Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The correct answer is Sekiro, read the tier chart again on the previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
drat Sekiro has some sick mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBNTFyQXbY

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I thought it was fun but its pretty ugh... "Hardcore RPG", to the point your character cant read books until you find someone to teach you the basics iirc

Same with combat your basically an idiot peasant and combat is gonna be frustrating till you level your skills up (in and out of game).

Its very immersive tho so if its your thing and your computer can run it it was great

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

jesus WEP posted:

that sounds like it’s fun in theory and probably a total ballache in practice but maybe it’ll be fun in practice too

They don't make most stuff to monotonous, I think a few of the things that are you can quickly get perks or money or w/e so its not really an issue except when you start X new gameplay mechanic.

Stuff like herbalism, you get perks to collect more flowers at once and as your skill levels up your animation is faster / near instant. iirc when you first ride a horse it controls like rear end and wanders all over but as you level up it gets more responsive and arcadey.

Its basically medieval peasant simulator and pretty fun

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

MrQueasy posted:

Guys, I want to like bloodborne, but unlike Sekiro where I got to pre-nerf Bull and gave up, I can't even consistently get to the first boss of BB.

The controls just feel so janky compared to DS1:Remaster and Sekiro, and everything feels like mush.

BB is all about movement and aggression, remember the ABCs: always be cDodging and Smacking

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

polyester concept posted:

BB was the first soulslike I played and I remember the beginning being the hardest most punishing part of the entire game. idk why I stuck with it. by the end it was such a breeze it was kind of a joke.

edit: except for the spider boss. gently caress that thing

Idk about hardest but yea the first two bosses were rough my first playthrough, was hard to get out of the darksouls shield mentality.

And i agree with the above poster you're probably mashing buttons to much but :shrug:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
starting up mh:rise again and god i hate how impenetrable these are to get into. I loved mh:w but it had the same problem of clunky ui and slow start.

I can't find a control scheme in the settings to save my life and I'm not doing the 90 min intro again that i did a year ago or whenever i failed to start this before, B is quick attack and Y is strong? Im using the katana, RT is special? I got my attacks build up my sword "status" and my RT special can combo if i have "sword status", but whats the weapon outline that goes white yellow red (not the sharpening/durability status)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

that's the spirit gauge, which is a longsword mechanic. here's a basic guide on the longsword: https://www.thegamer.com/monster-hunter-rise-longsword-weapon-guide/

:thanks: i knew it was something but couldn't remember how it worked and i ran around the village initially for the tutorial weapon quests again but it was like all shops

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ya its real good

Might have to pick it up again on pc when its a tenner

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Sapozhnik posted:

Malenia felt like a misplaced Sekiro boss just because of how her whole fight worked. You don't really take turns like you do in the other Dark Souls series games, you learn where you can safely interrupt her and then you loving interrupt her otherwise you're just going to get wailed on relentlessly. There's even the Sekiro sword clang sound effect so you know that you have to switch to defensive mode. The stupid super move could be easily full-parried if ER was Sekiro but it's not Sekiro so uhh I dunno you either shield tank it or do some insanely complicated sequence of precisely timed directional dodges that you have absolutely no way of figuring out without reading about it on the internet.

Still my favorite fight of the game though.

Dog boss gave me the most trouble in that game tbh

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
actually ds3 is the best of the original trilogy as evidenced here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-E0rEOrsag

also it has the best boss in the franchise, Sister Friede

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

they could copy the dark souls strategy and simply not allow jumping at all. whens the last time you saw someone jump in real life? makes you think

Jumping is a pivotal part of dark souls :confused:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I am loving these cheesy haiku intro videos in monster hunter rise

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

haveblue posted:

the phrase “my first couple playthroughs” applied to a game most people spend 100+ hours on strikes me as completely insane

play better games :smuggo:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
uve played the rest, now play the best

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Achmed Jones posted:

i have returnal cause of ps+ but i still haven't played it

its good

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Kenny Logins posted:

it's good, i have it the same way, worth playing until you get to biome 4

Thats the best level / boss in the game :dafuq:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

President Beep posted:

sorry broseph but daddy’s gotta have his legend of zelda fix in a few months here.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
trying to decide if i wanna play through botw again before it releases, feel like there's to many games i wanna play atm though

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

no game has yet had a good card minigame inside of it. gwent got closest but the game outside of it sucked rear end so

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

President Beep posted:

i was doing some cartography the other day when i came across the US fish and wildlife symbol that this meme is based on. it was jarring.

