Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I absolutely hate Dr Who because it's so unrelentingly grotesque and morbid, coupled with a snobbish judgey hero who wags their finger at everyone. I bet all the companions who survived their tenure ended up as jaded alcoholics.

The problem with modern Who is it's made by fanboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Let's just say "All of Voyager and Enterprise" so we can move on from them, or we'll be here all year listing stupid episodes.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Moo the cow posted:

How about the Star Trek TNG where Dr Crusher fucks a space ghost?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Zc8Co2H3w&t=319s

Worst part was that a big chunk of the "drama" was that Dr Crusher was maybe going to leave forever! Even at the time, I was thinking "Oh no. Please don't go. Please don't force the producers to bring back the far more interesting Dr Pulaski and remove any last reason for Wesley to ever return. Anything but that."

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not the same writer, but there was an episode of Transformers where the Decepticons bring an asteroid into earth orbit so they can mine it for something, and it turns out to be an egg for a giant alien bird monster thing. I wonder if David Wise "borrowed" the idea from Superfriends.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Weird. Hideo Kojima was born in 1963, but somehow named Manly Wade Wellman sixty years prior.

e: Part of the problem Beast Wars had was that setting it on prehistoric Earth wasn't decided until partway through the series. This wasn't helped by the decision to make Beast Wars part of G1 continuity. Compounding the issue is that Beast Wars drools, G1 rules.

Sunswipe has a new favorite as of 00:22 on May 21, 2020

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL G1 is loving terrible. I dare you to watch the pilot through as an adult.

Again? Not sure what that'll prove, but ok.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You're right except it was Alex Cord (Archangel in Airwolf) who was the lead in one of them. Otherwise, yeah, Roddenberry basically made the same thing twice trying to get the idea off the ground.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Dumbest thing in the Star Wars EU had to be the repeated return of Palpatine. "Hey, we can make all new Star Wars stories with no constraints! Let's just do the Original Trilogy over and over again!" Thank god Disney made the EU non-canon so they could tell exciting, all-new stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not sci-fi, but there's a sequel to The Eagle Has Landed (The Eagle Has Flown) where the German colonel and the IRA member who survived the attempt to assassinate Churchill stop an assassination attempt on Hitler by Himmler for the same reason: Himmler taking over wouldn't let Germany win the war, but he would probably be able to drag it out even longer.