Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
they really starfielded up fallout 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i installed some insane 150 gb modpack a couple weeks ago and havent touched it lol

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

AnimeIsTrash posted:

if the gameplay and side quests were good, what parts of the game were bad lol?

maybe I should have said gunplay, I meant gunplay. the shooty bits

the dialogue and rpg aspects were rear end as was the main quest. also the exploration was a huge letdown still ok and above average by non-bethesda standards but a serious drop in quality from previous FO games

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
c ac7 s: wow this game gets exponentially more fun when you get out of the "penal unit", idk what it is about those like 5 or 6 missions but they seriously drag it down, its extremely fun now though with all these big combined arms battles

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

it would be neat if bethesda made a good game again

best we can do it starfield 2 in 10 years

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
cjs: game group finally got together and played grounded, cant believe we slept on this for so long its so good

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jonny 290 posted:

ffxiv also contains elements of all previous ff games so really its more like 31

can u press x to HAHA HA HA?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
im veeery slowly working through final fantasy 12 on the switch cause i never played it, this game is brown as hell. im assuming the whole game isnt desert but wow im already sick of it. city? brown. palace? brown and green. dungeon? brown. everything around the city? desert brown.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The Fool posted:

y'all having nothing but positive things to say about that series but I've tried it a couple times and just can't not get into it

same. couldnt get into the dissonance of overly serious and long exposition + cutscenes and pokemon with homeless people or whatever.

now kojima, theres a man that understands how to tell self serious dramady

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

jesus WEP posted:

spelunky 2 is my favourite game to watch and not play

im so bad at this

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

psiox posted:

i'm tempted to do this because i loved the original game as well as lance reddick (rip) but it looks like sony is doing some weirder licensing poo poo than usual- it made me not grab days gone on gog. so if they want to say you don't 'own' it i will simply comply and also not pay for it

idk about all that but the game itself is excellent and better than the og in basically every way

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

well-read undead posted:

i liked it a lot but i missed the feeling of discovery of the past from the first one. of course, you can't really do that again in the same way, but the first game did it so well i really felt its absence

gameplay wise, though, yeah better in every respect

i agree uncovering the backstory was really good in the first one.

i thought the main story was better in the second one (the one driving Alloy from point a to b) and even though it could never capture the original mystery, they did a great job in other ways, like with discovering location set pieces. i thought they were overall better with some spectacular standouts

but yea that mystery and reveal in the first ones hard to beat

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
rude

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
buy it its funny who cares

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

MrQueasy posted:

Instead I bought an enamel pin of a canada goose with a butt instead of tail feathers.

clap ur cheeks if thatchers dead

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
havent played or looked at palworld but how was Pokémon also not morally dubious seems like a dumb argument

fundamentally you are beating up and kidnapping pokemon and forcing them to fight so :confused: ok they're "friends" somehow, but there tons of characters in the show and games are are explicitly abusive to them so, in conclusion

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
if i want to beat up monsters in novel ways i would simply play monster hunter

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
charge blade supremacy

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
cjs: playing through blood west it's suprirsingly good and has incredibly satisfying audio design. very chunky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehTaxX0yAxo&t=914s

also has stephen russel (thief) narrating. plays like a old school stealth game until the action starts which is then very fast paced, very low TTK and most enemies are faster / stronger then you so it gets very stressful

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

dioxazine posted:

shame about the post-launch DRM on rise that they recently added

wait what? thats a bummer

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Ciaphas posted:

was that really because some tourney streamer had a nude chun li mod on during broadcast or did i mishear that

lmao

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i would simply ban the player, laugh and move on instead of wasting developer time, money and community good will by retroactively installing drm in my pve game, but hey what do i know

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
all my apes, gone

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i trusted every link to be vetted what happened yospos

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jenny Agutter posted:

ah, like subnautica

no, thats a fish puncher

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
cjs: to many games simultaneously, but

playing far cry primal and i think its the only good far cry since 3? its really good, probably because they're not trying to be edge lord story tellers.

you grunt at your tribe members, evil cannibal tribe scattered your tribe, go find your missing tribe while everyone grunts at each other and you beat your enemies over the head with a stick. the end. no big monologue by the bad guy. no getting captured every 3 seconds. just beating other primitives in the head and running from sabertooths.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
ubisoft couldnt help themselves, fc primal also has drug sequences in it. at least they're shorter and less annoying than usual

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Branch Nvidian posted:

yeah, persona 5 is better since the characters don't have to fake shooting themselves in the head to summon their personas and instead mostly get really cool cutscenes the first time they summon them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAT7rOz-fh0&t=118s

anime

edit: lol

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
how did I miss the death stranding 2 drop it looks dumb as hell cant wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

haveblue posted:

the effort required to make a game has never been lower

still seems greater than 100% of what they could possibly make (nothing) from shovelware poo poo like that police mystery game. who is buying those?