Fishing is cool and good, its not that i suck at it its that the fish don't bite here

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

quig's spur of the moment "top ten games you should play before you die" list

- super mario bros
- super mario 64
- ocarina of time
- doom (1993)
- half-life 2
- final fantasy 7
- skyrim
- shadow of the colossus
- pokemon (any)
- street fighter 2

how do you have HL2 and not HL1 :goofy:

Black Mesa is a supremely good remake everyone should play it, esp. if your the kind of player who wont play HL1 because of graphics or whatever

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i've got 9 out of 10 (never played, or even heard of, shadow of the colossus)

it was an innovative and good game by the same team that did Ico (older) and The Last Guardian (ps4) that absolutely does not hold up. the controls were rear end at the time but you could forgive it for everything else but these days even in the remake its just... Ugh pass

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Pick up that post

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Sweevo posted:

hl1 is an amazing game, but people remember the start and the end and forget the ~30% in the middle full of jumping puzzles and tedious 90s fps bullshit

i played through it ~18 month ago for the first time in maybe 10-12 years and some of those middle sections just go on and on and on...

black mesa does a good job removing / streamlining some of the more tedious maps

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Decon posted:

What you don't like the part where you shoot grunts? And then shoot more grunts? And then get your equipment taken away (90s fps!) and then shoot more. loving. Grunts?

I genuinely love half-life and only finally played it when I played a slew of classics in 2011 and 2012 (I also finally played System Shock 2, which I genuinely think does hold up, and Thief 2 then) but yeah it's very dated.

this might be a fare criticism if the grunt ai wasnt still better than like 95% of modern fps

Speaking of i should replay FEAR

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
anyone play Praey for the Gods?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
https://twitter.com/valky_w/status/1627136520720113669

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ive never watched a state of play before and why tf would anyone watch this

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Playing Return of the Obra Din with my partner on the couch, its very fun. I dunno why I slept on this so long

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

just when I thought it couldn’t get any more ~A E S T H E T I C~ No mans sky has gone and cranked the knob to 11 with the fractal update

drat i havent played this since the big base building update guess i need to play it again

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The Fool posted:

the update that they did with the switch release was massive and retooled a bunch of ux stuff

Well i guess that settles it

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

finally beat malenia solo. always had to summon help before. totally used bloodloss “cheese” to do it. mohg’s spear owns bones

:hellyeah:

I always thought she was easier solo personally, unless you cpuld bank on your helpers not being worthless all it did was give her more health and more opportunities to heal

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
linux suspend works??

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

DS3 is probably the easiest dark souls except when it is specifically trying to kick you in the teeth (which it does pretty often). It's a good game but definitely the worst of the series

:wrong:

Two is good but it was objectively the worst one, it has by far the laziest zones and enemy / boss placement. Nothing like non-stop boss reskins and gank squads with the worst runnups in the series. Whoever design Lud and Zud should never design anything ever again.

Also the difficulty in 3 starts spiking up in Irythil but except for all but the DLC areas its pretty much always the bosses that are the real challenge.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 27, 2023

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Lost Sinner was probably my favorite boss, its a really unique boss fight, especially at the time. Most of the rest of them were forgettable minus some standouts, Smelter Demon, Sinh even though hes a less cool Kalameet, etc.)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
c obra dinn s: games getting wild first the kracken loving everything up, then crab people??? this ship makes the event horizon look like a pleasure cruise.

If you never played it highly worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzB-_Y-PAa8

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Looks like marika on the horse? Am i imagining this?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Decon posted:

I think it's Miquella. The few depictions of him we have show him as having long, blonde, braided hair.

Also, he, iirc, wants to create a world without interference from Outer Gods and possibly without interference from any celestial beings at all such as the Greater Will which could have something to do with the weird not-quite-Haligtree in the image.

Following FromSoft's DLC pattern, my guess is that it's Miquella's dream world akin to the painted worlds of previous games and accessed via his cocoon.

Ya that was my second thought and probably a better guess, I just thought it was odd he was out of his shell, but thats a pretty dang good hypothesis.

In some youtube comments someone was saying maybe its Hephen(sp?) which is only mentioned a couple times and supposed to be a shadow/mirror version of the erd tree but for the dead who die honorably? Would explain all the spirit grave stones and match the art.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Helphen%27s+Steeple

One of the items mentioning it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Its for the best really