Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hi everyone i will be your replacement on this fine evening

i refuse to read day 1 and will unconditionally trust the first person who summarizes it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

also im in EST so i will be asleep during every deadline

im a real winner

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hambeet posted:

It was bad.

thank you hambeet i would now die for you

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

##vote dmboogie

can i help you

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

people need to stop having names that arent their usernames imo

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Venom Soag posted:

Bif is bifauxnen

Gaspy is asphyxiated

I'm Michael

thank you michael

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i lied about not reading day 1

i think soag's case on bif is the absolute worst day 1 case i've ever seen

##venom soag

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote venom soag

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote venom soag

just kill me now

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

If I’m right then Bif did in fact just work out you were Soag and I now have to go over yesterday for poo poo I might have missed.

gaspy literally said what he meant by that

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

as the person who caught cloner's scumslip last time we played mafia together im not really feeling the case on him

self consciousness seems to be a p. common newbie trait

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

That’s not even the case on him but sure

it's half the case on him and i don't think his wild accusation this phase is a smoking gun either

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

it's half the case on him and i don't think his wild accusation this phase is a smoking gun either

elaborating: cloner is absolutely doing some very unsubtle gambit here but i disagree that it's inherently scum or that it means he killed vote

maybe he just wanted to poke one of his scumreads with a stick who knows

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Cloner of the Elks posted:

hey Asphyxious did you kill VOTE1 because he put a vote on you? Now's the time to be honest

i think it's an incredible stretch to call this 'framing' and not like an opening shot to start off the day

though the complete lack of any follow-up does make this look worse.........................

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i think hal is just nice : )

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

lmao

i dont really see a contradiction here though. cloner is talking about slipping, and his D2 opener was a very deliberate shot

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

Thanks for the response, as you said it looked scummy, but props to owning it. Im not sure scum would do that with one vote on them near deadline with no clear lynch.

this was VOTE1's last interaction with Cloner before the day phase ended, where it seemed pretty clear that VOTE1's read of Cloner was shifting in a more townly direction. Why would scum!Cloner kill them then?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

it obviously isn't impossible but gaspy is arguing that Cloner killed VOTE1 because they voted for him

i'm arguing that VOTE1's unvote and semi-absolution of Cloner works to cancel out the "i am killing someone on my shitlist" motivation

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im going to sleep now have fun you australians

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Venom Soag posted:

If you kill someone who has shown good scum hunting skills but has eased off on you, then you get rid of a good scumhunter and avoid suspicion

why would Cloner be savvy enough to do this, but clumsy enough to immediately draw attention to it by shouting at gaspy?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

good morning australia

let me just take a big sip of coffee while i catch up with whats been happening-

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hambeet posted:

you've spent a lot of your first day defending cloner.

it was the first big case of the day and i disagreed with it, why wouldnt i engage with it

cloner's posts since then have been, not great, but he still reads like a mad townie to me

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

you know what they say, time won't grind us down to dust again

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

you know what they say, time won't grind us down to dust again

cant go wrong with carmen miranda's ghost either

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hes a goddamn hero

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

It means he thinks the people who think he’s scum are scum.

so do you think he's scum, or that he's just doing a bad job at scum hunting?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

It means he thinks the people who think he’s scum are scum.

this isn't an argument for him being scum, though

this is alignment neutral especially for newer players

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Asphyxious posted:

As is Elks hyper focus on himself and his own reasoning has been a key part of my catching him and the one thing you keep very clumsily pretending doesn’t exist.

idk man i can see what you're referring to here and it's a little off but i don't agree that it's this level of damning

Tommu posted:

I don't understand why you'd focus on every player in a period of time rather than actually trying to build a case (for elk it would be a false narrative because hes scum) on X players you think (or want others to think) are scum. This reeks of BAD busy work to give the illusion of scum hunting.

people dont automatically know how to scumhunt when they start playing mafia for the first time

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Anidav posted:

Cop: I'm telling you now she's town.
Gaspy: *lights cigerertee* a liekly story but have... you considered being wrong.
Cop: !

i'd vote anidav to avoid a NL but these posts are good and it would make me sad

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hambeet posted:

wait didnt' anidav say similar earlier?

lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

idk anidav hasnt been a posting superstar but he's been around and has made some content posts, whats the case here other than "he isn't around right now"

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

this game feels like it has a lot more players in it than it actually does and i think thats loving with my perception a little

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

that's because HOLY gently caress do beet, gaspy and soag post a lot

hard to call out lurky posters when they're struggling to keep up with 200+ posts by D2 :psyduck:

is auspol the dark souls of mafia

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

speaking of lurking i genuinely forgot The Before Times was in this game

ive almost surpassed them in posts now

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

The Before Times posted:

:siren: I'll tell you if it becomes at all relevant :siren:

lmao what was all this even about

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i gotta post the thoughts as i have them, boss

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Can't speak for anyone else but I've dropped my scumread on Gaspy based on their actions today - if they were scum trying to get a lunch happening on Bif then why would they not lie about a night action to boost that claim and carry on today? Instead Gaspy has said a night action lead them to change their mind on Bif.

this would be an extremely obvious thing for scum pushing a bad case to do though

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

this would be an extremely obvious thing for scum pushing a bad case to do though

i mean faking a night action would be pretty obvious and when bif flipped town gaspy would immediately be under the microscope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

D1 Gaspy said he wouldn't believe any cop reads so if this is what he was planning to do it seems a bit backwards

the obvious implication there is that he isn’t a cop