Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Glad I finally aught this when it was happening. I tweeted @FF5ForFutures #regpurechaos , that gets me a pure chaos job assignment, right?

And I want to just :toxx: donate $30 ($20 from me, $5 from my sons' allowance) to wherever we are supposed to be donating, but I couldn't figure out exactly where (pure chaos is my household daily routine). Where can I send the money?

Edit: Done. Chemist. On sale for $8 at the steam store

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, so if I want a wind job, I tweet "@FF5ForFutures #Wind" ? I've gotten gilgabot to give me purechaos job and fire job (because I messed up because I am stupid), but they're not responding to my wind request.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cattail Prophet posted:

Tweeting #wind does nothing, your wind job is the one you got from your original #reg tweet.

Oh okay, thanks. Do reg tweets take longer for the bot to respond, because it's been replying in a minute or so to the valid #commands I sent, but it's been a few minutes after I just tweeted #reg.

edit: I see, I screwed it up with the purechaos command. So since it gave me chemist, do I have to keep all my dudes as freelancers until earth crystal? Is there a way to reset it?

edit2: I donated for a wind reroll, hopefully I didn't screw this up.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 27, 2020

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone else download this from the Steam Store? We're having a really hard time with the interface, the controls map seems to be missing some things.

The big thing right now is we can't figure out how to access the "sell" command in stores. I think we've tried every button on the keyboard, but it still hovers over "Buy." Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: "Delete" then "Right" did it, whew! We rolled monk and had all this useless weaPONRY.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Man with Hat posted:

Drunk Nerds, you can use the website if you're having trouble with all the millions of twitter commands and it just kind of figures it out for you (the only tricky bit is the victory submissions)

http://fourjobfiesta.com/mypage.php

Thanks, that's been making things easier. I didn't have time to wait on a wind reroll, seven year old kids really wanted to start playing.

So I rolled a die and it landed on monk, I'll just throw the $ in for a monk re-roll, it's all for charity anyway. I kinda remember early chemist being fun, but it might be hard for my kids to keep up (as opposed to "we're all monks, take off your shirts and karate chop stuff!)

Edit: Are any of the additional donation Toxx's still in play, or did we miss out. Would be interested in going for Osci's 4-bard one.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 27, 2020

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So, when the water crystal shattered, one of the shards went up to the right where we couldn't get to it. Now we don't have mage.

Is this a known issue? Part of the game I don't remember? I'm pretty good at finding routes in 16 bit FF games.

We rolled red mage so it doesn't really matter, but it seems a weird bug.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
cThanks!

I rolled my own die for the first two jobs, I'll just keep trying gilgabot, and if it doesn't give me a role corresponding to the current crystal, I'll just pay a few bucks and get whatever job I rolled. Shows my kids that it's fun to mess up and try to fix it by throwing a few more bucks in for charity.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TheWonderTrickster posted:

$1 for every boss that was attacked by !Kick or !Jump and their subsequent dramatic death animation (You don't need to actually kill them with !Kick or !Jump, the magic of imagination of two pictures is enough):

Byblos
Sol Cannon (Technically it explodes for its death animation and yet that'd be the most accurate kind of death I'd want from a Rider Kick :v:)
Archeoaevis (No Level 5 Death here)
Atomos
MeatDeath
Calofisteri
Omega
Apanda
Azulmagia
Catastrophe
Halicarnassus
Twintania (Can only bully him with everything but Death/Stone)
Necrophobe when Gilgamesh shows up (I would technically like a screencap of the explosion Greg does on Necrophobe before death but that's up to you)
NED

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

Both of these screenshots are insanely funny to me

Faris flying through the air with the most low-effort spritework ever
Lenna sassily waving her finger as Byblos disintegrates

Poque! Whattup. We have a lot of common interests, I guess.

Yeah I took like 5 screenshots of each one and tried to choose the most outlandish

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Can I change my menu color in the Steam version of this game? It's ridiculously important to me, but looking at the options menu I don't see it

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Watching these screenshots makes me super mad I apparently can't change menu window colors on the steam version. It's a different world, dangit, it needs a new color! Then I merge the two world's colors together for the mergeworld and it's freaking emotionally symbolic why can't I have this?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

I have a thing! I got money, so let's use some of it for something good.

:toxx:

Over the next... let's say couple weeks, it'll be a bit before I can get my check in, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will now count on Carbybot, using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. I will do this up to, let's say, $30. I will also add $1 for every picture posted of a player hitting NED with a Fat Chocobo. (Only one per run, obviously.) That max will be $20.

I am also putting a $10 bounty of video proof of someone killing NED with a Fat Chocobo.

We just hit the second world, did we miss it or can it be bought in merge world?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks, everyone! The chance of summoning a chonkobo will keep my kids enthralled, no lie

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Aerdan posted:

5 of 20 The Skald runs have been made, might as well do the first installment now. Reminder: $1 per run up to $20 where a Bard hits someone with an Axe.

Can Bard naturally equip an axe or do I have to do something... weird

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We rolled Red Mage and Monk and were getting really bored until we got bard. Then I paid to roll summoner because my kids really wanted it. So the ship seems to have righted itself, still wish I could cast some real magic, though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So I'm on Exdeath in his castle and I have Summoner, Red Mage, Monk, and Bard as my classes.

Is there anything I can do besides a job fair for the mage?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Did you get the summons Golem and Carbuncle?

Yeah we got golem and utterly rolled over carbuncle. Cast them both at the start of the fight, nothing exdeath did got reflected. No catoblepass though.

Appreciate the advice, I'm pretty good at managing the battle system, been playing with it for 25 years. I'm trying to get two 7-year-olds into charity donating, and "we've got to grind 10 levels in order to part with $30 of our money" is going to paint the wrong picture in their minds.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 11, 2020

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Did you keep up with casting them? Ruby light wears off after a certain amount of time and Earthen wall only puts up with a certain amount of damage until it quits.

Golem definitely, its effectiveness blows our minds. The reflect one probably not though, exdeath was casting stuff like Flare where I was like "why... why wouldn't this be reflected like in every other final fantasy?"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

So I'm on Exdeath in his castle and I have Summoner, Red Mage, Monk, and Bard as my classes.

Is there anything I can do besides a job fair for the mage?

Finally got through this, thanks everyone!
Went with two summoners hammering titan, one summoner keeping up carbuncle and golem, and a red mage playing field medic. I actually crushed through this, which made me regret stopping to gain 6 levels before doing it. But that will make it easier to set up a lot of these pledges. I run a lot of fundraisers, so I'm using this to show my kids how one creates revenue flow by attaching an event to a cause.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We had to restart because my laptop broke, which is okay because my kids can do all the grinding and stuff. We were at the part of mergeworld where you can go to the rift.

My one 7 year old just told the other "don't buy weapons, remember? We're monks: ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Nix Panicus posted:

Do they know the other part, where police will never help you?

No, they've just seen the gang tag over my shoulder.

When they were three one escaped their grandfather's attention and wandered off, police brought them home. So I don't want them to be paranoid of police just yet.