Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
beat elden ring after 110 hours. was a bit over leveled at the end but i guess that happens when im trying to explore everything. all the end bosses feel like a joke after malenia but the last ones in a cool arena at least. thought i could be clever and try to save melina by picking up the frenzied flame to light the caldron myself (sparing her sacrifice), then reversing it with miquellas needle afterward (cus that ending seemed bad) but she got real mad at me and peaced out for the rest of the game. know i messed up half a dozen quests so guess thats for playthough 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: tunic makes you feel smart af when you figure out a puzzle

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

polyester concept posted:

you can get there thru a portal at the end of the volcano manor town area

edit: lol maybe I’m confused

I want to say it was from the lost city of Nokron?

no wait I somehow got there from the tree area below that where the woman in D's quest is except I killed her because I thought she killed D but apparently that was wrong?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

i have all the ps+ ps5 titles and my ps4 library is all digital and not even close to played out yet. but maneater probably lol

maneater is some goofy fun. it gets a little repetitive, but i enjoyed it until the end and didn’t feel like it wore out its welcome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maneater's really fun. might be the only game i've platinumed. barely touched the DLC though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

maneater is the one that’s : the game, right?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it looked fun

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

that's the one yeah

jesus WEP posted:

it looked fun

it is. it's on gamepass

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Endless Mike posted:

it is. it's on gamepass

sweet

gamepass kicks rear end

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

jesus WEP posted:

no the shark protagonist is female

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it is well known that it is illegal to say suck my dick if you don’t have one

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

What about suck my rear end?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some women have dicks, too, you know

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

chris parnell is the narrator. he's great

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i wonder if xcom 2 ps4 is actually playable on ps5. guess it's a good time to find out, there was a dlc i hadn't gotten to

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Kenny Logins posted:

i wonder if xcom 2 ps4 is actually playable on ps5. guess it's a good time to find out, there was a dlc i hadn't gotten to

oh dang, war of the chosen? if so it's a whole other game

i just started an ironman* game, goddamn i love xcom. chimera squad is real good btw

*i'm using git to bail myself out of no-win situations because i am a coward

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

psiox posted:

oh dang, war of the chosen? if so it's a whole other game

i just started an ironman* game, goddamn i love xcom. chimera squad is real good btw

*i'm using git to bail myself out of no-win situations because i am a coward
I love everything about XCom 2 except for the Avatar project stuff, cos it feels like a time limit and I hate time limits

Just wish it had a skirmish mode where I could play random battles and build my team forever.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
chimera squad pivots way more into that style of play and it's great

god knows i'm already tired of bradford grabbing my attention every five minutes to remind me of avatar

psiox fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 23, 2022

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
the contrived time limit mechanics are not great. a better way to handle that would be to start dropping escalating reinforcements after a few turns. and instead of having the avatar project have a threat level where engaging too many reinforcements or blowing up too much stuff causes higher-level reinforcements to start dropping sooner in future missions. that would be a far more effective way of making it feel like a guerilla war.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

today I remembered that Sifu exists

https://i.imgur.com/qbqS4UQ.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

beat-em-ups being such a relatively dead genre is a crime

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The poo poo new X-Coms were such a disappointment to me and everyone else who liked then original three games where you could actually employ tactics.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

sifu is good. i think it's an ideal discount or gamepass game, there wasn't a whole lot to sink your teeth into, but I had fun with it for a couple of weeks

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The poo poo new X-Coms were such a disappointment to me and everyone else who liked then original three games where you could actually employ tactics.

insanely cursed opinion, the new xcoms were awesome

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Truman Peyote posted:

insanely cursed opinion, the new xcoms were awesome

all the new xcoms, xcom2 especially (even more in wotc) is entirely about tactics and rewards you nicely for successful gambits

jerry if you haven't done xcom2:wotc it goes on sale more than any other game i've ever seen so please give it a few hours

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nah I played like two or three boards of the "new" X-Com when it was new and never touching them again.

The Bureau was decent tho.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

new xcoms are really good though :confused:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i remember seeing the dev team played company games of the OG xcom every Friday I think to make sure it felt the same

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i played through Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion yesterday. the whole main game is playable in like two hours including finding all the collectables, so don't actually spend money on it, but it's on gamepass, and is quite funny and charming. there's an endless battle mode after you beat it, but i don't think it's really a big addition. worth your time, if not your money.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ciaphas posted:

today I remembered that Sifu exists

https://i.imgur.com/qbqS4UQ.mp4

this reminded me of those old xiao xiao flash animations where the stick figure badass would beat up all the other stick figures

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this reminded me of those old xiao xiao flash animations where the stick figure badass would beat up all the other stick figures
i think of the one of these that starts with fastball but turns into superbeast basically every other month

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

More like STFU :twisted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

More like STFU :twisted:

is what i say as i roundhouse kick the fucker trying to ask me where i think i'm going

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ciaphas posted:

is what i say as i roundhouse kick the fucker trying to ask me where i think i'm going

lol playing DAYS GONE and stealthing a camp of marauders, at least one goon will bark I think someone is there! and I will always pop up and headshot them Yeah its me!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The Bureau was decent tho.

:thunk:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Quickerflak absolutely scratched an itch I've had for longer than I realized: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1836120/QUICKERFLAK/

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i actually liked the bureau a lot, it's clear that it was a proving ground for the same stuff they'd use to make nu-xcoms

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Yeah I'll remember that sifu exists in a year or so once it's out on the good game purchasing platform

The one that doesn't rifle through your installed games from other platforms and then report back what it finds

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/VK_HM/status/1518057209342668802

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

Yeah I'll remember that sifu exists in a year or so once it's out on the good game purchasing platform

The one that doesn't rifle through your installed games from other platforms and then report back what it finds

lol at this being the line in the sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

which "platform" does?