Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

reminds me a lot of Uplink in that sense. if you buy a level 4 log deleter and the stuff required to hack banks before you do the one "trace a large transaction" unique mission, you can trace the transaction and then just steal all the money that was transferred and erase your tracks and oop look i now haveenough money to buy every single computer and software upgrade in the first 30 minutes of the game. welp

a friend and I were big into uplink when it came out, and we would call each other up with new ideas to hack the bank, and my friend figured the biggest piece out and it was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it was new and indie and there were no FAQs or anything.

iirc is was a voice recognition thing where you had to call a certain voicemail and get a dude's voice

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

posting again about warcraft 3; reign of chaos. if you have a key i can attach to bnet i'll send you 5 american dollars or something

just pirate the real poo poo like everyone else

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

remember the retired chicago cop that posted on sa that everyone fawned over for months until it came out he was a sex pest

he wasn't just a sex pest he was a teen groomer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
he's probably still around in a goon guild

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

steam is such a cesspool

it's just getting upvoted by bots or whatever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
war... war never changes.

but people do.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
high score is only good because they interview all the "important" people

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
you get a good look at lord british's astoundingly long rat tail

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol I've been smoking weed and playing a jrpg, and I did a snoop and read this enemy is immune to fire. first thing I did next turn was use fire on the loving thing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I plugged in my old Steam Link box for the first time in forever; now I have an all-wired connection between the big pc and the steam box I figured I might get to run games on the projector downstairs.

Thirty-four updates to download and install, been a half-hour so far and I'm all downloaded and on install number five. This must be like owning a modern console.

I love my steam link, I use it all the time. be careful though, because in some games you get massive input lag

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I usually use mine to lay on the couch and get super high playing skyrim or mgs5 or something

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

i wish i could still get stoned without overwhelming anxiety. so much fun as a teenager getting baked and playing civ III

I never got or get anxiety when I smoke because I don't care if people know I'm high. I think the illegality of it added a lot to anxiety and the classic paranoia thing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
anyway since this is games thread, where do you think lord british put his rat tail when he went to space?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
is the new tony hawk any good?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

hey if anyone ever played eve now's a good time to start playing again

lol no

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm struggling to play Control because while it's good, I've played it before countless times in other iterations. it's just another 3rd person shooter

anyone remember Psi-ops on original x-box?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the team that made sleepy dogs should make a new oni game

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

the oni franchise is currently owned by take 2. square enix is big enough to make a serious offer for it, but they probably just don't want to

oni and sleeping dogs have the best combat it's amazing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yeah civ 5 is better

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfxRsNzunQ

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

dark souls isn't hard though

dark souls is difficult in the same way old games are difficult, it's just learning patterns and trying to understand the opaque stats system. there's no dynamic poo poo it's just paint by numbers

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
one time in morrowind I was fatally poisoned, to the point of losing like an hour from my last save. so I looked through all the garbage in my inventory. I saved myself by using a scroll to summon a scamp, then using a ring to drain the life of the scamp. it was a loving awesome creative solution

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

that scamp had a family

lol no it didn't I conjured it from oblivion

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
not like I killed Creeper or anything lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

the strongest memory I have of playing skyrim is the time someone hired me to steal a horse, and when I got it to him, he got on it and rode 20 yards and immediately got attacked by a bear. it knocked him off the horse, which ran away, but he was marked as essential so the bear just knocked him down and then lost aggro while he crawled around. when he got up and took off the bear turned around, chased him down, and downed him again. I followed them across a large chunk of the map watching this happen repeatedly until I got distracted and lost him. I like to think he's still out there somewhere, still getting eternally brutalized by this bear but unable to find the sweet release of death

my fav was in my first playthrough and louis letrouch kept cloning himself outside whiterun. I had 3 louises outside whiterun lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
in my current playthorugh, I built a house and adopted a child, and I must have left mehrune's dagger on the floor because my adopted child got it from somewhere and is running around my house doing spin attacks on training dummies

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

some innocent scamp, the first and last thing it sees is its father is some insane elf sucking the life force out of it with a cursed ring

nah it just gets sent back to oblivion to do whatever the gently caress it is daedra do

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Uptime Sinclair posted:

wait till you hear about soul gems in morrowind/oblivion/skyrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkyPnpW7eQ8

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t5aQ2mTx-4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

when are the cowards at nintendo going to reveal who bowser jr's mother is.

it's the witch lady koopa from gamecube paper mario duh. they're separated but still hang out

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Si7X0Ehbf8

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lz8MN6MQA

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

tried out touhou luna nights. is a fun metroidvania with cool mechanics and good music. i dont know who any of these anime maids are or why chupacabras are attacking me but any game that lets me stop time and throw a dozen chainsaws at people is ok in my book

the main character in that is like dio from jojo. that wont make any sense lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I played the demo and really liked it. I like playing the bad guy in games so that made it more fun

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's a great halloween game if you want to be an evil blorb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3n2XwH5KMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
did anyone else watch that Game Over doc on netflix? I laughed when lord british got super mad about people playing evil in ultima games

omg and his loving rat tail