Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Tokelau All Star posted:

According to my wife's dad it's somehow the fault of government bureaucracy that this privately-owned dam failed. They wanted to fix it, but the government wouldn't let them!

"Government wouldn't let them" means "I wanted someone else to pay and demanded it and got told to gently caress myself".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
at least the information age is still neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8wDdN_GNi0

the same area on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/1zZd7QkV9pdWrHwB6

i'm sure if they just deregulated dam construction stuff like this wouldn't happen. did you know you have to have a license to call yourself an engineer? get your jackboots off our throats, statists

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

gary oldmans diary posted:

it looks like the main flyover corridor roughly goes from montana to mississippi to west virginia

they probably should have used one of these when building a city down river of some idiots broken dam lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Mental Hospitality posted:

Apparently this is the guy that owns the dams.

lol just gently caress it.

hey everybody this guy wants to hold our collective lives in our hand, he looks trustworthy so,

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
you wouldn't download a dam, would you?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rad-daddio posted:

you wouldn't download a dam, would you?

Nope. Wouldn't maintain it either lmao!!!!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

Nope. Wouldn't maintain it either lmao!!!!

lol

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263170880298942464

What a piece of poo poo.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

treasonous gently caress god what a loving joke

lol and thats how you know the dam is republican & the town is filled with people that vote the wrong way

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

it's like the prez is the villain from a 90's kids movie

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1263172652002275329

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

@aynrandpaulryan, twitter user, sounds far more grounded in reality & humanity than POTUS

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Is there a source for the john galt hat thing?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Multiple drat failures in Michigan.

- Trump

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

guidoanselmi posted:

Is there a source for the john galt hat thing?

Here is Republican Michigan representative Gary Glenn touring Lee Mueller's Sanford Lake dam.

Glenn is in the blue jacket, Mueller in the Galt hat. The two poor guys on the right are probably just trying to earn a living.

What do you know?! the feds told the guy that his dams were poo poo for years and he basically said "lol gently caress you".

quote:

In a 2018 filing, regulators characterized dam owner Boyce Hydro as chronically non-compliant with regulatory requests to upgrade the dam. FERC wanted Boyce Hydro owner Lee Mueller of Las Vegas, Nev. to build additional spillways to reduce the risk of failure. The dam had six spillways at two sites.

Boyce Hydro “has repeatedly failed to comply” with regulators who wanted Mueller to “develop and implement plans and schedules to address the fact that the project spillways are not adequate to pass the probable maximum flood, thereby creating a grave danger to the public,” FERC deputy secretary Nathaniel Davis wrote.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

What do you know?! the feds told the guy that his dams were poo poo for years and he basically said "lol gently caress you".

this man is going to go to his grave believing he did nothing wrong, and no hell awaits him

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

(Atlas looking at repair bill) *shrugs*

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I've been playing a lot of snowrunner. I'm like 80% in the michigan map. How can I help?

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Lee and Gary were probably jerking each other off that whole tour talking about Reduced Overhead Expenditures and Increased Profits. For the record: I have no problem with people jerking each other off, infact, I endorse it.

"Possibility of catastrophe?" "How will it impact our gains?!"

This is a loving diabolical joke.

Cubone posted:

this man is going to go to his grave believing he did nothing wrong, and no hell awaits him

In true libertarian fashion he's completely convinced that if all those people didn't want to die or have their homes destroyed by floodwaters they would have bootstrapped themselves to higher ground.

vandalism posted:

I've been playing a lot of snowrunner. I'm like 80% in the michigan map. How can I help?

That actually looks like a really fun game.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 21, 2020

naem
May 29, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

That actually looks like a really fun game.

It owns. Best game I've played in a while.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just sickening that sort of poo poo happens in 2020.

In a just world the the courts would find him guilty of gross public endangerment and possibly negligent homicide. And then hang him if people had died.

But we live in a capitalist utopia so he gets to have his cake and eat it and maybe have other peoples cake for desert as well. Yum!

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Mulaney Power Move posted:

:golfclap:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

That sort of amazing if revenue doesn't go to the city and was totally bought out all in one go why would the city keep enforcing parking laws? The city could totally drop enforcement and leave it up to the new owners. The new owners seem to want to completely distance themselves from the investment. Is Chicago foot the bill for enforcement and giving the money away? Seems like a very bad deal lol.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there was no quid pro quo. it was a perfect tweet. some say the best tweet theyve ever seen

but really just hold trump over the government and democracy and he will stop blocking aid. its simple and fair

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How the gently caress does someone come to own a loving dam? :psyduck:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

sigher posted:

How the gently caress does someone come to own a loving dam? :psyduck:

My mom is part beaver

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Icochet posted:

My mom is part beaver

Why do you T these up like this

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Icochet posted:

My mom is part beaver

She sure is

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I cared but then it turns out they are lovely earthen dams that were not maintained or monitored properly and the preventive preparation for the flood wasn’t done so this is just another case of inevitable late stage capitalism so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Here is Republican Michigan representative Gary Glenn touring Lee Mueller's Sanford Lake dam.

Glenn is in the blue jacket, Mueller in the Galt hat. The two poor guys on the right are probably just trying to earn a living.

Watch Trump hire him as Infrastructure Guru in next term