, workers will be taken care of by the capitalists that no longer need them?

Sure, in the same sense a mob boss uses when he says "take care of him..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I know!
she left me roses by the stairs...