Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Aaaaand first run of the year is done.

Mime/Zerk/Ranger/Monk is a weird one, and I don't think I have the patience to try the superbosses with it, but it was fun. Killer Bows are just loving nasty.

I'd started before I knew about the ACAB incentive so I'll have to do that with my next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #2 down. Once I had the summoner it turned pretty easy, this team had insane area damage with scrolls and later boosted Syldra.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #3 down.

Summoner/Thief/Blue/Mystic - this poo poo was basically game breaking. Omega was still too tall of an order without some absurd grinding, but these two went down without too much problem:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

All :toxx:es up to this one:

should be in the third post. I am also reprising mine from last year. As follows:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS, AGAIN :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Also, this does not apply right now, but I am also reprising my end-of-Fiesta toxx based on stats that we rack up in Discord - for every rod broken (tracked with the .break command) and every person who hits the speed trap (tracked with the .trapped command), I am chipping in two cents a rod and ten cents a speed trap, up to a combined $100.

Also got this poo poo, I had to re-fight NED to pull it off because the first time around I failed to steal like 10 times, and I had to just say gently caress it and drop the Lamptetsuken.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #4 done. Triple crown! :toot:
Mystic Knight, Freelancer, Knight, Chemist

(ok seriously this team is bonkers, although there are some parts where it can be a bit of a slog)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 20, 2020

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #5 down, also triple crown #2 for the year :toot:

This one was interesting, because I felt like I was on the edge of dying to half the bosses in the game, but I never really needed to grind much after the early game. Aside from kittyzerker the whole group was made of tinfoil and I don't think I've ever spent this many phoenix downs in a fiesta before. Overall one of the best runs I think I've had in a while.

ultrafilter posted:

Same :toxx: as last year. Use all twenty regular jobs and I'll donate $20 plus your job fair expenses (up to the total price of one of each regular job). Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.
Jobs remaining: White Mage, Time Mage, Red Mage, Beastmaster, Geomancer, Samurai, Dancer

Run #6 is only going to knock Beastmaster off the list, but at this rate I've probably got quite a few left in me.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 21, 2020

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mustached Demon posted:

Thought about it and I think the Great Sea Trench would be better. Seems more useless if you don't have a time mage or geomancer to make it less annoying. Monk is ok because they need help.

So! Post a pic of you beating the triple goblin jerks to get credit.

This place sucks. Also, gently caress these nerds:

Lamp. Tetsu. Ken.

e: No geo/time

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 22, 2020

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #6, Triple Crown #3
Blue + Beastmaster = :laffo:

Beat the drat game at level 24. Also had a really amusing glitch, although it did fix itself. This team is broken as gently caress.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Always #purechaos

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #7 (Triple Crown #4) done, after I took a week and a half break mostly playing roguelikes and poo poo.

Red Mage/Summoner/Beastmaster/Samurai

Red Mage is bad, y'all. Seriously.

Jobs remaining: White Mage, Time Mage, Geomancer, Dancer.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

JibberJabberwocky posted:

2) :toxx: challenge I will donate $20 to a maximum of $600 for proof of your geomancer hitting Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Show me your geomancer with it equipped and a pic of the attack and we're golden.

This bell sucks.

Like, no poo poo, actually my first time ever getting that thing outside of a 100% all-weapons run where I never used it. But what else is this team gonna use? I got the rear end dagger, the rune axe and...welp!

e: Run #8 done, I thought about doing superbosses then decided I didn't feel like dragging it out.

Geo/Blue/Dancer/Zerky! Pretty wonky but it was fun the whole way. Geomancer is pretty bad for most of the game but it's actually a VERY good starting job if you're using the fiesta mod.

Jobs remaining: White Mage, Time Mage. Might have to just fair for both of them, depending on what kind of mood Gilgabot is in.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 1, 2020

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #9, Triple Crown #5 :toot:

Ninja/Bard/White/Freelancer

I mean, this is about as powerful as a group gets in this game.

Jobs Remaining: Time Mage

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:toxx:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.
Turns out, boosted Titan will gently caress this dude up

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #10 (Triple Crown #6) done :toot:

Knight/Dragoon/Time/Summoner - of course it was good, it had the best job!

ultrafilter posted:

Same :toxx: as last year. Use all twenty regular jobs and I'll donate $20 plus your job fair expenses (up to the total price of one of each regular job). Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon. There is no requirement to do this in exactly five runs, but more than that is a lot of FFV.

Welp, it took me 10, because gilgabot just loved giving me repeats this year, and I didn't want to job fair more than once per run.

Here's the stuff I job faired in:

Fair total was $20 even (all the stuff above, plus the Time Mage I faired into run #10), but because the bot loves to troll, two of the times I job faired a new class I'd just turn around and get it again in the very next run (Mystic and Beastmaster)

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

So I only ended up doing 9 of them with BLM, because I'd already gotten a few hours into my first run before I saw this post :v:

Happy Fiesta, folks!

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
IIRC, when I one-shotted Omega with that team, I used CK/Enhancer.